Black Monday - version 2021

Darlington has no ties to the Dolphins. He's a national writer sharing what he's been told.
I mean, other than being from Miami and being the former beat writer for the Miami Herald, sure, no ties at all. :coffee:

I think that Flores will have a BB type of trajectory. Hopefully he will go back to being a DC (here please) and only take a job with complete control like Parcells/BB. I really think Flores is an excellent coach.
I think he gets a HC job this offseason.

This one will sound familiar to Pats fans...

Seems Grier and the owner drafted Tua when Flores preferred Herbert.

Grier kisses owners ass, coach has to go...

Change "Tua" to "Terry" or (Theresa if you will) and "Flores" to "Tuna" and it an old song and dance.
In this case however, the coach was right, and not the GM. :coffee:

I mean, other than being from Miami and being the former beat writer for the Miami Herald, sure, no ties at all. :coffee:

Indirectly, I guess. Kind of like Bedard's ties to the Patriots now.

So Miami wants to talk to the guy Bills fans can't wait to get rid of to replace Flores. hahahaha

You don't think Bedard and Giardi still have ties to the Patriots?

Giardi? Yes. He still has plenty of friends who cover the Pats.
Bedard? No. He never had any friends who cover the Pats.

If Miami ends up getting Watson then that head coaching job becomes extremely attractive.

It's like, Shula, Jimmy Johnson and Flores, and then like, every other Dolphins coach.
yeah...good point...a game under .500 seems like a good way to sum up their existence as a franchise :coffee:

...well with that exception of where they cheated their balls off in the early 70's...

Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Who will be the next Bears head coach? L. Frazier +400 P. Fitzgerald +500 Jim Harbaugh +700 J. McDaniels +700 Leftwich +1000 Daboll +1100 K. Moore +1200 Mayo +1500 Roman +1500 Payton +1800 Pederson +2000 Day +2000

Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Who will be the next Bears head coach? L. Frazier +400 P. Fitzgerald +500 Jim Harbaugh +700 J. McDaniels +700 Leftwich +1000 Daboll +1100 K. Moore +1200 Mayo +1500 Roman +1500 Payton +1800 Pederson +2000 Day +2000
Frazier doesn't seem like good head coaching material imo. His defenses are passive like he is.

Seems like Flores was not ever sold on Tua, he may have been the one pushing for Watson.

It's been reported that Watson's interest in Miami was because of Flores and he's cooled considerably on the idea since they let him go.

Could be spin and posturing.
Watson to Chicago for picks and Fields?

Would the ownership in CHI pull that trigger?

Do they have the picks?

Back