Boy Scouts Sex Abuse Scandal

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
Is anyone surprised by this? We knew this, right?

I mean, I admire BSA, I have a bunch of BSA gear, I know a lot of Boy Scouts, and I love the organization, it;s history, and what it stands for. BUT...it is what is referred to in the pedophile community as a "candy shop job". Predators are attracted to jobs like that.

That's not to say any of the leadership who knew should be excused. If it were up to me, they would all do time in a maximum security prison, wearing their Boy Scout Uniforms with those cute little shorts and socks, and their "Child Rapist" Merit Badges. Not too long a sentence...I think 30 days should be enough.

OP
Grandmaster B

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
Yeah, I dunno. I've mentored kids with cancer for four years. It's super easy to be around a lot of kids and not rape them.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Yeah, I dunno. I've mentored kids with cancer for four years. It's super easy to be around a lot of kids and not rape them.

My ex-wife, for a good long time was a federal agent. She dealt with many sex abuse cases.

My biggest take away from her is my understanding that there are different types of sexual abuse, on children especially. Maybe Dee can comment on this as its her specialty of sorts.

Oe type is situational where the offender just does something fucked up but not a lifelong pedophile, as awful as it is.

The other is preferential, meaning they favor children sexually.

The preferential types tend to be pillars of their communities, highly respected an0d highly organized and trusted.

They seek out positions to be with children who trust them such as the Scouts or a
Church youth group leader, coach or other things.

OP
Grandmaster B

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
My ex-wife, for a good long time was a federal agent. She dealt with many sex abuse cases.

My biggest take away from her is my understanding that there are different types of sexual abuse, on children especially. Maybe Dee can comment on this as its her specialty of sorts.

Oe type is situational where the offender just does something fucked up but not a lifelong pedophile, as awful as it is.

The other is preferential, meaning they favor children sexually.

The preferential types tend to be pillars of their communities, highly respected an0d highly organized and trusted.

They seek out positions to be with children who trust them such as the Scouts or a
Church youth group leader, coach or other things.
Oh, I know. Most abuse happens from people they know, people who have this kind of close access.

I think two things likely contribute to making this especially bad. 1. No or poor background checks. 2. Most of these organizations have done their damnest to sweep these things under the table.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score

Ok, let me dumb it down a little bit....

People who like to rape children, look for jobs that allow them to rape children....church, Boy Scouts, coaching, etc. Those are the candy shop jobs.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
elementary school teacher, priest, international pop star...

OP
Grandmaster B

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
Ok, let me dumb it down a little bit....

People who like to rape children, look for jobs that allow them to rape children....church, Boy Scouts, coaching, etc. Those are the candy shop jobs.
And if anyone is looking for jobs for that reason, a big reason would be the absolute safe haven these organizations have created for them by doing everything in their power to cover them up.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
And if anyone is looking for jobs for that reason, a big reason would be the absolute safe haven these organizations have created for them by doing everything in their power to cover them up.

Precisely, I couldn't agree more.

But, there is a difference between, for example, what the BSA stands for, or what the church stands for, and the corrupt regime running the show. Harvey Weinstein should be burned alive, but that doesn't mean every actress that ever worked for him should be burned alive.