Brady and Belichick are no longer elite.

Did anyone see Gronk level the murderer last night? The look on the Stabbers face was awesome..ROFL

He power slammed ray ray to the ground with extreme prejudice, if someone can dig up that play and post the vid that would be great. I kept rewinding it laughing my ass off, in between the yelling in fits of rage that is...

He power slammed ray ray to the ground with extreme prejudice, if someone can dig up that play and post the vid that would be great. I kept rewinding it laughing my ass off, in between the yelling in fits of rage that is...
^ this ROFL

Back then we won because of both.

Not sure we can say the same with this current defense. Can you?

How'd that defense do in '02?

With the exception of Harrison, everyone I mentioned was on that team.

I'm not ready to toss this team under the bus after three games.

Before this season started, there were a lot of people who penciled in this game against Baltimore as a potential/likely loss.

After the way Arizona played yesterday, they showed they are playing very good ball right now. As such, I'm not so sure that that our loss was such a fluke.

How many people thought it was a silly loss when they lost to SF in the first four weeks last season?

I'm not saying that Arizona is this year's SF and will be in the NFCCG, but teams can make dramatic improvements over one off season, especially early in the season (Buffalo anyone?)

I have faith that the defense will be better this year than last years. Of course, that's a pretty low bar, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

I have faith that the offense will be fine.

The OL is in a state of flux, but I trust Scar to coach them up and get them to play at a high level like he normally does.

If you look at the offense, consider the changes.

Two new OL
New RB
New WR
New TE's (magnified due to Hernandez injury)
New/old OC

And you're all "Sky am Falling", because they are not immediately the second coming of '07?

:shake:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIQPkCR4E6k?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIQPkCR4E6k?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

This team WILL get better...I am 100% positive of that. This isn't the 09 Pats. This team is finding its way due to youth, and mostly screwing up due to youth/newness to team..not ineptitude and being bad teammates.

They could have won (or shall I say should have won) both games. I would be concerned if they didn't have any chance at all to win those games. 14-2 is still doable.

Both of these. We're talking about the youngest team BB has coached and considering all that and the refs calling different things in different games. I've always felt 13 and 3 or 12and 4. Doesn't mean anything during the regular season it's when you peak:shrug:

~Dee~

:shake:

<object height="315" width="420">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fIQPkCR4E6k?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="315" width="420"></object>
oddball rep

How in the hell is Tom not elite? The guy just went to a freaking SB and broke a passing record last season with garbage at WR outside of Welker. Tom has been getting it done with different sets of WR's for years.

I'd say the biggest problem is BB's stubbornness. The guy refuses to improve this team with quality free agents. The one season he did they almost had a perfect season, yet he has never went all out like that in an off season before. He refuses to upgrade the running game, and I just don't understand it. There have been a lot of guys over the years that could really make this running game a lot better, and BB won't bring in the right talent to do it. He is always trying to make some nobody the next big thing. He has done well with that at certain positions, but god almighty bring in some talent at RB. He also refuses to get some quality free agents or make some big trades to improve this defense with veteran players who are proven.

Tom Brady is still as elite as ever. BB might not be as a coach, but there is nothing to suggest that he isn't either. Way to early to tell.

How in the hell is Tom not elite? The guy just went to a freaking SB and broke a passing record last season with garbage at WR outside of Welker. Tom has been getting it done with different sets of WR's for years.

I'd say the biggest problem is BB's stubbornness. The guy refuses to improve this team with quality free agents. The one season he did they almost had a perfect season, yet he has never went all out like that in an off season before. He refuses to upgrade the running game, and I just don't understand it. There have been a lot of guys over the years that could really make this running game a lot better, and BB won't bring in the right talent to do it. He is always trying to make some nobody the next big thing. He has done well with that at certain positions, but god almighty bring in some talent at RB. He also refuses to get some quality free agents or make some big trades to improve this defense with veteran players who are proven.

Tom Brady is still as elite as ever. BB might not be as a coach, but there is nothing to suggest that he isn't either. Way to early to tell.

This is not me...:Lwelcome:

Thanks. I'm a Texas resident that loves the Pats as my 2nd team after the Texans. Look forward to talking more about the Pats.

Oh Texans fan? Well they are doing damn well right now, in the inconsistent NFL right now they look the most consistent.

Thanks. I'm a Texas resident that loves the Pats as my 2nd team after the Texans. Look forward to talking more about the Pats.

:Lwelcome:

The Texans look scary this year. One game I think most of us are very concerned about.

Oh Texans fan? Well they are doing damn well right now, in the inconsistent NFL right now they look the most consistent.

Yeah, it's about damn time. :)

We've suffered through some really bad years sort of like you guys did in the 80's and 90's.

Finally we've got a team that seems dominant.

If only I could see one more Patriots SB win for Brady though. That would be really nice.

I have been a member of Patsfans.com for a year or so, and I really don't like that board. I decided to find another Patriots board that didn't stall so much and had friendlier posters that wanted good discussions. Half the time I criticized things about the team when I first joined I was called a "Jets troll." Lol!! Any way, thanks for the welcome man.

:Lwelcome:

The Texans look scary this year. One game I think most of us are very concerned about.

That game will be really hard to watch for me. I just hope that Brady comes out of that game okay, because our pass rush is so dominant right now especially with Watt. Starting to worry about Brady's health with the lack of protection. The Texans are one of those teams that I think the Pats will struggle with due to how they are built. Hope both teams do well either way though. :toast:

Yeah, it's about damn time. :)

We've suffered through some really bad years sort of like you guys did in the 80's and 90's.

Finally we've got a team that seems dominant.

If only I could see one more Patriots SB win for Brady though. That would be really nice.

I have been a member of Patsfans.com for a year or so, and I really don't like that board. I decided to find another Patriots board that didn't stall so much and had friendlier posters that wanted good discussions. Half the time I criticized things about the team when I first joined I was called a "Jets troll." Lol!! Any way, thanks for the welcome man.

I visit Patsfans quite frequently, I RARELY post there tho. I like it here much better, kinda a tight knit community here. Much better IMO.

That game will be really hard to watch for me. I just hope that Brady comes out of that game okay, because our pass rush is so dominant right now especially with Watt. Starting to worry about Brady's health with the lack of protection. The Texans are one of those teams that I think the Pats will struggle with due to how they are built. Hope both teams do well either way though. :toast:

I'm a Bucs fanish also lol (local team my lil bro who was born here loves them so I show my support), so lucky for me I rarley run into a dillemma. The Pats are my Fav tho, if they play the Bucs Im still rooting like hell for the Pats as I'm sure you will be for your Texans. It will be worse for ya if we meet the Texans in the play offs which is probabal if the Pats get there ish together.

I visit Patsfans quite frequently, I RARELY post there tho. I like it here much better, kinda a tight knit community here. Much better IMO.

That is more of what I am looking for. A tight knit community that governs itself well. A board with no moderation at all usually suffers in my opinion. Over moderating can make it bad to as well though. It is hard to get a strong balance.

I got cursed and insulted pretty bad for unapologetically criticizing Chad Johnson early on last season and criticizing BB for making the mistake of bringing him over there. To me, that was one of the worst mistakes of BB's tenure considering how bad the Pats needed help at wideout and him thinking CJ was the guy to be that deep threat. I just didn't get it from the jump. Guys over at Pats fans treated anyone who was outspoken about it pretty cold. Not all of them, but there were a lot of folks who didn't want to hear any type of constructive criticism.

Been a Pats fan since Hannah and Grogs.
No way. If you go over the edge because the Pats lost a one-point game against the Ravens in Baltimore, there is no way you could have been a fan in the 90's. My guess is you were a fan starting after the first superbowl, and stopped after 2007.

There are so many friggin bandwagon fans who go beserk every time the Pats don't go 16-0, it would be worth a losing season just to get rid of them.

Teams lose games. Every year, every team. Sometimes they lost to teams they were supposed to beat. Get over it.

Over moderating can make it bad to as well though.
Especially when one of their moderators has an ego, a hair temper, and little tolerance for anything he doesn't like. Not the best qualities for a mod, but there are still a lot of good posters over there.

No way. If you go over the edge because the Pats lost a one-point game against the Ravens in Baltimore, there is no way you could have been a fan in the 90's. My guess is you were a fan starting after the first superbowl, and stopped after 2007.

There are so many friggin bandwagon fans who go beserk every time the Pats don't go 16-0, it would be worth a losing season just to get rid of them.

Teams lose games. Every year, every team. Sometimes they lost to teams they were supposed to beat. Get over it.
Good thing you don't earn a living do analysis work.

I'm not going berserk because the Pats lost. I'm simply stating my opinion that, of late, when it comes to the big game, against an elite opponent, neither Brady nor BB have performed as elite.

Good thing you don't earn a living do analysis work.

I'm not going berserk because the Pats lost. I'm simply stating my opinion that, of late, when it comes to the big game, against an elite opponent, neither Brady nor BB have performed as elite.

I am not sure you know what Elite is....Elite does not always mean winning the superbowl....because guess what...nobody has won has much as these two people you are calling not elite...AS of now, those two are the only reason this is not a 8-8 rebuilding team like most teams are after they rebuild their entire defense. So not sure you know what elite is. So who is elite?

Back