Black Lives Matter

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
You write like an Andrew Klavan listener.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Quote: DOJ Officially Designates NYC, Portland, Seattle As Violent Anarchy Zones
September 21, 2020 By Jordan Davidson

The Department of Justice labeled New York City, Portland, and Seattle as cities “permitting violence and destruction of property,” in a statement Monday.

Attorney General William Barr said state and local leaders in these cities are endangering citizens, including peaceful protestors.

“We cannot allow federal tax dollars to be wasted when the safety of the citizenry hangs in the balance. It is my hope that the cities identified by the Department of Justice today will reverse course and become serious about performing the basic function of government and start protecting their own citizens,” he said.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Quote: DOJ Officially Designates NYC, Portland, Seattle As Violent Anarchy Zones

The Department of Justice labeled New York City, Portland, and Seattle as cities “permitting violence and destruction of property,” in a statement Monday.

Attorney General William Barr said state and local leaders in these cities are endangering citizens, including peaceful protestors.

“We cannot allow federal tax dollars to be wasted when the safety of the citizenry hangs in the balance. It is my hope that the cities identified by the Department of Justice today will reverse course and become serious about performing the basic function of government and start protecting their own citizens,” he said.

Florida is being run right.

Might be time to start looking for a place.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de...wn-on-looters-violent-protesters-antifa-types

DeSantis proposes law cracking down on looters, 'violent' protesters

DeSantis said any protesters who break the law will have 'a ton of bricks raining down on you'

Bradford Betz17 hours ago
Florida Gov. DeSantis reflects on Hurricane Sally impact: We're 'relieved' to not have any fatalitiesVideo
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday announced a new law to counter violent protests that have rocked the state and country since the police custody death of George Floyd in late May.

DeSantis’ announcement came during a press conference at the Polk County Sheriff’s Office, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis attends an event with President Donald Trump on the environment at the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and Museum, Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020, in Jupiter, Fla.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis attends an event with President Donald Trump on the environment at the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and Museum, Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2020, in Jupiter, Fla. (AP)
Under the new law, anyone found guilty of throwing objects at police and law enforcement officers would be subject to a minimum six-month jail sentence. It also imposes felony penalties for protesters who block roadways, topple monuments or harass people.

“There’s going to be a ton of bricks raining down on you,” DeSantis said of protesters who break the law.

Florida, like many other states, has experienced weeks of protests that often turned into violent confrontations with police. The death of Floyd has prompted many far-left activists to call for defunding the police. Florida’s new law, however, would target cities that try to go down that path.

“This is a very robust package,” the Republican governor said. “I think what it is saying is we’re not going to let Florida go down the road where some of these places have gone."

The law would categorize violent protests and looting as third-degree felonies. Anyone arrested during protests would not be eligible for bail before their initial court hearing and anyone convicted from outside Florida would receive extra penalties. Furthermore, any municipality that tried to defund the police will not receive state funding.

DeSantis said the new law will be filed for the state’s next legislative session that begins in March.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score

It sure took them long enough.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
So in 3 months we went from Defund the police to abolish the police . They do realize if no police. Only those that can afford security will be protected.

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
I know we all have shorter attention spans these days, but I encourage you to watch this video in its entirety to get the context of how patient these officers are, the lengths they go to to avoid shooting the suspect, the raw emotion the shooting officer displays mere seconds after the shooting, and the first aid and care the officers show the suspect after he was shot.

Law enforcement officers are under a tremendous amount of stress in normal times. I cannot imagine what they are going through now.

https://youtu.be/kyBhmKnb81o

Okay, I don't know why the link won't work in my web browser, but if you have the YouTube app, search for "Bodycam Shows Moments Leading Up To Atlanta Officer Shooting Man With Gun".

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
I know we all have shorter attention spans these days, but I encourage you to watch this video in its entirety to get the context of how patient these officers are, the lengths they go to to avoid shooting the suspect, the raw emotion the shooting officer displays mere seconds after the shooting, and the first aid and care the officers show the suspect after he was shot.

Law enforcement officers are under a tremendous amount of stress in normal times. I cannot imagine what they are going through now.

https://youtu.be/kyBhmKnb81o

Okay, I don't know why the link won't work in my web browser, but if you have the YouTube app, search for "Bodycam Shows Moments Leading Up To Atlanta Officer Shooting Man With Gun".

Will check it out later.

Even watching nightly news of “peaceful protesters”. Since when is it “peaceful” to stand 12” from a police officers face with a bullhorn screaming filthy curse words and derogatory racial slurs?

There’s a reason why MLK held his peaceful protests midday, then went home. The desired effect he was after would dissipate once the night fell and the carnage ensued.

patsRmyboys

Fun in the Florida sun
Reaction score
So in 3 months we went from Defund the police to abolish the police . They do realize if no police. Only those that can afford security will be protected.

If they do that then even petty crimes will carry the death penalty as punishment. I'm strapped and if anyone wants to fuck around then they will find out, quickly.

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
If they do that then even petty crimes will carry the death penalty as punishment. I'm strapped and if anyone wants to fuck around then they will find out, quickly.

...wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to feel.

johnlocke

Reaction score
You just don't fucking want to . I promise you that.

"Should we tell them country folk are happy to sit in a tree, in a pile of rocks, or in a riverbank, motionless, silent, and hyper alert for hours just for fun?"

And let's be clear, these fuckers are riding and dying behind the Hammer and Sickle.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score

You saw a grisp of it in Seattle chaz zone.. crime & mob justice ruled .

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
ROFL at the thought of a mob of soy-boys, freshly released from their mother's basements, doing any harm to the farmers, hunters, veterans, and ex-cops.

They are very brazen when they outnumber people 200-1, interrupting people eating dinners in peace, flipping the double-bird to octogenarians, stalking sitting Senators, etc.

They can jack each other off all they want. They don't want any part.

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
This is pretty frickin amazing.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1309362296313929728

I had two thoughts after watching this.

1) Why the frack isn't he punching it and getting out of Dodge when he first clears the crowd?

Of course the answer is he's driving a Prius and that's likely as fast as it can go. Pretty sad that you own a car that can't outrun a mob that's on foot.

2) Why the frack are the police cuffing him at the end? What the hell did he do other than try to save his life?

OP
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Confusing piece.

They’re speaking out on riots and attitudes and mindsets yet not embracing the party that will squash that?

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/0...s-inside-the-changing-face-of-wisconsin-2020/

A Riot In The Suburbs: Inside The Changing Face Of Wisconsin 2020

'Is this the way you solve problems? We’re barely making it with the lockdowns, and now this.'

Chris Bedford and John Daniel Davidson
WAUWATOSA, Wis.—Dale Kooyenga is emblematic of how the new populist, working-class shifts in the Republican Party can cut both ways. Trim and handsome at 41 years old and the father of four children, he’s the sort any local political party would want to run: a former college basketball player, an Iraq War veteran, and a major in the Army Reserves. Yet in the once button-downed, middle class, solidly Republican stretch of suburbs and farm country bordering Milwaukee, two things have shifted — and with them, the political fortunes of the local GOP.

First, a growing influx of liberals from the solidly blue city have changed the electorate; second, President Donald Trump of Queens, New York, has changed the party. While Trump’s brash, impulsive and no-bull style reverberates with disaffected union Democrats and other working-class types, those mannerisms aren’t such a hit among the married, Christian, college-educated suburban women that Wisconsin Republicans like former Speaker of the House Paul Ryan could once reliably count on.

“Absolutely, [the top of the ticket] is hurting us here in this part of the WOW counties,” Kooyenga tells us, using a common state acronym for Milwaukee’s three suburban counties. “I think it’s hurting us, but it’s helping us in [rest of the] state so everything that we’ve lost in the WOW counties we’ve picked up with the other people who liked the new brand and the outcomes.”

In a county he won comfortably for years as a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly, Kooyenga’s 2018 state Senate race was a close call, besting his Democratic opponent by just 2.4 points. In all likelihood, his 2022 political fortunes come down two things: if Trump is still in the White House, and if 2020’s redistricting moves him further east into the city, or in any other direction — where his style of Republican politician still resonates.

The question is, does that trade-off with the suburbs keep Wisconsin in play nationally? While he’s focused on his district, Kooyenga thinks so: “Yeah—it’s a margin of error.”

Nothing is quite normal in Wisconsin right now, though. Thursday morning had been an unusual one for Kooyenga, too: Downtown, he’d been meeting with business owners who’d just been the victims of a riot.

We’d taken the express ferry from Michigan to Milwaukee Wednesday afternoon—a quick two-and-a-half hours hurling across open water at about 35 knots — disembarking south of downtown just as a Black Lives Matter mob was pouring onto I-94 a short ways up the highway.

“You might not want to park on the street,” the young valet at the door warned us. “I’m not sure which way they’ll go after police disperse them.” The young concierge upstairs echoed the sentiment.

The protest was in response to news that the Milwaukee County District Attorney Office would not be criminally indicting a police officer in Wauwatosa, a suburb just west of Milwaukee, for fatally shooting a black teenager back in early February.

This shooting wasn’t a case of police killing an unarmed black youth. The victim, 17-year-old Alan Cole, had been armed when police tried to arrest him on Feb. 2. The officer, Joseph Mensah, is also black, and fired only after Cole discharged his weapon, inadvertently hitting himself in the arm.

Further complicating matters is Mensah’s record: This is the third time the officer has killed someone in the line of duty in the last five years — and the third time Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm has cleared Mensah of wrongdoing in a fatal shooting.

After the decision, hundreds of protesters first took to the freeway downtown and then made their way towards the scene of the shooting in Wauwatosa. When police in riot gear blocked their path, they turned onto North Avenue and began indiscriminately smashing windows. The police eventually deployed tear gas and pepper balls, the crowd lobbed bricks at the police, and at one point a group of rioters looted a gas station until the police arrived and the guilty scattered.

The next day dawned on a community in shock. Wauwatosa belongs to the relatively buttoned-up and prosperous Milwaukee suburbs. This isn’t Minneapolis or Chicago or Philadelphia: Riots and looting don’t happen here.

One corner of town with a stretch of locally owned shops and businesses was particularly hard hit. At just this one intersection, a half-dozen businesses sustained tens of thousands of dollars in damages as the mob passed by Wednesday night.

Andrew Geisler, left, and volunteers work to board-up storefront windows smashed by a BLM mob in Wauwatosa Wednesday night.
Colectivo Coffee only had four windows busted out, but an employee told us it represented at least $1,500 in replacement costs for the owners. He adds that neighbors and volunteers had generously showed up Thursday morning to help with cleanup, although not everyone’s motives are pure. One woman in a Black Lives Matter mask, he says, made a big show of sweeping up broken glass so long as the local news cameras were filming her, but dropped the broom and walked off as soon as the cameras panned away. “She didn’t even pick up the pile of glass she was sweeping.”

Across the street, a group of middle-aged guys are cutting plywood sheets and boarding up the shattered storefronts of a local pharmacy, a wallpaper and paint store, and a nail salon. None of them work at these places — they’re just here to lend a hand.

Andrew Geisler, a 42-year-old marketer from East Wauwatosa, tells us he’d been out for a run that morning and saw his buddy putting up plywood and decided he had to come over and help. He doesn’t resent peaceful protesters, but like a lot of his neighbors, he’s angry at those responsible for smashing windows.

“This just diminishes what the protests are about,” he says, adding that he’s afraid another mob will form tonight and over the weekend. Geisler and the others all reference the unrest in Kenosha. “Some of these people are just looking for trouble,” he says. “But this has been happening all over.”

A few doors down, the Swan U-Serve Pharmacy, an independently owned pharmacy that’s been open since 1972, is also getting boarded up. The owner, Randy Dawes, 65, tells us the single broken window out front will cost him about $1,400 — and that’s out of pocket because it’s a little less than his insurance deductible.

Dawes mentions it’s not just businesses — a 70-year-old woman who lives not far from the pharmacy was at home Wednesday night when someone in the mob tossed a brick through her window.

He employs about 20 people here, and they all know the neighborhood well. One employee, an older woman who didn’t want to give us her name, said Wauwatosa used to be very conservative and Republican but in recent years has been getting more liberal and diverse. “We welcome it,” she says. “Change is good.”

At the end of the row is a Kumon Math and Reading Center for local youth—a business whose purpose is to educate children. Every one of its street-facing windows was smashed on Wednesday night. Some of the window-smashing was caught on video and posted to Twitter, which is how Geisler and a bunch of other volunteers found out about it.

The manager and head instructor there is Wissam Kaddoura, 47, who emigrated to the United States from Lebanon and settled in the Milwaukee area 20 years ago. He isn’t going to let a mob stop his work: When we walk in he’s sweeping up broken glass outside his office, determined to open his classrooms that afternoon.

“These people just have hate inside them,” he laments. “Is this the way you solve problems? We’re barely making it with the lockdowns, and now this.”

Wissam Kaddoura surveys the damage to his youth learning center from a BLM mob that smashed the windows Wednesday night.
Kaddoura’s Kumon center had been out of business thanks to the governor’s lockdowns for three months over the spring and summer. He lost half his students, and only now is beginning to rebuild. He employs a dozen people at the center, and his students are a diverse group from all over the metro area.

He doesn’t understand the mindset of the rioters: “I’d love to ask the people who did this what they hope to accomplish,” he says, then jokes, “I’m living the American dream—working and working, and now cleaning up glass!”

As we made our way toward the door to leave he stops us and lowers his voice. “I lived for 28 years in a refugee camp. I saw people die in the streets. So this broken glass is nothing to me. But the people who do this, I want to know what they’re thinking.”

“I love this country. America gave me everything — education, wealth, safety for my children. I don’t have to worry about anything. Broken glass is no problem. People are asking me if we’re going to close today — no, we have kids to teach.”

johnlocke

Reaction score
BLM is an anti-American movement because at its core it is a rights-denying movement. This is the meaning behind “If this system doesn’t give us what we want, we will burn it down and replace it.”16 When more Americans recognize the anti-American essence of BLM, they will no longer support this destructive organization.

Bullies, Looters, Mobs: The Anti-American Essence of BLM​

"Aaron Briley October 15, 2020
In a horrific act of intimidation on the evening of August 24, 2020, Black Lives Matter (BLM) activists entered a Washington, D.C., restaurant and demanded that all of the white patrons raise their fists in solidarity with BLM.1 Everyone complied except one woman sitting by herself. The thugs then swarmed around her. As the hooligans screamed within inches of her face, the courageous woman remained resolute in not raising her fist.
Such acts of aggression by BLM supporters are becoming more frequent. Nonetheless, BLM continues to garner public support. According to a Pew Research Center poll:
The Black Lives Matter movement, which is back in the headlines amid the nationwide protests, receives wide support. Two-thirds of U.S. adults say they support the movement, with 38% saying they strongly support it. This sentiment is particularly strong among black Americans [86 percent], although majorities of white (60%), Hispanic (77%) and Asian (75%) Americans express at least some support.2
Many seem to regard BLM as a humanitarian organization that fights on behalf of the downtrodden—as a nonviolent movement dedicated to protecting the rights of vulnerable citizens. However, this is not true. Founders and leaders of the organization advocate an ideology that calls for violence, and many of its supporters eagerly enact it.

Consider that BLM and its supporters have a long history of shutting down speech they dislike. In 2015, during a Bernie Sanders speech, BLM agitators stormed the platform, seized the microphone, and hurled obscenities at the audience.3 The event was suspended until security regained control and restored order. In response to such “deplatforming” and the violence that often accompanies it, many speakers no longer speak at college campuses—or do so only with an expensive military-like security detail that maneuvers tactically to and from the venue.4

High-profile speakers are not the only targets. On June 26, 2020, BLM protestors attempted, with screams and threats, to silence black men and women who articulated their reasons for defending the Emancipation Memorial in Washington, D.C.5 On July 13, BLM supporters disrupted a Baptist church service in Troy, New York, and assaulted parishioners.6 On September 25, BLM supporters threatened and physically assaulted journalist Ami Horowitz as he filmed them vandalizing private property.7

This—and many other incidents—also show that BLM’s aggression goes beyond silencing dissent. Many of its supporters openly engage in property destruction and criminal harassment. For months, we’ve seen surreal footage of BLM graffiti property, loot shopping malls, and torch buildings. On August 24, 2020, BLM supporters set fire to a used car lot—despite the fact that its owners displayed a sign reading “Black Lives Matter.”8 A Chicago BLM member aptly stated the policy on which BLM generally operates: “We have demands and they need to be met. . . . We’re not asking you anything. We’re telling you what’s about to happen with your permission or not. . . . You can listen or you can get ran [sic] over.”9

On September 4, at another D.C. restaurant, BLM supporters gave yet another display of this policy in action. They assaulted patrons, yelling at them, smashing their plates, and knocking over tables.10 And on September 7, in Pittsburgh, BLM supporters accosted elderly diners, screaming in their faces, “F—k white people.”11

Ever expanding their domain of intimidation, BLM thugs now harass innocent people from just outside their homes. Residents in Seattle and Washington, D.C., neighborhoods and many others are subjected to banging pans, screaming bullhorns, and graffiti. On August 17, in Seattle, BLM supporters screamed up and down neighborhoods—“Do you know that before your white ass came here, this was all black people?,” and “Give us our s—t back!”12 Motorists, too, are not safe. BLM punks barricade roads and freeways, vandalize cars, and attack innocent drivers who dare to object. Also on August 17, BLM hooligans forced a driver to crash his truck, at which point, they dragged him out and beat him to a bloody, unconscious pulp.13 The scope of BLM’s terrorism is staggering; nothing seems off-limits. Hawk Newsome, head of BLM Greater New York, admits as much: “If this system doesn’t give us what we want, we will burn it down and replace it.”14

These attitudes and actions of BLM are antithetical to the American way of life. America was founded on the principle of individual rights. True, it long violated the rights of black people. But generations of Americans, white and black, have struggled to render this country consistent with its founding principles—and they have succeeded to a tremendous degree. Our founding documents, including the Declaration and the Constitution, described these principles in terms of our inalienable rights to life, liberty, property, and the pursuit of happiness.15 The codification of these rights has contributed to a culture of individualism, entrepreneurship, self-reliance, and optimism.

Whether or not every BLM supporter recognizes it, the movement as a whole is working to erase the rights of people to hold differing views and act accordingly, to earn and keep property, and to assemble freely. Ultimately, this is what BLM wants to destroy—our freedom to live our lives as we see fit.