Brady/Manning rivarly - a different look

I expect Manning to retire after this season.

As much as we all hate him, he's an all-time great and we hate him more because of how the media treats him than anything else. It's almost sad the rivalry (though lopsided) has nearly come to an end.

As for AR, I'm a big AR fan in terms of his pure talent. I won't be shocked if he ends up owning some pretty big QB records before he retires, but I'm not sure he'll ever end up in the Montana/Brady tier.

I like AR too but I doubt he comes close to Brady/Montana, the Packers org is just not in the same league in terms of team building.

It was never Peyton that bothered me, it was his fan club.

My hope is Peyton gets to walk away from the game. His neck is a scary thing to mess with.

I got on him for claiming he was trying to be a good teammate while blaming his o-line for another playoff loss. But everyone screws up sometimes, and that was quite a few years ago.

I just don't want to see him get seriously hurt. He's a shoo-in for the HOF on the first ballot.

My hope is Peyton gets to walk away from the game. His neck is a scary thing to mess with.

I think at times he has been a lousy teammate. Throwing his Oline under the bus, screaming at Saturday on the sideline, telling the Denver fans to shut up then blaming the score board operator. He comes across as the guy with the silver spoon in his mouth and unable to really connect with his teammates unless talking Xs and Ox. Not sure if you read the articles coming out of Denver at the end of the season last year but many of them were brutal regarding Manning and the schism that existed on the team between the offense and defense.

It has always been amusing to me that he has the nicknamed the "Sheriff" when he is anything but in the locker room ...

I started hating him when he threw Mora under the bus after that "PLAYOFFS???" rant. 2001 after losing to SF I think. He would never take blame for playing poorly, etc.

I have to say since he's had his kids, he has become much less assholish to me. He actually tried to take blame for playing poorly in a few of their playoff losses in Den, but the media was having none of it. I do think some of his asshole issues in Indy was having Napolian ready willing and able to throw anyone under the bus for his sake.

I got on him for claiming he was trying to be a good teammate while blaming his o-line for another playoff loss. But everyone screws up sometimes, and that was quite a few years ago.

I just don't want to see him get seriously hurt. He's a shoo-in for the HOF on the first ballot.
Yeah, the tea-bagging thing was quite a few years ago, too. Funny how the media never brings that up.

Yeah, the tea-bagging thing was quite a few years ago, too. Funny how the media never brings that up.

It muddies the perfect picture of him that they like to portray every second ...

I don't know why people are still talking about Brady v Manning, when Aaron Rodgers is miles ahead of Manning and has been for several seasons.

You can take your pick of either Brady or Rodgers, but there's a clear gap before anyone else comes into the picture, (and the next one sure isn't Manning).

When they are talking about Brady vs Manning, it's in a historical context. Everyone knows Peyton's days as an elite QB have been over for a while now and Brady is currently miles ahead of him.

When they are talking about Brady vs Manning, it's in a historical context. Everyone knows Peyton's days as an elite QB have been over for a while now and Brady is currently miles ahead of him.
even the historical part is settled, Brady kicked his ass.

It is now to see if Rogers can start winning a bunch of rings to catch Brady.

and then Wonder who is the next to step into the elite status, it is not Luck. He is a Colts QB, pressure gets to him too easily.

even the historical part is settled, Brady kicked his ass.

It is now to see if Rogers can start winning a bunch of rings to catch Brady.

and then Wonder who is the next to step into the elite status, it is not Luck. He is a Colts QB, pressure gets to him too easily.

Yeah, Rodgers is really the only one that has a realistic shot of trying to catch his titles but I just trust the GB FO to get it done for him year in and year out.

This, me too. His fans have been trying to convince the rest of the football world that he's the GOAT for over a decade now, with sad attempts to tear down Brady in the process.

Manning is the second best QB of his generation. Which, by default, means he ain't the GOAT.

I have never been a fan. I think there is something wrong with me for most people here and in general are. Just can't muster it for him.

Great article here from PFF on Mannings decline, https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/08/factors-behind-peyton-mannings-decline/

This goes into great detail on how much Manning is either missing wide open receivers because he can't get the ball down the field or simply making the wrong read. Either way, his play has been awful. He is officially a game manager and may be the reason the Broncos lose this season at least according to this article.

Great article here from PFF on Mannings decline, https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/08/factors-behind-peyton-mannings-decline/

This goes into great detail on how much Manning is either missing wide open receivers because he can't get the ball down the field or simply making the wrong read. Either way, his play has been awful. He is officially a game manager and may be the reason the Broncos lose this season at least according to this article.

Written by Sam Monson (PFFSam on twitter) who is the same guy who put Brady in a coffin in June of last year. I have a hard time putting any stock into anything Monson says after that gaffe.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/11020311/tom-brady-no-longer-top-5-qb-nfl

Monson did backtrack a bit after being hit in nuclear fashion by at least 25K Pats fans on twitter who pointed out the problem with the Pats wasn't Brady but the horrible play of the offensive line those first 4 games. He wrote this after the KC debacle.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/10/01/analysis-notebook-week-4-3/

However, my own eyes have seen PManning's play deteriorate because of his physical infirmities over the last 2.5 years so, yes, I've seen he's been on the decline physically and don't need Monson to tell me that.

Now Monson says Manning's brain is also in decline & that Manning is misreading defenses. Monson points out a couple of plays as proof. It seems to me Monson shouldn't make that accusation without first asking Manning what he was seeing and thinking on the plays in question. Instead Monson assumes what Manning was thinking...no can do.

To me those ints by Manning can be explained by this line written by Monson:
"He’s definitely leaving plays out on the field because of the lack of arm velocity."
Expanding that a little, Manning is making throws his mind says he can still make. Manning's bad throws, to me anyway, are because Manning's arm strength is progressively getting worse and he has to relearn his diminishing ability in every game he plays now. Iow, those bad passes are a result of Manning's progressive diminishing physical ability rather than his mental ability imo.

Written by Sam Monson (PFFSam on twitter) who is the same guy who put Brady in a coffin in June of last year. I have a hard time putting any stock into anything Monson says after that gaffe.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/11020311/tom-brady-no-longer-top-5-qb-nfl

Monson did backtrack a bit after being hit in nuclear fashion by at least 25K Pats fans on twitter who pointed out the problem with the Pats wasn't Brady but the horrible play of the offensive line those first 4 games. He wrote this after the KC debacle.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/10/01/analysis-notebook-week-4-3/

However, my own eyes have seen PManning's play deteriorate because of his physical infirmities over the last 2.5 years so, yes, I've seen he's been on the decline physically and don't need Monson to tell me that.

Now Monson says Manning's brain is also in decline & that Manning is misreading defenses. Monson points out a couple of plays as proof. It seems to me Monson shouldn't make that accusation without first asking Manning what he was seeing and thinking on the plays in question. Instead Monson assumes what Manning was thinking...no can do.

To me those ints by Manning can be explained by this line written by Monson:
"He’s definitely leaving plays out on the field because of the lack of arm velocity."
Expanding that a little, Manning is making throws his mind says he can still make. Manning's bad throws, to me anyway, are because Manning's arm strength is progressively getting worse and he has to relearn his diminishing ability in every game he plays now. Iow, those bad passes are a result of Manning's progressive diminishing physical ability rather than his mental ability imo.

Yeah Monson is a bit of an egg head but his break down here is spot on IMO. We all know Manning's velocity is gone but also his accuracy too. I think this article shows just how many plays Manning is leaving out there because he knows he can't get the ball there in time. His INTs definitely show a lack of mental sharpness which if we are honest has always been there to some degree but usually reserved for playoff games in the big moments. Now he seems to have several every game against lousy teams on top.

There no debate anymore. Manning can brag he has better stats , NFL MVPS & passing records then brady that's it . Only QB you can now compare brady to is Montana .

There no debate anymore. Manning can brag he has better stats , NFL MVPS & passing records then brady that's it . Only QB you can now compare brady to is Montana .

I agree but would argue there is no comparison to Montana either. Brady has better stats, better regular season winning percentage, more post-season wins and SB appearances and owns all the post-season and SB passing records on top. Brady stands alone IMO and he is not done. This could be one of his finest seasons yet ...

I agree but would argue there is no comparison to Montana either. Brady has better stats, better regular season winning percentage, more post-season wins and SB appearances and owns all the post-season and SB passing records on top. Brady stands alone IMO and he is not done. This could be one of his finest seasons yet ...

Brady FU tour continues. He gets his 2nd favorite B**ch next luck.

View attachment 96440

Back