Boston Bruins hockey

Looks like the Bruins got bitten by the President's Cup bug. With the Bruins, I'm that one kid you had in every neighborhood that doesn't root for the home team...but I've watched the Caps pull that same happy horseshit more than once so I know what it feels like...and obviously there's THAT WHICH WILL NOT BE SPOKEN OF so I get it. Sucks for Bruins fans.

The Bruins lack of wanting it more than Florida reared it's ugly head in overtime, I knew as soon as it started that it was only a matter of time before Florida put it in the back of the net. It's going to take a few days to get over this one.

I hope they can get Bertuzzi and Orlov signed for the long haul, Bert was a monster in front of the net and Orlov is an excellent playmaking defenseman. I'd be shocked if Bergeron and Krecji don't retire.

I don't think Bobrovsky did anything special when he was in net, I mean that rebound he kicked out and put right on Pasta's stick was a thing of beauty.

I don't think Bobrovsky did anything special when he was in net, I mean that rebound he kicked out and put right on Pasta's stick was a thing of beauty.
I remember when St. Louis switched goalies in the Cup finals. I thought the B's were golden. Thought the same thing when Bobrovsky came in this series.

They got outplayed throughout the series.

It sucks, maybe not 18-1 sucks, but it sucks.
Up 3-1 in games, before game 5 Fla switched goalies and we got Bergy back. Maybe they never recovered from the game 5 OT loss. I'm just surprised they were that tight for the last 2 games. It's going to take a while to figure this mess out.

Also heard Bergy has herniated disks in his lower back suffered the last game of the year in Montreal. He wanted to play in front of family for maybe the last time. Sucks he got hurt and was nowhere near 100% for the Panthers. OTOH Krejci came to play last night with what 2 points? 3?

The Bruins lack of wanting it more than Florida reared it's ugly head in overtime, I knew as soon as it started that it was only a matter of time before Florida put it in the back of the net. It's going to take a few days to get over this one.

I hope they can get Bertuzzi and Orlov signed for the long haul, Bert was a monster in front of the net and Orlov is an excellent playmaking defenseman. I'd be shocked if Bergeron and Krecji don't retire.
They need more players like bert. There was no fear in his game.

Yeah...felt the same way about the Caps trading him as I did about the Sox trading Vasquez last summer...

They need more players like bert. There was no fear in his game.
Agree 100%, can't figure out why Charlie Coyle doesn't play in front of the net more, he plays a tough brand of hockey and his puck possession skills are incredible.

Maybe we need a separate NHL playoffs thread but I will put this here: watching leafs v panthers game 1 and lots of solid hits and as I type this Panthers up 4-2 doing familiar looking things to,the leafs
not sure who to root for here… it would mean more to the city of Toronto then to the entire state of Florida…I recall when Carolina won the cup I checked out the local newspapers and it was a minor story to them. Toronto/Canada would party all summer
love playoff hockey so will be watching and happy to talk about it
go Kraken!!1! :cool:

Maybe we need a separate NHL playoffs thread but I will put this here: watching leafs v panthers game 1 and lots of solid hits and as I type this Panthers up 4-2 doing familiar looking things to,the leafs
not sure who to root for here… it would mean more to the city of Toronto then to the entire state of Florida…I recall when Carolina won the cup I checked out the local newspapers and it was a minor story to them. Toronto/Canada would party all summer
love playoff hockey so will be watching and happy to talk about it
go Kraken!!1! :cool:
I want Toronto to lose lose lose. They take great joy in hating Boston in everything. Go panthers. I hope the panthers lose in the conference finals. I hope Bruce Cassidy wins a cup with the knights.

I swear to Christ, I'd better not see any kind of "16-0" banner hung in the Garden next year.

Last edited:
I'll start an NHL Playoffs thread later so we don't have to be reminded of the B's using this one... at work right now. (and Kraken up 1-0 with OT win!)

After the Bruins lost I swore there was no way I could root for Florida but I will as long as they are playing the Laffs, watching them lose in the 2nd round will ease some of the pain of the Bruins being eliminated in the 1st round.

Will probably root for Vegas since Bruins ex coach Bruce Cassidy is coaching there plus I'd prefer to see Edmonton get eliminated along with the Laffs.

I want Toronto to lose lose lose. They take great joy in hating Boston in everything. Go panthers. I hope the panthers lose in the conference finals. I hope Bruce Cassidy wins a cup with the knights.
I'm a Devils fan for the rest of the playoffs. Of course, that might not be for much longer.

lets-get-it-on-seinfeld.gif

Back