Boston Bruins hockey

I wasn't able to watch Saturdays game because we can't get NESN up here and the NHL Network didn't carry it either so I listened to the game on the 98.5 The Sports Hub app. From what I was hearing it seemed that the boys might have been a bit fatigued, Toronto's defense hasn't been good this year yet the held the Bruins to 1 goal. Time to get back to the winning side of things starting tonight.

McAvoy very close, could even been tonight. Excited to see how he does offensively with the added freedom in this offense. I wouldn't be shocked if he becomes a point a game player, he's capable of it.

Edit: It's now official that he's playing

Last edited:
Last 2 games with Pasta corralling the puck out of the air and controlling it for a sweet goal on Thursday and an assist tonight. Unbelievable eye hand coordination. Bruins are 13-2 now, best start since the 1930 team who went 19-2 to start the season.

Last 2 games with Pasta corralling the puck out of the air and controlling it for a sweet goal on Thursday and an assist tonight. Unbelievable eye hand coordination. Bruins are 13-2 now, best start since the 1930 team who went 19-2 to start the season.
That whole sequence against the Sabres was unreal, even what Bergy did to get Pasta the puck. They're having a lot of fun right now.

7min mark

View: https://youtu.be/b4AILoAOJPk?t=418

B's now 15-2 tying the all time NHL season opening record with 10 straight home wins. They can break the record tonight VS Blackhawks. Swayman is back and so is the goalie hug at the end of the game after the win. Ullman 8-0 at home this year so far. Not to shabby a start for the Black and Gold.

EDIT: My bad, they tied the all time home start with 11 straight wins with last nights pantsing of the Hawks. So they are now a pathetic 16-2. I don't know why I bother to watch.

Last edited:
Check out the schedule the next 4 weeks. it's brutal.
Whats nice is those other teams are looking at Boston going well that game is going to suck! The 3rd and forth lines are scoring now, even the Defense is chipping in. McAvoy scoring in the winner in his first game back. In fact the defense is looking very good now. I know it's still early but there is a lot to worry about playing the Bruins right now.

16-2! Helluva a start to the season. Racking up the wins and building a nice conference lead. I’m looking forward to them playing some tougher competition to see if this run is for real (I believe it is). Sway is back and Ulmark is playing some lights out goaltending. Now let’s hope they don’t sustain any major injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16-2! Helluva a start to the season. Racking up the wins and building a nice conference lead. I’m looking forward to them playing some tougher competition to see if this run is for real (I believe it is). Sway is back and Ulmark is playing some lights out goaltending. Now let’s hope they don’t sustain any major injuries.
This 7 game stretch coming up is kind of brutal

This 7 game stretch coming up is kind of brutal

That’s ok, they need a good test to see how they stack up and prove that they’re legit, I’m looking forward to it.

i would trade debrusk and Carlo for Patrick cane in a second.

i would trade debrusk and Carlo for Patrick cane in a second.
Maybe last year but Jake has found his spark from 2 seasons ago as well as learned new tricks and Brandon is all around solid. The Bruins aren't in real need someone with Kanes skills, they have 4 lines that are contributing and a D that moves the puck well too. They are in tweek, not shake it up shape right now. M2C.

I think it’s too early to be thinking about a trade, we need to see what this team is made of when they play against the more elite teams. The next 2 weeks should show if they are for real or not.

Maybe last year but Jake has found his spark from 2 seasons ago as well as learned new tricks and Brandon is all around solid. The Bruins aren't in real need someone with Kanes skills, they have 4 lines that are contributing and a D that moves the puck well too. They are in tweek, not shake it up shape right now. M2C.
Carlo is one concussion away from his career being over. ive lost track how many he's had. He's constantly in and out of the line-up. That and the bruins have a ton of depth on the back end. And debrusk is playing better. Sell high. I'll take a 34 year Patrick cane whether the team needs his skills or not. He's still a stud. Trading carlo and debrusk is a tweek. It's far from a shake up. The only problem with this trade. Is fitting canes contract into the cap. That and Chicago actually doing it.

Last edited:
Back