Brady after the game

HomelessJoe

Unknown User
Reaction score
I didnt watch postgame (ugh) but from what I've heard he didn't congratulate anyone and just left the field immediately? Does this annoy anyone else?

I didn't watch post game either but I hope he didn't do that.

I did see our newly touchy feely coach give Dungy a hug, however.

RavenB on 01-21-2007 at 11:51 PM said:

Brady and many other Pats shook PM's hand and congratulated him, according to Manning himelf; ...

I'm pretty sure he was out there... shook a few hands and left. Nothing wrong with that.

I saw that too, and was glad to see it. Good rivalry over the years, and I'm very happy to have two African American head coaches in the Super Bowl who are both very classy guys.

Didn't see Brady at all after the game.

All I noticed was the dollar signs on Asante Samuel's next contract go UP UP UP :(

Maybe Tom Brady just wanted to let Peyton have his time to be "in the sun" and was being a gentleman in not wanting to hog the spotlight?? TB is a class act that way.

Anyone else think Manning will call Brady at some point in the next week to ask any advice. It seems the two are somewhat friend like from all the calls going back and forth that you hear about.

Granted I'm getting this "information" by trolling other boards so it's obviously skewed against the Pats, but this wouldnt be the first time he's done something like this and I'm getting sick of it. It's just a little handshake but it means so much as far as good sportsmanship

HomelessJoe on 01-22-2007 at 12:00 AM said:
Granted I'm getting this "information" by trolling other boards so it's obviously skewed against the Pats, but this wouldnt be the first time he's done something like this and I'm getting sick of it. It's just a little handshake but it means so much as far as good sportsmanship
Step away from the Jets boards...

Moebius on 01-21-2007 at 10:00 PM said:
Anyone else think Manning will call Brady at some point in the next week to ask any advice. It seems the two are somewhat friend like from all the calls going back and forth that you hear about.

Yes, I think they will talk. And the best way for the Colts to win is to rattle Grossman. No better mentor for "rattling" than Tom Brady. He will give Peyton a lot of his confidence. He is just that way.

I did hear that they spoke after the games last week and were chuckling about how the "matchup" was destined to be from the beginning of the season.

I thought I saw Brady after the game out there, I'm sure Brady said his congratulations.

meh, i should never trust steelers/jets boards anyway

HomelessJoe on 01-21-2007 at 11:49 PM said:
I didnt watch postgame (ugh) but from what I've heard he didn't congratulate anyone and just left the field immediately? Does this annoy anyone else?
Homeless........

how do you know if Brady met with Manning inside the stadium to have a more private time conversation instead of trying to negotiate the media crush at mid-field just to give Network TV a "moment"

for all we know they met on the field and CBS was too busy looking for BB to cold-cock Tony Dungy or something and missed a PM/TB money shot

relax

HomelessJoe on 01-21-2007 at 11:18 PM said:
meh, i should never trust steelers/jets boards anyway

Exactly Joe. Tom ran out, shook a few hands and took his disappointed ass into the locker room. Where he'll promptly shower, freshen up and go get some lovin' from Gisele Bunchden who will surely help soothe his hurt feelings. I wish I had Brady's problems, I tell ya.....

RavenB on 01-21-2007 at 11:51 PM said:

BB did give Dungy a hug, but did you see what happened when Manning got there?

Manning had worked his way all the way across the field, getting to where Dungy and BB were. Just as Dungy and BB broke off their little lovefest, BB came right at Manning. When Manning extended his hand, BB just looked disgusted and tried to get by him. Manning managed to pat the sour-faced, squirming-to-escape Belichick on the stomach as he passed so as not to make it look completely embarrassing. I re-watched the sequence 3 times. BB is definitely not one for pageantry. It probably kills him to have to shake anyone’s hand after a loss.

…And Brady did not hang around at all. One of the very first scenes after the camera cut from the field was of Brady racing towards the tunnel.

I do have to say that not all Patriots followed the example of Brady and BB. In particular, I remember seeing Tedi Bruschi out there congratulating Manning and many of the Colts.

From what I've heard Tom and Peyton are good friends. They even get together in the offseason. Don't know if its really true or not. Wouldn't surprise me though...

Brady is really a classy guy though so I suspect that he was out there with the others. Some people are just haters...and will make anything up/jump to conclusions just to trash a guy that they don't like. (usually cause he's better than they are.)

Great game y'all and I know how you feel ending the season one game too soon. I've been there...several times...recently.

Here's to hoping we can win it all this year and to meeting y'all in the playoffs again next year! (yeah I know we meet in the reg. season...but it's the playoffs that really count.)

Preechr on 01-22-2007 at 12:42 AM said:
BB did give Dungy a hug, but did you see what happened when Manning got there?

You know what I find amazing? That you watched it 3 times!

If Manning said in his post game he got his congrats, then he got his congrats.

RavenB on 01-22-2007 at 12:47 AM said:
You know what I find amazing? That you watched it 3 times!
I missed it the first time, and Mrs. Preechr said “did you see that?” We have a DVR, so rewinding it isn’t that big of a deal. For the record, Mrs. Preechr was rooting for the Pats. She doesn’t like Manning at all.

Back