Brady is Gone

Tom Brady@TomBrady

https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1239895289424642050
FOREVER A PATRIOT

ETT-VS2WkAAH8wt

Oh wow.

Very sad to read this. I thought he'd stay up t yesterday when Reiss said it seems that Brady's heart is not into returning to the team. I thought for Reiss to say that means a lot and way more than Curran or any other reporter.

Thanks for the memories Tom, but I do think this is a mistake on his part.

So it's Bucks or Chargers. Does he really want to go up against Mahomes in that division??

Christ, NFLN talking about how Dalton would be a great fit for NE.

Please god no.

Let's start the journey with Stidham, what do we have to lose??

Fuvk me. I have been living in denial on purpose, but here it is. The time we knew would come, but hoped never would. Damn.

Happy to say I was lucky enough to watch all of his career in the prime of my life. Amazing memories that will last a lifetime! Really, really wish he wasn't moving on. This whole month blows.

gwKQ1Pd.jpg

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
The #Bucs made a strong offer to QB Tom Brady believed to be $30M or more. The #Chargers did, as well. And now, he’s leaving New England.

Will he retire or continue playing for another team?

Thanks for all the great memories, Tom.

The remaining question is where he's going. Is it possible that BB told him its over and he should take the best offer?

Time to start the Stidham era.

The AFC East got a lot more interesting

New England Patriots future Hall of Fame quarterback Tom Brady has announced on his social media pages that he is leaving the only NFL franchise for which he’s ever played and continuing his career elsewhere.

“Although my football journey will take place elsewhere, I appreciate everything that we have achieve,” wrote Brady in part of his statement.

FOREVER A PATRIOT pic.twitter.com/QSBOJBs4uy

— Tom Brady (@TomBrady) March 17, 2020
Brady is 32-3 against the Bills in his career, but one of those losses was a meaningless Week 17 game. His utter domination of Buffalo and the division is one of the reasons for the Bills’ 17-year playoff drought during the 2000s and 2010s. Since Brady took over as the QB of the Patriots, they’ve finished with the best record in the division every single year. That’s almost 20 years of domination.

It’s unclear what the plan is for the Patriots at the most important position in football.

The move clearly sets up Buffalo as the favorite in the AFC East in 2020, a position in which they haven’t been since the early 2000s.

View the full article: https://www.buffalorumblings.com/20...-wont-be-re-signing-with-new-england-patriots

If this is true the Pats have no shot at the playoffs. BB will get his wish. You reap what you sow.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
The #Bucs made a strong offer to QB Tom Brady believed to be $30M or more. The #Chargers did, as well. And now, he’s leaving New England.

Will he retire or continue playing for another team?

Thanks for all the great memories, Tom.

As soon as I first hear the words "3 years, $90 million", I knew he was gone.

Paying a 43 year old QB $30 million a year when his play is in obvious decline is insanity.

So thanks for the memories, and I hope you don't get killed playing for the Bucs or Chargers.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

If this is true the Pats have no shot at the playoffs. BB will get his wish. You reap what you sow.

I don't see why this would be true.

The remaining question is where he's going. Is it possible that BB told him its over and he should take the best offer?

Time to start the Stidham era.

Yes. BB offered what he could several days ago before the CBA was ratified and Brady said thanks but no. Then BB went to work on Slater, DMac and Thuney. Didn't we all know?

Back