Boston Bruins hockey

Anyone know why the NHL returned to regular season games yesterday (Monday) but the Bruins don’t play until Saturday ? Did I miss something?
23 games will take place before the Bruins play.

Anyone know why the NHL returned to regular season games yesterday (Monday) but the Bruins don’t play until Saturday ? Did I miss something?

I don't have a clue.

I also don't know why the Bruins don't play for a week.

I know. That's screwed up. Typical NHL. They have no idea how to run a league. Ratings are way down according to an article I read recently. That's what happens when you think people are going to pay extra for ESPN plus to watch hockey games. Giving ESPN broadcast rights was a mistake. I did notice the bruins will only be on ESPN plus. Exclusively for one game, the rest of the year. It was three more games. They change it. Maybe they are getting the hint. 3/9 vs the oilers is the ESPN plus game. NHL ratings are down in the U.S. and hockey fans viciously explained why What's behind the dramatic drop in NHL viewership?

I know. That's screwed up. Typical NHL. They have no idea how to run a league. Ratings are way down according to an article I read recently. That's what happens when you think people are going to pay extra for ESPN plus to watch hockey games. Giving ESPN broadcast rights was a mistake. I did notice the bruins will only be on ESPN plus. Exclusively for one game, the rest of the year. It was three more games. They change it. Maybe they are getting the hint. 3/9 vs the oilers is the ESPN plus game. NHL ratings are down in the U.S. and hockey fans viciously explained why What's behind the dramatic drop in NHL viewership?
Go woke, go broke.

It's ridiculous, really, and just unfathomable they didn't follow their formula before, when they had the rights previously, and it was right there with baseball as the 2nd most popular sport in the country.

Putting it behind a paywall is insane. It may not get NBA ratings right away, but their presentation was great, and eventually it might be back up there, you know, if people could ever see it.

When people see hockey, they love hockey.

The NHL scheduling is just so dumbfounding, no rhyme or reason to it at all. Bruins played 5 road games in 9 days then get 9 straight days off before resuming the season.

The "bye week" would normally worry me but it's a veteran team so they'll know what to do to keep themselves sharp, plus it kind of felt like they needed it. Ending on a strong note against Toronto really helps too, otherwise the time off would feel a lot longer.

Last edited:
Daughter treated me to the Pens-Ducks game the other night, It was a blast.

Havng to play the Kings the next night, with them coming off 11 day reat,,, i wish i was a bettor.

ya I know, not Bruins related

Anyway heres a pic, i don't think it's me but I was doing same thing.

Attachments

• 36EA5537-1308-4E11-9A8C-2C53026D9974.jpeg
    36EA5537-1308-4E11-9A8C-2C53026D9974.jpeg
    999 KB · Views: 5

I always had nick names for my players. It was fun for me to try to come up with names that were accurate and would motivate them. My son Ethan was a big defensemen that often rushed the puck so he was "E-Train". In bantams I had a smaller winger that was amazing with the puck and was a great skater. I called him Nifty for the couple of years I had him. He loved it. I told his dad it was because he reminded me of Rick Middleton and expected the dad to tell him. He didn't. Years later walking through the lobby of a rink this kid approached me (one of the great joys of coaching has turned out to be my players coming over to say hi as young men) to say hi and shoot the shit a little. He said he had only recently learned who Nifty was and then he put 2+2 together. Coach Jim was from the Boston area. He had googled Middleton. That was a fun conversation.

Back