Boston Bruins hockey

Feel like I have been watching the same thing with B's playoff hockey forever.... they have golden chances and can't put it in, then the other team comes down and scores one.
🤦

Feel like I have been watching the same thing with B's playoff hockey forever.... they have golden chances and can't put it in, then the other team comes down and scores one.
🤦
And it's against the canes third string goalie. :mad:

And it's against the canes third string goalie. :mad:
The B's lack in the ability to finish. And I'm afraid they are over-matched against this year's Carolina team. Carolina has completely owned them in the few meetings they had this year. This was the most competitive game they have had against them this season and it still ended ugly.

Cassidy alluded to it in his post game presser....they can't fall behind against this team or they are done. What is worse is the fact that Carolina is running Bruins players in every corner. Sure the Bruins have a few players capable of playing physical but tonight not only did the B's get beat, they got beat up. Looking at the box score, the Bruins D-men were credited with 6 hits tonight. All by McAvoy and Clifton. How is it that guys the size of Carlo and Forbort put up a goose egg in the hits department? It's unacceptable in playoff hockey.

About the only positive I took away from what I saw tonight was the amount of shots the B's blocked tonight. But really all that did was lead to the disparity in shots making it look like the B's had the upper hand in the game. Sure, they did control play at times but back to my original point, they can't finish.

I hope I am wrong but a sweep would not shock me.

They played well in the first, but you can't keep hitting the goalie in the crest with no traffic in front of the net. He was ready to piss down his leg, but the Bruins per usual couldn't take advantage.

First line was hot garbage. That was not playoff caliber physicality last night. Other than Charlie nobody on this team brings it..

When Carolina scored that first goal then had the Bruins hemmed in their own end you could just feel the momentum picking up for the Canes and they eventually scored another goal. I'll give them credit, they did pretty much own most of the first period but without getting the puck past Raanta, who had that deer in the headlight look and wasn't controlling shots, it was all in vain. If they can rally and get a win on Wednesday then that shifts the momentum onto their ice but if they lose game 2, it's basically a done deal. This team needs some heavy hitters that can forecheck with some authority, with his size and strength I don't understand why Carlo doesn't play a more physical game.

The Canes have a rare combination of speed and physicality that they have imposed on the B's all season. A 16 to 1 goal advantage in 3 wins was only reinforced in game one. The medusa like forecheck has been maddening, especially when they send 8 guys down deep. Can someone please punch Aho in the face already? The Bruins beat it early with quick outlets down the boards and would catch 3 canes down deep but didn't capitalize on the chances. Halls goal was a hockey gift. The shot was so weak it almost arc'd in the net. And maybe on the PP if you get stuffed at the line 17 times maybe just flip it over the defensive wall and chase it in for a change of pace. The B's came out and were the more aggressive team in the first. They can hit with the Canes but will need to do it all game, those guys just don't quit. A Coach Brind' Amour philosophy embraced by the whole team I guess. A Shawn Thornton would be nice about now for no other reason than to slow the bastards down for a minute. Hoping for a turn around tonight, maybe a lucky bounce or 2 early to slow down the Cane forecheck and create some breathing space.

Game 2.... bruins are "quantity" not "quality" (or so it feels) in the offensive zone (at least on that early power play) but more hitting the goalie in the chest.

Wash rinse repeat. it's the same old story with the bruins.

Assuming this series keeps going the way it's going I'd be kind of surprised if Cassidy doesn't get fired. And get ready for a long ride of suck from the Bruins, a combination of age, bad contracts, and a thin farm system. Sweeney should go too but I highly doubt he gets canned.

Bruins need to take someone out after that hit to Lindholm...if this doesn't wake them up nothing will

Assuming this series keeps going the way it's going I'd be kind of surprised if Cassidy doesn't get fired. And get ready for a long ride of suck from the Bruins, a combination of age, bad contracts, and a thin farm system. Sweeney should go too but I highly doubt he gets canned.
Sweeney needs to go before anybody else. His contract is up at the end of the season. Bring in a new gm. and hire Joel Quenneville.

Pretty uninspiring play all around.
Ah well, Go Celtics
Yeah it's kind of sad really, I didn't want to see the Bruins go out with a whimper in possibly Bergy's last year. I shutter to think what Marchand is going to be like without his guiding angel playing next to him somewhat keeping him in check. There's no true leader on this team with Bergy gone, I'm tempted to say just blow it all up and rebuild. In saying that, this is the NHL, no series lead is too big to overcome but it looks really bad.

If ever there was a must win game it's this one. They've got home ice so matchups are on their side, they need to respond with the physicality and force that Bruins teams are none too and they will be fine. Lose this one and it's over.

If ever there was a must win game it's this one. They've got home ice so matchups are on their side, they need to respond with the physicality and force that Bruins teams are none too and they will be fine. Lose this one and it's over.
The question is who beside McAvoy is going to bring that physicality? The bigger guys they have aren't physical, and the physical guys they have aren't big enough.

Back