Boogeymen

The good news is we’ll find out soon. Dallas will offer a power run game, and while they don’t have a Lamar Jackson level elite RPO option, I’m more interested to see how it plays at its core. Can we stand up to that kind of run blocking? If we can’t and we can’t get the score up in the high 30s to force the opposition out of that run game we are toast.

I think the gap discipline broke down a lot vs. Baltimore. Some of those looks they were showing were really different and very well executed. Jamie Collins might be having a big year, but he didn't have much of game that night, imo. Looked like he didn't handle his gaps and freelanced too much. Unfortunately, it wasn't just him.

Bill is going to be saying "Do your job" about a bazillion times between now and when we face Dallas.

Damn sure do!
Remaining schedules

Pats, 8-1
--@Eagles - Which Eagles team shows up? Troy Vincent's not in the booth...should be a win but could go either way. :shrug:
--Cowboys - Don't look now but they're running a heavy OL just like the Ravens & you can bet Jerrah enjoyed our loss :shrug:
--@Texans - Another physical game & they're playing hard for BO'B but JJ vs Pats...pfffft, although Watson is playing well. Should be a win. :thumb:
--Chiefs - Their D has improved from worst to average. CBs are now a strength for the Chiefs. Home game for us but Chiefs bent on revenge & Reid won't be surprised by our defense in this one. :shrug:
--@Bengals - ;) :thumb:
--Bills - The Bills are 6-2 but will probably be 9-5 by week 16. They'll need a win desperately to stay in the PO hunt. :tongue: :thumb:
--Dolphins - Sorry Coach Flores but :shake: , the Pats are peaking now. :thumb:

Final record 13-3 with 12-4 possible at worst but also a chance, if things go really right, to be 14-2. 15-1 is probably not in reach unless our O comes together quicker than can reasonably be expected.

Ravens, 6-2
The Ravens have losses to the Chiefs and Browns. Toughest games left are against the Texans, who match up better than we do, and the 49ers. Both games are in Baltimore. SF doesn't have the horses to stop Bal and JG will surely make mistakes under pressure. SF loses. They also play the Bills, who also match up well to the Ravens power running game, in Buffalo Dec. 8th. Their last game of the year is a home division game vs the Steelers who would love to beat the Ravens. Both games should be Ws for the Ravens.

The Texans game next week seems pivotal for the Ravens. If the Ravens win vs the Texans, I think the Pats are looking at the 2nd seed since the Ravens have the tie-breaker on us and have a good chance to finish 14-2.

Texans, 6-3
With games coming up against the Ravens, Colts and Pats, the Texans could make the seeding in the AFC really interesting. 2 of those 3 games should be losses for the Texans giving them an 11-5 record. If the Texans and Chiefs both are 11-5, the Texans hold the tie-breaker by beating the Chiefs week 6.

Chiefs, 6-3
3 toughest games left are Patriots in Foxboro and Chargers twice. They also have the Raiders who are playing better now. That game is in KC. The Chargers should win 1 of their 2 games which gives the Chiefs 4 losses. A Pats win, while not crucial for the Pats' PO hopes, would put the Chiefs at 11-5 and in a race vs the Texans for the 3rd seed. Either way a Pats win probably forces them to play that extra wildcard game.
===============

Long story short, with only 1 loss, the Patriots control their own destiny but with their easier schedule, the Ravens are looking good to earn the 1 seed.

My too early AFC predictions:
1. Ravens
2. Pats
3. Chiefs
4. Texans
The Ravens also have to play the Rams in LA so I wouldn't call that one a for sure win for them.

The Ravens also have to play the Rams in LA so I wouldn't call that one a for sure win for them.

Ravens-Rams isn't a gimme for the Ravens but it's close to it. JMHO

Baltimore's game at Pittsburgh to end the season will have gigantic ramifications for everyone. I imagine the Steelers will need it for a wild card and will give them hell at Heinze. Scary to think that Pats nation will likely all be Steelers fans that day

Baltimore's game at Pittsburgh to end the season will have gigantic ramifications for everyone. I imagine the Steelers will need it for a wild card and will give them hell at Heinze. Scary to think that Pats nation will likely all be Steelers fans that day
I could accept a tie if it works in the pats favor

Very impressive, Boogeymen!

EJTS6zvWsAAhAcf

Back