Black Monday - version 2021

Schefter is saying Mayo is emerging as a leading candidate for the Houston job.

Caserio is determined to hire either a current Pats assistant coach in Mayo or a former assistant coach in Flores.

Stands to reason that Flores is the guy because of his experience and he has asst. coaches he can hire right away from Miami.
Can he persuade Flores to take the job with Easterby lurking in every shadow?

Flores would fit perfectly in Chicago.

I can't believe there are talent evaluators, scouts and GMs that Tua was an NFL QB, If you will, a "nuanced" prototype QB...only thing "nuanced" is him being a lefty. Wouldn't matter if he was a righty, he still wouldn't be an NFL QB. While we're on that subject, whoever is brought in to run the Bears needs to be looking for another QB. 'Justin Fields' is just another way of saying 'Dwayne Haskins'

FWIW. Flores was part of Patriots scouting dept prior to 2007.

I can't believe there are talent evaluators, scouts and GMs that Tua was an NFL QB, If you will, a "nuanced" prototype QB...only thing "nuanced" is him being a lefty. Wouldn't matter if he was a righty, he still wouldn't be an NFL QB. While we're on that subject, whoever is brought in to run the Bears needs to be looking for another QB. 'Justin Fields' is just another way of saying 'Dwayne Haskins'
TBH - there is/was the perception that Alabama QB's can't cut it in the NFL. they are a product of playing on a team way more talented then most everyone they play against in college. I think Mac breaks that mold, but Mac's strength is his smarts, not running around and chucking up 50-50 balls to the most talented WR's in FBS.
(Mac had those guys too, lets be honest, but he's done pretty well with what Pats currently have so that tells you something)

Why did Brian Flores get fired? The 2 wins against the Patriots alone was reason enough to bring him back. Someone in Miami has their head firmly up their ass.

Back