Boston Bruins hockey

I love how they are playing. And im enjoying the hell out of it. But i don't want the team to win the president's trophy. That thing is a curse.

The Bruins make the Pats look like drunken shore leave sailors when it comes to contracts.

The Bruins make the Pats look like drunken shore leave sailors when it comes to contracts.
The bruins spend to the hard cap every year. That's a very old, outdated talking point that the bruins are cheap. It was true before the salary cap era began.

Last edited:
Just fucking sign #88 please, giv'em what he wants!! Saturdays game was one where I never felt that the Bruins were going to lose, told the wife that I thought they might even shut them out but i'll take a 5-1 win all day every day. Next up the VGK's and ex coach Bruce Cassidy, I have a feeling the boys will play with a little extra motivation tonight, if that's even possible.

If I had to choose a team to end the home streak. This is the team. Cassidy is one of the best. His record in Boston proves it.

Sweeney was smart enough to know that, and guaranteed him his contract for this season. But apparently stupid enough to do what Neely told him to do (fire Cassidy a week after telling him he was “safe).

It’s insane that ‘mature’ players whined about Cassidy behind his back. Any player (young or old) needs to know their place on a team — “Team” being the keyword. Complaining about wanting more ice time is all well and good. But a guy like DeBrusk, who obviously thinks he is special and has a right to piss & moan whenever he wants over ice time, may very well not be a “Team Player” when all is said and done.

Modern day players seemingly need to be taught (reminded?) they do not have superiority over a coach — that they must be first-and-foremost a Team Player.

Yes, we can argue until the ice melts about this situation, and similar situations in sports. However this is a fact:
If Harry Sinden was still with us, and DeBrusk whined to the press, he would have been gone that very evening; next morning at the latest.

Just fucking sign #88 please, giv'em what he wants!!
He's probably just betting on himself at this point and is going to play it out to keep driving his price up. I wouldn't blame him either. And is it just me or does he seem so much stronger this year, he's not getting knocked off the puck nearly as easily as previous seasons. I forget which game it was recently but he was driving, someone tried to rub him off and they bounced off of him. I don't remember that ever happening before. Not nearly as many turnovers at the blue line either, especially the last few weeks.

He's probably just betting on himself at this point and is going to play it out to keep driving his price up. I wouldn't blame him either. And is it just me or does he seem so much stronger this year, he's not getting knocked off the puck nearly as easily as previous seasons. I forget which game it was recently but he was driving, someone tried to rub him off and they bounced off of him. I don't remember that ever happening before. Not nearly as many turnovers at the blue line either, especially the last few weeks.
Agree with all of this but I will add one negative, he still tends to lose the puck at times while skating in the offensive zone, seen it happen quite a few times in the last couple of weeks. That said, I don't care, sign him.

Agree with all of this but I will add one negative, he still tends to lose the puck at times while skating in the offensive zone, seen it happen quite a few times in the last couple of weeks. That said, I don't care, sign him.
He does it on the power play all the time. But they need him signed bad. They don't have much in the pipeline.

Of course after I complimented him the very next game he commits probably his worst turnover of the season. Great job by the B's fighting back anyway, they just couldn't win the skills comp. I'll admit I'm a little happy for Cassidy, you could tell he really wanted it after they won. Now back to winning!

The best moment from last night's loss was play by play Jack Edwards describing noted gritty player Phil Kessel's play "Kessel with the hard hit in the corner which is the first time I've ever said that" That has to be the funniest line I've heard in years..

Of course after I complimented him the very next game he commits probably his worst turnover of the season. Great job by the B's fighting back anyway, they just couldn't win the skills comp. I'll admit I'm a little happy for Cassidy, you could tell he really wanted it after they won. Now back to winning!
I saw that too, it was pretty bad but he made up for it with that beautiful bullet from near the right face off circle so I forgive him for his mistake. They lost this game in OT when they had a 2 minute PP, way too much passing (theme of the night) and not enough shooting. Oh well, they got a point out of it so we're good. Now to beat Colorado again, this time on the road.

Tory Krug and Dougie Hamilton say hi
It's not my opinion. It's a fact. The bruins spend to the max allowed by the salary cap. Look it up. They are up against the cap. As we speak. If you have an issue with how they spend their money. That's a different.

Last edited:
I saw that too, it was pretty bad but he made up for it with that beautiful bullet from near the right face off circle so I forgive him for his mistake. They lost this game in OT when they had a 2 minute PP, way too much passing (theme of the night) and not enough shooting. Oh well, they got a point out of it so we're good. Now to beat Colorado again, this time on the road.
I'm not a traditionalist or anything but I dislike the 3v3. Sure it might open up scoring but the action itself is very boring, too few players on too big of ice. Just a lot of gliding around and resets and re-entries. 4v4 would be much better IMO.

Not exactly a devastating loss the other night, but after such a great comeback, NOT 1 F*CKIN PUCK IN THE NET IN 5 F*CKIN TRIES IN THE SHOOTOUT?!?!?!?!?! :banghead:

Back