Boogeymen

Did you just start watching the Pats this year? Good god man, we're only half way into the season with 1 loss and now you're saying the Pats can't beat the Ravens at home? Do you think they won't make any changes and adjustments to their game plan? :shrug:

BB is the gold standard when it comes to facing the same team twice in one season, especially when it comes to the playoffs. I don't give anyone a chance when it comes to playing the Pats at home in the playoffs and especially in the AFCCG.

I don't think the Patriots have the personnel on either side of the ball to stop Baltimore. If they get the Ravens in Foxboro, it'll take everything to beat them by one point. I'd rather play KC on the road than Baltimore anywhere. This team is Belichick's kryptonite and Harbaugh isn't afraid of him whatsoever. IMHO, the Ravens are the best team in football and are built for January.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

actually, this isnt true, I think he is 0-5 in last 5 rematches into the playoffs.

I am too lazy to confirm that but I heard something like that on the radio.

2015 AFCCG, Lost @ Denver
2012 AFCCG, Lost vs. Baltimore
SB 46, Lost vs. NYG
2010 AFCDG, Lost vs. NYJ
2006 AFCCG, Lost at Indy

I don't think the Patriots have the personnel on either side of the ball to stop Baltimore. If they get the Ravens in Foxboro, it'll take everything to beat them by one point. I'd rather play KC on the road than Baltimore anywhere. This team is Belichick's kryptonite and Harbaugh isn't afraid of him whatsoever. IMHO, the Ravens are the best team in football and are built for January.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

SB 46, Lost vs. NYG
2010 AFCDG, Lost vs. NYJ
2006 AFCCG, Lost at Indy
thanks

SB 46, Lost vs. NYG
2010 AFCDG, Lost vs. NYJ
2006 AFCCG, Lost at Indy
They lost to the Browns that put up 40 points on them and the game wasn't even close. We'll just have to agree to disagree, I'll trust in BB to do what needs done for the rest of the season.

of course I want to see the Jets in the playoffs, or the Dolphins but I do not fear the Ravens. I am not a big fan of the coach, I tihnk he is more Thomlin than Belichick in so many ways it can't compare. They made a HUGE point out of him finding someone to look into rules and shit... oh like Bill did with Ernie Adams decades ago... come on now, relax Frankie, they are not that good - familiarity is key with gimmick offenses.

but
I do think he found two coordinators to help him but remember Keap had a game like that against NE with the same Co-ordinator, will Jackson again? And on defense this clown thinks he is Rex Ryan posing with the chain out - that shit will be running down his leg in the playoffs. They just had their superbowl.

I would buy your point if I felt it were a gimmick Offense. It isn’t. It’s a lot of RPO, with exceptional blocking. We don’t have the personnel to win the line. When that happens you don’t get off the field, wear down, and get your poop pushed in. That’s what happened.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

I've always maintained that the best way to beat a Patriot D scheme is to feature guys that don't usually get a lot of touches and Harbaugh is one of the few that did so with the immortal Nick Boyle having a big night.

Which reminds me that it is sickening to see some of the no-name (yet) young TEs all around the league contributing and making great plays. It's a pretty long list, but we had Ryan Griffin in camp for a while, cut him and he's had a couple of nice weeks for the Jets. Even Jacob Hollister caught the winning TD for Seattle.

Yep, we've got some improving to do in all three phases, but TE has been an absolute disaster so far. Gotta be the worst in the league. No question in my mind that it should have been addressed before it got to this Gronk or no Gronk.

Agree. We don’t have A TE that blocks like them. They have 3.

I love Develin. But their guy is a beast and playing.

It’s a poor matchup at best. Will coaching a second time around help? Maybe. But that’s not gonna make us bigger, stronger, tougher.

I would buy your point if I felt it were a gimmick Offense. It isn’t. It’s a lot of RPO, with exceptional blocking. We don’t have the personnel to win the line. When that happens you don’t get off the field, wear down, and get your poop pushed in. That’s what happened.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Agree. We don’t have A TE that blocks like them. They have 3.

I love Develin. But their guy is a beast and playing.

It’s a poor matchup at best. Will coaching a second time around help? Maybe. But that’s not gonna make us bigger, stronger, tougher.

BB should start using one of the backup linebackers or de's for blocking more. They would work better imo.

Did you just start watching the Pats this year? Good god man, we're only half way into the season with 1 loss and now you're saying the Pats can't beat the Ravens at home? Do you think they won't make any changes and adjustments to their game plan? :shrug:

BB is the gold standard when it comes to facing the same team twice in one season, especially when it comes to the playoffs. I don't give anyone a chance when it comes to playing the Pats at home in the playoffs and especially in the AFCCG.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/Patriots?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Patriots</a> are 3-6 in playoff rematches vs teams that beat them in same regular season since 2001<br><br>Last 5 such games:<br><br>2015 AFC Champ L <a href="https://twitter.com/Broncos?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Broncos</a> <br>2012 AFC Champ L <a href="https://twitter.com/Ravens?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Ravens</a><br>Super Bowl XLVI L <a href="https://twitter.com/Giants?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Giants</a><br>2010 Div Rd L <a href="https://twitter.com/nyjets?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nyjets</a> <br>2006 AFC Champ L <a href="https://twitter.com/Colts?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Colts</a></p>— NFL Research (@NFLResearch) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/1191417907093262337?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 4, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/Patriots?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Patriots</a> are 3-6 in playoff rematches vs teams that beat them in same regular season since 2001<br><br>Last 5 such games:<br><br>2015 AFC Champ L <a href="https://twitter.com/Broncos?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Broncos</a> <br>2012 AFC Champ L <a href="https://twitter.com/Ravens?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Ravens</a><br>Super Bowl XLVI L <a href="https://twitter.com/Giants?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Giants</a><br>2010 Div Rd L <a href="https://twitter.com/nyjets?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nyjets</a> <br>2006 AFC Champ L <a href="https://twitter.com/Colts?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Colts</a></p>— NFL Research (@NFLResearch) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/1191417907093262337?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 4, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
You missed the most important part of what I said, at home. The only team to beat the Pats twice in one season and one of those wins were in Gillette during the AFCCG, was the 2012 Ravens, best defense in the NFL and a pretty damned good offense to boot.

I think BB will have something planned for them if they meet in the postseason. Nothing is guaranteed, but, maybe Wynn comes back...maybe even AB? Who knows...

I think BB will have something planned for them if they meet in the postseason. Nothing is guaranteed, but, maybe Wynn comes back...maybe even AB? Who knows...

All you have to do is take away their run game and force Jackson to beat you with his arm. It's so simple A caveman could do it!

You missed the most important part of what I said, at home. The only team to beat the Pats twice in one season and one of those wins were in Gillette during the AFCCG, was the 2012 Ravens, best defense in the NFL and a pretty damned good offense to boot.

The Pats currently have a single game lead on the Ravens for home field.

They need to keep pace.

They need to keep pace.
They've got some tough games coming up, Niners, Rams, Bills, and possibly the Browns, I don't see them running the table and yes, I am aware of the Pats schedule but they have most of their tougher games at home.

Hoping they can get some guys back before the Eggles game.

Yes we are great at home, and I feel comfortable that we can win at home even if someone beats us during the regular season. So I agree with you 100%.

Just a quick point, the Jets did beat us in 2010 week 2 28-14. A lot of haters like to talk about the 45-3 game then the loss in the playoffs to the Jets. But they actually beat us that season, so win in the divisional round is not as surprising as the haters like to say.

I will say those two looses to NYJ '10 and Balt '12 were against a Pats team that was not the strongest of the run. I feel more confident with the present version to hold serve at home come playoff time..

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

They need to keep pace.

Yah the head to head games can swing things. From being 3 games up in loss column with head to head tiebreaker, to only 1 up in loss column without head to head.

I think we can keep pace with the Ravens and even expand our lead given their schedule. But things have gotten a little tighter.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

[

Yes we are great at home, and I feel comfortable that we can win at home even if someone beats us during the regular season. So I agree with you 100%.

Just a quick point, the Jets did beat us in 2010 week 2 28-14. A lot of haters like to talk about the 45-3 game then the loss in the playoffs to the Jets. But they actually beat us that season, so win in the divisional round is not as surprising as the haters like to say.

I will say those two looses to NYJ '10 and Balt '12 were against a Pats team that was not the strongest of the run. I feel more confident with the present version to hold serve at home come playoff time..
My bad, forgot about the Jetes. :facepalm:

If we can get Devlin back the run game should pick up.

They need to keep pace.

Damn sure do!
Remaining schedules

Pats, 8-1
--@Eagles - Which Eagles team shows up? Troy Vincent's not in the booth...should be a win but could go either way. :shrug:
--Cowboys - Don't look now but they're running a heavy OL just like the Ravens & you can bet Jerrah enjoyed our loss :shrug:
--@Texans - Another physical game & they're playing hard for BO'B but JJ vs Pats...pfffft, although Watson is playing well. Should be a win. :thumb:
--Chiefs - Their D has improved from worst to average. CBs are now a strength for the Chiefs. Home game for us but Chiefs bent on revenge & Reid won't be surprised by our defense in this one. :shrug:
--@Bengals - ;) :thumb:
--Bills - The Bills are 6-2 but will probably be 9-5 by week 16. They'll need a win desperately to stay in the PO hunt. :tongue: :thumb:
--Dolphins - Sorry Coach Flores but :shake: , the Pats are peaking now. :thumb:

Final record 13-3 with 12-4 possible at worst but also a chance, if things go really right, to be 14-2. 15-1 is probably not in reach unless our O comes together quicker than can reasonably be expected.

Ravens, 6-2
The Ravens have losses to the Chiefs and Browns. Toughest games left are against the Texans, who match up better than we do, and the 49ers. Both games are in Baltimore. SF doesn't have the horses to stop Bal and JG will surely make mistakes under pressure. SF loses. They also play the Bills, who also match up well to the Ravens power running game, in Buffalo Dec. 8th. Their last game of the year is a home division game vs the Steelers who would love to beat the Ravens. Both games should be Ws for the Ravens.

The Texans game next week seems pivotal for the Ravens. If the Ravens win vs the Texans, I think the Pats are looking at the 2nd seed since the Ravens have the tie-breaker on us and have a good chance to finish 14-2.

Texans, 6-3
With games coming up against the Ravens, Colts and Pats, the Texans could make the seeding in the AFC really interesting. 2 of those 3 games should be losses for the Texans giving them an 11-5 record. If the Texans and Chiefs both are 11-5, the Texans hold the tie-breaker by beating the Chiefs week 6.

Chiefs, 6-3
3 toughest games left are Patriots in Foxboro and Chargers twice. They also have the Raiders who are playing better now. That game is in KC. The Chargers should win 1 of their 2 games which gives the Chiefs 4 losses. A Pats win, while not crucial for the Pats' PO hopes, would put the Chiefs at 11-5 and in a race vs the Texans for the 3rd seed. Either way a Pats win probably forces them to play that extra wildcard game.
===============

Long story short, with only 1 loss, the Patriots control their own destiny but with their easier schedule, the Ravens are looking good to earn the 1 seed.

My too early AFC predictions:
1. Ravens
2. Pats
3. Chiefs
4. Texans

JJ Watt is out for the year with torn pec. So Houston should be less of a problem league wide.

Baltimore was at home off a bye. That was their SB. I’m not sold on their powerhouse 14-2 potential. I think their OC had a great plan with matchups that clearly play to their favor AGAINST US. Manhandled on D.

I read the article you posted all excited about fix via scheme. We’ll see. But my fear is we just got our nose broke by a bigger tougher guy. Walk away thinking about and say to self well next time I’ll bob n weave right. Well, let’s see if our nose gets broke again.

They match up to play power run against us just too good. Yards before contact in that game was like 5.6 during the broadcast. That’s insane. College can of whoopass Alabama vs Berkeley College of Music domination. Ugh.

I gotta forget this one...

I have watched and studied the game a few times now and this was not the abomination some think it was. The Pats did a lot of good things. It really turned on the Edeleman fumble but they did well even after that for the most part.

The penalties and sloppiness will be cleaned up. You can take that to the bank.

I have watched and studied the game a few times now and this was not the abomination some think it was. The Pats did a lot of good things. It really turned on the Edeleman fumble but they did well even after that for the most part.

The penalties and sloppiness will be cleaned up. You can take that to the bank.

The good news is we’ll find out soon. Dallas will offer a power run game, and while they don’t have a Lamar Jackson level elite RPO option, I’m more interested to see how it plays at its core. Can we stand up to that kind of run blocking? If we can’t and we can’t get the score up in the high 30s to force the opposition out of that run game we are toast.

Back