Boston Bruins hockey

Not exactly a devastating loss the other night, but after such a great comeback, NOT 1 F*CKIN PUCK IN THE NET IN 5 F*CKIN TRIES IN THE SHOOTOUT?!?!?!?!?! :banghead:
Maybe someone that plays hockey can explain it to me, but it seems in the heat of a game a breakaway by a high skilled scorer and puck handler is almost automatic. In a shootout however, you can take one of the best players the NHL has ever seen in say McDavid, and he has like a 20% scoring percentage. Sydney Crosby, elite puck handler, <15%.

Last edited:
Winter classic. Jan 2, Little brother going. Comped box seats.
He'll be wearing Pens colors.

Both teams 8-1-1 thru last 10,

Let's keep that going.

PS. Beat LVK in that run.

Bruins were basically playing against an AHL team last night save for a few players, once they scored the first goal you pretty much knew it was over. On to Arizona.

B’s struggling against one of the worst teams in the league, tried to stream the game on my phone but could only get the Arizona broadcast which is god awful and full of homerism. Coyotes getting some homecoming from the refs isn’t helping either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B’s struggling against one of the worst teams in the league, tried to stream the game on my phone but could only get the Arizona broadcast which is god awful and full of homerism. Coyotes getting some homecoming from the refs isn’t helping either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bruins had a tone of quality scoring chances. They just could not find the back of the net as much as they should have. And why did the ref wave off icing? According to Andy brickley. The ref shouldn't have. That's a tough way to lose with just 13 seconds left in the game. On to Vegas.

The bruins had a tone of quality scoring chances. They just could not find the back of the net as much as they should have. And why did the ref wave off icing? According to Andy brickley. The ref shouldn't have. That's a tough way to lose with just 13 seconds left in the game. On to Vegas.
Agree 100% but when I played I was always told to play until the whistle blows which It did not, Sway should have just covered it up and play out the remaining 13.5 seconds. Anyways, a real nice win against Vegas yesterday and on to the Islanders.

Agree 100% but when I played I was always told to play until the whistle blows which It did not, Sway should have just covered it up and play out the remaining 13.5 seconds. Anyways, a real nice win against Vegas yesterday and on to the Islanders.
I hope they learned their lesson on that one. I'm starting to think pasta is going to hit free agency. Sweeney can't trade him now. They are a serious cup contender. Imagine losing him. And getting nothing in return.

Last edited:
I hope they learned their lesson on that one. I'm starting to think pasta is going to hit free agency. Sweeney can't trade him now. They are a serious cup contender. Imagine losing him. And getting nothing in return.
I'm pretty confident that they will sign him or trade him to a team in their division, If Sweeney doesn't sign Pasta to a LTC he should be fired.

I'm pretty confident that they will sign him or trade him to a team in their division, If Sweeney doesn't sign Pasta to a LTC he should be fired.
I don't think he will be to blame if Pasta leaves. I mean if the rumors are true then what Sweeney offered so far was no joke. How much can you overpay until it hurts your ability to be competitive? Look what happened with Gaudreau, great hockey town, he said he wanted to stay in Calgary, they offer him a huge contract, but decides to go to FA and even takes less money/years to play for the BJ's of all teams. I'm getting the feeling Pasta wants to go to FA no matter what, and hopefully will at least give the B's the chance to match any offers. It's a hard cap league though, there's only so much you can do.

Sweeney has had horrible drafts obviously, but his instincts with signings/trades have actually been good. A couple of exceptions of course but everyone has those.

Sweeney can't trade him now. There is zero chance that happens. The locker room would explode. The players would be crushed. You can't try to win a cup. And then trade away one of your best players. That ship has sailed. Its sign him. Or lose him and get nothing in return. im praying they sign him. But the closer he gets to free agency. The chances increase. He goes to market to see what he's worth.

Maybe someone that plays hockey can explain it to me, but it seems in the heat of a game a breakaway by a high skilled scorer and puck handler is almost automatic. In a shootout however, you can take one of the best players the NHL has ever seen in say McDavid, and he has like a 20% scoring percentage. Sydney Crosby, elite puck handler, <15%.

Game break away = almost ZERO thinking.

Shoot out = WAAAAAAYYY too much thinking.

Game break away = almost ZERO thinking.

Shoot out = WAAAAAAYYY too much thinking.
So it's purely psychological, I can buy that. Like with an NFL kicker that can be automatic at kicking FG's under 40, but becomes a head case with extra points.

I don't think he will be to blame if Pasta leaves. I mean if the rumors are true then what Sweeney offered so far was no joke. How much can you overpay until it hurts your ability to be competitive? Look what happened with Gaudreau, great hockey town, he said he wanted to stay in Calgary, they offer him a huge contract, but decides to go to FA and even takes less money/years to play for the BJ's of all teams. I'm getting the feeling Pasta wants to go to FA no matter what, and hopefully will at least give the B's the chance to match any offers. It's a hard cap league though, there's only so much you can do.

Sweeney has had horrible drafts obviously, but his instincts with signings/trades have actually been good. A couple of exceptions of course but everyone has those.
I guarantee you he will be to blame if they lose Pasta, especially by the fan base.

Sweeney can't trade him now. There is zero chance that happens. The locker room would explode. The players would be crushed. You can't try to win a cup. And then trade away one of your best players. That ship has sailed. Its sign him. Or lose him and get nothing in return. im praying they sign him. But the closer he gets to free agency. The chances increase. He goes to market to see what he's worth.
That was bad wording on my part, I meant if they can't match the offer of a rival team in their division and he signs with them. No way they were trading him, wtf was I thinking. :insane:

That was bad wording on my part, I meant if they can't match the offer of a rival team in their division and he signs with them. :insane:
I don't think it works that way. Does it? Pasta is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. I don't think the bruins can match another team's offer.

I don't think it works that way. Does it? Pasta is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. I don't think the bruins can match another team's offer.
No clue about how all that works, they just need to sign him and be done with it.

I guarantee you he will be to blame if they lose Pasta, especially by the fan base.
I think the fan base is smarter than that. If Pasta pulls a Gaudreau I and many others would tell him to go F himself. If Sweeney tries to lowball Pasta and loses him then yeah 100% Sweeney should get the axe.

I think the fan base is smarter than that. If Pasta pulls a Gaudreau I and many others would tell him to go F himself. If Sweeney tries to lowball Pasta and loses him then yeah 100% Sweeney should get the axe.
Pasta is a much better player than Gaudreau but yeah, if he wants a contract like what Bogarts just signed then let someone else pay him.

This team must be on record pace for taking penalties. They can't stay out of the sin bin.

Back