Brady and Belichick are no longer elite.

I am not sure you know what Elite is....Elite does not always mean winning the superbowl....because guess what...nobody has won has much as these two people you are calling not elite...AS of now, those two are the only reason this is not a 8-8 rebuilding team like most teams are after they rebuild their entire defense. So not sure you know what elite is. So who is elite?
Not talking about winning a SB. I'm talking about beating an elite team, in a big game. When BB and Brady were elite they used to do this all of the time.

Not talking about winning a SB. I'm talking about beating an elite team, in a big game. When BB and Brady were elite they used to do this all of the time.

All the time? Like 2002? 2005? 2009? Like then? The pats were 13-3 last year and went to the superbowl and lost on a last second drive, did this start then, because they had to win some big games to get to a superbowl...is Rodgers and Macarthy noth elite anymore because they are 1-2 now? Or does this only apply to BB and Brady? Do you think the other 10 coaches and the other 52 players have a say?

All the time? Like 2002? 2005? 2009? Like then? The pats were 13-3 last year and went to the superbowl and lost on a last second drive, did this start then, because they had to win some big games to get to a superbowl...is Rodgers and Macarthy noth elite anymore because they are 1-2 now? Or does this only apply to BB and Brady? Do you think the other 10 coaches and the other 52 players have a say?
Brady, the QB and BB the defensive mastermind, have struggled of late when going up against elite teams in big games.

Is this not true?

Brady, the QB and BB the defensive mastermind, have struggled of late when going up against elite teams in big games.

Is this not true?
Itihnk BB wanted this offense when he took Graham and Watson but Watson wasn't who he thought he was and Graham wanted to go home. the thing is BB forgot to pick up some vets the past few years to help out on D while he rebuilt it...they need Reed to come here next off season to teach teh DB's swagger that is needed to play the position.

Is this not true?

They went to the superbowl last year....Montana did not win a superbowl in 10 years out of 14, Marino never won one, Elway did not win a superbowl in 14 out of 16 years....what do you consider a big game? When the pats start going 5-11 and missing the playoffs, then we can talk. But there are also a whole bunch of players out there that affect games for you to say this one player and this one coach does not win big games anymore....a whole lot of big games are being won, the pats are one of the most successful franchises playing right now....we just went like 130 games without having a freaking losing record at any point....if you are going to call them out, then I hope you have a replacement to fill what they are doing, because as I said before, last year without them, this is not a playoff team let alone a superbowl team.

They went to the superbowl last year....Montana did not win a superbowl in 10 years out of 14, Marino never won one, Elway did not win a superbowl in 14 out of 16 years....what do you consider a big game? When the pats start going 5-11 and missing the playoffs, then we can talk. But there are also a whole bunch of players out there that affect games for you to say this one player and this one coach does not win big games anymore....a whole lot of big games are being won, the pats are one of the most successful franchises playing right now....we just went like 130 games without having a freaking losing record at any point....if you are going to call them out, then I hope you have a replacement to fill what they are doing, because as I said before, last year without them, this is not a playoff team let alone a superbowl team.
I'm not looking to replace them. I'm simply stating that, of late, neither of them have been performing at an elite level when going up against elite teams, in big games. Thus, I don't consider them to be elite at the moment. Good, very good in the case of Brady, but not elite.

I'm not looking to replace them. I'm simply stating that, of late, neither of them have been performing at an elite level when going up against elite teams, in big games. Thus, I don't consider them to be elite at the moment. Good, very good in the case of Brady, but not elite.

Then who is elite? I'm trying to figure out your standard.

There's no doubt that when the Pats clocked rings, they had an efficient O and a smart, tough veteran defense that made big plays in big spots. After 06, we saw them shift towards a finesse passing game because with an elite QB and the rules, it's easier/quicker to try to do that and win that way while you are rebuilding and old/slow defense. So they win games...but they have only one part of one side of the ball that can be counted on to make big plays with any consistency. And cliche as it is, one dimensional teams are much much easier to stop. Hence the playoff/late game issues lately. Having a one dimensional team also affects how coaches call games on O AND D. Is there a Pats fan ALIVE who thinks that if BB has the 03-04 defense he goes for it on 4th down on their own 28 in Indy????? That also has an effect on results. Finally, and I may have already posted this somewhere, in the past they had an O and a D that were capable for picking up each others slack so we don't remember epicfails as much because one side bailed the other out. See SB 39. The Pats O couldn't close that one out by getting a late first down...so Rodney Harrison did it with an INT.

This is why I was SO encouraged when the Pats won the AFCC even though they were HORRIBLE on offense. I thought this was step one to both sides of the ball being able to pick it up for each other in the playoffs when the other side struggled My opinion is that this team is just simply too young on D to be able to do that consistently...yet.

This is one reason that IMO BB will always be elite. He won't let "his system" limit what he will do to try to win. I can't think of many other coaches like that, if any.

Tom Brady is just coming off of a season where he threw for 39 TD's and 5,000+ yards. He was a Welker drop away from a 4th SB. How is he not elite? Just because he hasn't had a 5 TD pass game yet, doesn't mean that he isn't in stride for a phenominal season. You add the missed FG in the Cards game and take away the debacle in Baltimore with the officials and the Pats are 3-0. Tom's been leading a team with a really inconsistent defense for several years now and it's looks to be that way again. The Patriots team needs to stop expecting so much out of Brady and start giving more support to him and the offense.

Not many Texxxans know that much about TFB.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tom Brady is just coming off of a season where he threw for 39 TD's and 5,000+ yards. He was a Welker drop away from a 4th SB. How is he not elite? Just because he hasn't had a 5 TD pass game yet, doesn't mean that he isn't in stride for a phenominal season. You add the missed FG in the Cards game and take away the debacle in Baltimore with the officials and the Pats are 3-0. Tom's been leading a team with a really inconsistent defense for several years now and it's looks to be that way again. The Patriots team needs to stop expecting so much out of Brady and start giving more support to him and the offense.

I would not pay much mind....sometimes people overreact.

Not many Texxxans know that much about TFB.
Posted via Mobile Device

Believe it or not, they kind of like him here in Dallas....they think he is actually good.

I've ignored this thread since it started but finally peeked at it today since it keeps popping to the top. What a big waste of time.

Grog.....we are boycotting. Something has to fill the void.

:shrug:

Swear to God. I have a hell of an abstinence program in place in real life.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've ignored this thread since it started but finally peeked at it today since it keeps popping to the top. What a big waste of time.
Ya I think your better off staying in those top notch threads inbox made in the circus..:coffee:
Posted via Mobile Device

Grog.....we are boycotting. Something has to fill the void.

:shrug:

Swear to God. I have a hell of an abstinence program in place in real life.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's been a long time for me too dear. We should take an oath and break this streak...
Posted via Mobile Device

Back