Black Monday 2023 edition

i hear you, but HE dumped their 1st round 2nd yr qb to select the aforementioned munchkin. 😄
The interwebs is showing Steve Keim was the GM not Kingsbury, looks to me that Kingsbury was nothing more than the HC with no power over coaching or player personnel. Not sure why he gets blamed for that unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible.

Not in any way listed as a de facto GM
1673366447466.png

Last edited:
Bidwell made a huge mistake. His new GM should be selecting the next HC but what GM will want to go into that situation knowing Murray gets favored treatment by the owner?
Bidwell will want to walk that back soon.

He did this as a make-up for the moronic "homework" clause which directed a ton of anger and flak about him being an old, out-of-touch bigot.

Now, he wants to look like a genuine progressive and has hitched his wagon to a kid that is all sizzle and no steak. And killed his entire management
structure with a single, transparent gesture.

HS was right, Bidwill went full NBA only Kyler isn't LeBron.

Can you imagine Bob Kraft asking Mac who he wants as a coach?

The interwebs is showing Steve Keim was the GM not Kingsbury, looks to me that Kingsbury was nothing more than the HC with no power over coaching or player personnel. Not sure why he gets blamed for that unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible.

Not in any way listed as a de facto GM
View attachment 14845
the overwhelming "stated as fact" was he was behind getting murray. does it make a lot of sense that the same gm who selected rosen would dump him a year later when he was that high of a pick? kingsbury and murray have a history.

you are right with the structure. and that there is no "smoking gun". the evidence is circumstantial, your honor, but pretty compelling...😁

I can't think of a single candidate with prior HC or GM experience that would truly want that AZ job. It's going to have to be a first time coach and budding front office wunderkind. This could be an ugly period in the desert.

the overwhelming "stated as fact" was he was behind getting murray. does it make a lot of sense that the same gm who selected rosen would dump him a year later when he was that high of a pick? kingsbury and murray have a history.

you are right with the structure. and that there is no "smoking gun". the evidence is circumstantial, your honor, but pretty compelling...😁
Fair enough, I would still put that on the decision maker but I'm sure KK talked him up like he was the next Mahomes.

This is hilarious to me. Fat chance
Exactly, what are the trainwreck Texans going to offer? They aren't a team that is really close, it is going to be a rebuild...unless Payton wants full control to prove he can build a team, I would think there are better spots for him to land.

A good bit of talk saying Payton may well be tempted by Arizona. Maybe he thinks he can fix Murray? But Murray and his attittude is a world away from Drew Brees.

I get the temptation of Arizona, great weather during the winter, nice lifestyle etc. Remember KK's house out there?

t95cuo5zwbe7scnojdxf

A good bit of talk saying Payton may well be tempted by Arizona. Maybe he thinks he can fix Murray? But Murray and his attittude is a world away from Drew Brees.

I get the temptation of Arizona, great weather during the winter, nice lifestyle etc. Remember KK's house out there?

t95cuo5zwbe7scnojdxf
No GM so he could get what he probably wants & that is to run the entire show

Exactly, what are the trainwreck Texans going to offer? They aren't a team that is really close, it is going to be a rebuild...unless Payton wants full control to prove he can build a team, I would think there are better spots for him to land.
How bad is it to be an actual NFL franchise, and have to consider not going after a top candidate because of the potential for a spiraling PR nightmare if he blows off the interview request.

How bad is it to be an actual NFL franchise, and have to consider not going after a top candidate because of the potential for a spiraling PR nightmare if he blows off the interview request.

Really bad. That's why almost all of these requests-to-interview with big names are preceded by back channel inquiries which, of course, are against the rules. (BB to the Pats for example)
AZ could well have enticed Payton with a possible dual role of HC/GM to get him interested enough to accept the invitation to interview which then led to a formal request.

Houston? I'm guessing McNair/Caserio & Co. followed NFL rules to a "T" either not knowing any better or, more likely, taking the moral high ground as pounded into their culture by fake pastor Jack Easterby. If Payton agrees to interview with Houston, he'll schedule that interview last on his schedule knowing he'll never have to follow through with it. No need to cause Houston further embarrassment as dictated by his Southern Gentleman training while in NO.

Last edited:
Back