Black Monday - version 2021

TommyD420

Meet the New Boss. Same as the Old Boss.
Reaction score
Watson to Chicago for picks and Fields?

Would the ownership in CHI pull that trigger?

Do they have the picks?
I'm not trading Fields for Watson. I think Deshaun Watson's a top 10 QB, but I think Fields' ceiling is higher. Not to mention he's not being sued by half of Texas.

D2maine

Reaction score
I'm not trading Fields for Watson. I think Deshaun Watson's a top 10 QB, but I think Fields' ceiling is higher. Not to mention he's not being sued by half of Texas.
thats the key here watson needs to get this taken care of or he is toxic to any team.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
I don't see it happening either. It was a thought that popped into my head when Flores was announced as a CHI candidate.

But you think Watson<Fields?

SkiptoMyLou

Mac Attack!
Reaction score
Now that Judge is out, do Giants target Flores?

Flores is an NY native, and that would sway Watson to go to them, which would potentially get them a legit QB. And it would keep Flores the hell away from the AFC. It makes too much sense.

Roberto71

Reaction score
I still think Chicago is the best matchup for both Flores and the Bears. The Bears are a great, historical franchise and have a defensive culture that runs right through the team and which the fans identify. He'd bring that to the team and also has a great young QB in the pipeline.

D2maine

Reaction score
all this flores and watson talk - has any of this come from the flores camp or is it all made up bs by the miami cya campaign? i don't believe flores has ever mentioned wanting watson at any point.

Mazz22

Age 44 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
His potential as a pocket passer rivals anyone in the last couple of drafts. Also he's 22, and under his rookie contract, whereas Watson's making $35 million with a $40 million dead cap hit next year.
I agree Tommy. Fields has a fantastic ceiling. He won't reach in Chicago unless they actually do get a competent coach like Flores. I have to think Chicago is #1 on his list. That defense has a lot of talent. Also, if Rodgers does leave GB and head to the AFC, that division is there for the taking.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
His potential as a pocket passer rivals anyone in the last couple of drafts. Also he's 22, and under his rookie contract, whereas Watson's making $35 million with a $40 million dead cap hit next year.
This is going to be investing to watch play out. I don't think Fields has a high ceiling at all. Decent athlete and decent head. But that is it. Average.

foobahl

Reaction score
Now that Judge is out, do Giants target Flores?

Flores is an NY native, and that would sway Watson to go to them, which would potentially get them a legit QB. And it would keep Flores the hell away from the AFC. It makes too much sense.
That can't happen, haven't you heard BB is going to NY/NJ

O.Z.O.

rude and offensive
Reaction score
Bears are excellent for nobody. Chicago is the new NFL wasteland
Disagree. The Chicago Bears are the Monsters of the Midway. It will always be attractive.

...now...Jacksonville...THAT'S a wasteland. When was the last time a team had the #1 pick by virtue of record in back-to-back seasons...not counting the '76-'77 Bucs?

Roberto71

Reaction score
Disagree. The Chicago Bears are the Monsters of the Midway. It will always be attractive.

...now...Jacksonville...THAT'S a wasteland. When was the last time a team had the #1 pick by virtue of record in back-to-back seasons...not counting the '76-'77 Bucs?

Exactly. I don’t care how barren their recent years have been, that’s a team with more Pro Football HOFers, and more retired numbers than an other team. America’s 3rd biggest city, a football city with just one NFL team that’s so old, they used to play the Canton Bulldogs and the Chicago Cardinals for god sake. And they’re just bought hundreds of acres at Arlington Heights on the outskirts of the city to develope a new state of the art stadium and surrounding developments.

If you were a HC candidate looking for a Job and if you could pick one team to resurrect, with some decent players already in place, you’d jump at the job.

TommyD420

Reaction score
I don't see it happening either. It was a thought that popped into my head when Flores was announced as a CHI candidate.

But you think Watson<Fields?
Right now? No, not even close.

SkiptoMyLou

Mac Attack!
Reaction score

plotting episode 4 GIF

TommyD420

Reaction score
OP
OP
chevss454

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
This would be best-case scenario, but I do think it will be Harbaugh, not that it will be all that much different. I don't know how much wearing your cleats on the sidelines as a coach plays with the kids these days. It has been 8 years since he last coached in the NFL, a decade since he won anything. 🤷

Flores was tough on his players and they complained to the FO but they played for him.
Wait til Jim Harbaugh starts barking at them and throwing a nutty. They ain't seen nothin' yet.
I'm good with either one of these guys to be honest.