Black Monday - version 2021

I still think Chicago is the best matchup for both Flores and the Bears. The Bears are a great, historical franchise and have a defensive culture that runs right through the team and which the fans identify. He'd bring that to the team and also has a great young QB in the pipeline.

His potential as a pocket passer rivals anyone in the last couple of drafts. Also he's 22, and under his rookie contract, whereas Watson's making $35 million with a $40 million dead cap hit next year.
I agree Tommy. Fields has a fantastic ceiling. He won't reach in Chicago unless they actually do get a competent coach like Flores. I have to think Chicago is #1 on his list. That defense has a lot of talent. Also, if Rodgers does leave GB and head to the AFC, that division is there for the taking.

His potential as a pocket passer rivals anyone in the last couple of drafts. Also he's 22, and under his rookie contract, whereas Watson's making $35 million with a $40 million dead cap hit next year.
This is going to be investing to watch play out. I don't think Fields has a high ceiling at all. Decent athlete and decent head. But that is it. Average.

Now that Judge is out, do Giants target Flores?

Flores is an NY native, and that would sway Watson to go to them, which would potentially get them a legit QB. And it would keep Flores the hell away from the AFC. It makes too much sense.
That can't happen, haven't you heard BB is going to NY/NJ

Bears are excellent for nobody. Chicago is the new NFL wasteland
Disagree. The Chicago Bears are the Monsters of the Midway. It will always be attractive.

...now...Jacksonville...THAT'S a wasteland. When was the last time a team had the #1 pick by virtue of record in back-to-back seasons...not counting the '76-'77 Bucs?

Disagree. The Chicago Bears are the Monsters of the Midway. It will always be attractive.

...now...Jacksonville...THAT'S a wasteland. When was the last time a team had the #1 pick by virtue of record in back-to-back seasons...not counting the '76-'77 Bucs?

Exactly. I don’t care how barren their recent years have been, that’s a team with more Pro Football HOFers, and more retired numbers than an other team. America’s 3rd biggest city, a football city with just one NFL team that’s so old, they used to play the Canton Bulldogs and the Chicago Cardinals for god sake. And they’re just bought hundreds of acres at Arlington Heights on the outskirts of the city to develope a new state of the art stadium and surrounding developments.

If you were a HC candidate looking for a Job and if you could pick one team to resurrect, with some decent players already in place, you’d jump at the job.

I don't see it happening either. It was a thought that popped into my head when Flores was announced as a CHI candidate.

But you think Watson<Fields?
Right now? No, not even close.

plotting episode 4 GIF

This would be best-case scenario, but I do think it will be Harbaugh, not that it will be all that much different. I don't know how much wearing your cleats on the sidelines as a coach plays with the kids these days. It has been 8 years since he last coached in the NFL, a decade since he won anything. 🤷

Flores was tough on his players and they complained to the FO but they played for him.
Wait til Jim Harbaugh starts barking at them and throwing a nutty. They ain't seen nothin' yet.
I'm good with either one of these guys to be honest.

Flores was tough on his players and they complained to the FO but they played for him.
Wait til Jim Harbaugh starts barking at them and throwing a nutty. They ain't seen nothin' yet.
I'm good with either one of these guys to be honest.
I would imagine that Tua’s old man will have to sign off on the new coaching hire.:coffee:

Last edited:
Back