Brady Officially Retires (?)

:jerkit:

Silly narrative.

And with that intentionally inflammatory tweet, it's time to move this thread.
Wut? How was that inflammatory? He is talking about the media haters like Parker and Kellerman before his awakening. Those who have been rooting for Brady's decline but never got it.

I heard Mike Greenberg on ESPN radio this morning throwing shade at BB for that statement, those a holes will do anything to try and tarnish his image.
He's a die hard Jets fan and every once in a while his hatred for BB surfaces. I used to listen to him when Golic was there to slap him down. I'd get a kick on how he would crawl up into a fetal position.

I have never watched his new show, not once.

It is embarrassing and sad if this sub forum continues on this site now that the GOAT has retired.

As long as people want to engage in these rediculous revisionist circular debates about him, it serves a purpose.

I agree, it is sad.
You are being obtuse here. He retired and didn't mention the Patriots. That was going to set off arguments and that is not the fault of the posters here whether they were offended or not. It happens in many threads, all the time on other topics. But for some reason with the Brady PTSD that infests this site, he can't be talked about on the main forum. He is RETIRED now. He can't hurt folks anymore on the football field. If this subforum does not go away, it will be absolutely tragic for one of the most whiny, thin-skinned, self-entitled fanbases ever.

Privileges is key word. Those can be revoked at any time by HC inside facility . All your posts are clear. You only cared about Brady not the team . Enjoy wasting your money being a butt hurt season ticket holder .
Right, revoked by the HC for apparently no good reason since the privileges were later reinstated (probably because Kraft told BB to back off).

I'm not "butt hurt." Brady won a Super Bowl and had two fantastic seasons with another team. I would have preferred he'd had the opportunity for that in NE but it didn't work out that way. I'm also not shutting out the NFL now that Brady has retired. The NFL and the Patriots still hold a lot of interest for me. I'm good, so you can stop worrying about me.

No, you can have whatever opinion you wish to have. what you shouldn't do is post a comment that accuses us of feeling a certain way only due to tb retirement non comments when you weren't here to see that is not true of us.
I'm not entirely sure what you're saying but I'm pretty sure I didn't say what you say I said about what you said.

I am sticking with facts. You think one player deserves to be treated better than every other player, having his desires catered to. It fosters resentment and is awful for the culture. Goat or not, it is anti-team. In the ultimate team sport.

I think that is detrimental to the word team and team building and its how you end up with entitled jerks like Rodgers and the Tampa version of Tom.

When he couldn't be treated special, above every other player, he was the most miserable 8-0 qb you ever saw. He changed and wanted out. He got it and got another sb out of it. Enjoy it.

I'd rather root for the Pats than spend anymore energy on an enititled ex-athlete.
I'm not commenting on Rodgers because I don't know enough about his situation in GB.

1) Yes, some players earn preferential treatment, whether that's financial compensation (contracts), being able to wear a "C" on their jersey, getting veteran days off, premier parking spots, access to personal trainers etc. Until there's evidence that any of these common things with every team are a detriment to the team, I'm ok with them.

2) I've said this before but I have never seen a quote from any former or current teammate of Tom Brady that suggests anything other than he's a consummate professional, intensely dedicated, impressively detailed, hardest working teammate with unparalleled leadership skills. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest Brady has ever not lived up to his peerless reputation or ever done anything detrimental or contrary to the goals of the team. He's seemingly among the most revered and highly respected players in the history of professional sports. None of this aligns at all with your insinuation that Brady became an entitled me-first team-wrecker.

You are being obtuse here. He retired and didn't mention the Patriots. That was going to set off arguments and that is not the fault of the posters here whether they were offended or not. It happens in many threads, all the time on other topics. But for some reason with the Brady PTSD that infests this site, he can't be talked about on the main forum. He is RETIRED now. He can't hurt folks anymore on the football field. If this subforum does not go away, it will be absolutely tragic for one of the most whiny, thin-skinned, self-entitled fanbases ever.

You have a very convinient way of looking at it. As I remember, the Brady forum was made because of posters that couldn't seem to stop mentioning Brady at every turn despite him moving onto another team. Even though this was basically made to cater to such posters, it does have its uses. You're right -- Brady is retired, but the age-old argument is very much alive. Don't blame the fans because you can't seem to differentiate between on topic and off topic.

I highly doubt Belichick was ok with the no franchise tag clause. That has Kraft's sole approval written all over it.

It's a fact Guerrero had his privileges scaled back by Belichick. He had prior access to certain things that were taken away. It was disruptive to Brady's treatment sessions with Guerrero. Obviously Brady would take offense to this. Reportedly in time Guerrero would have his privileges reinstated so the act restricting them in the first place was rendered pointless.

You make assumptions without knowing what you're talking about. That franchise tag was insisted upon by Brady and Yee in return for another 1 year deal. BB went along with it and allowed it. Make no mistake, that was BB who agreed to it & it was Kraft who chose BB's 1 year deal over Brady's 2 year deal.

You do realize that Guerrero was telling many of the players NOT to use the training techniques advised by the Patriots' licensed and certified Training and Conditioning experts, right?
After being told not to countermand the instructions of the trainers, Guerrero continued to advise against proven training techniques. That's when BB stepped in and kicked his quack ass out of Gillette. After some time and only when Guerrero agreed to stop giving bad advice was he allowed back in. It wasn't pointless.

You have a very convinient way of looking at it. As I remember, the Brady forum was made because of posters that couldn't seem to stop mentioning Brady at every turn despite him moving onto another team. Even though this was basically made to cater to such posters, it does have its uses. You're right -- Brady is retired, but the age-old argument is very much alive. Don't blame the fans because you can't seem to differentiate between on topic and off topic.
We have a very different memory of what happened.

But as always it’s up to you guys as to how you want the board to function moving forward.

You make assumptions without knowing what you're talking about. That franchise tag was insisted upon by Brady and Yee in return for another 1 year deal. BB went along with it and allowed it. Make no mistake, that was BB who agreed to it & it was Kraft who chose BB's 1 year deal over Brady's 2 year deal.
Right, Brady wanted a longer term contract (2 years) whereas he was only offered a 1 year contract which displayed a lack of commitment to the player so the player (Brady) wanted to keep all of his options open after the '19, hence his request for the no franchise tag clause. Our path may be different, and I think some of the details along the way are debatable, but we're arriving at the same conclusion:

A) Brady wanted a 2 year contract.
B) Belichick wanted a 1 year contract.
C) Kraft sided with Belichick.
D) Brady agreed with the 1 year contract provided there was a no franchise tag clause.
E) The 1 year contract with the no franchise tag clause was agreed upon by all parties.

I'll add:

F) Brady had 2 phenomenal seasons and won a Super Bowl.
G) F proves B and C were colossal mistakes.

You do realize that Guerrero was telling many of the players NOT to use the training techniques advised by the Patriots' licensed and certified Training and Conditioning experts, right?
After being told not to countermand the instructions of the trainers, Guerrero continued to advise against proven training techniques. That's when BB stepped in and kicked his quack ass out of Gillette. After some time and only when Guerrero agreed to stop giving bad advice was he allowed back in. It wasn't pointless.
You have proof of all these things? I doubt it but this particular argument is of little use to me. It probably comes down to perception. Meaning Brady thought Guerrero was being treated unfairly and thought Belichick had arbitrarily removed his privileges.

We can agree Guerrero has a shady past with some highly questionable methods. And we can agree that he should not have been allowed to undermine the team's official training philosophy and techniques (and consequently the Patriots would have been justified in taking action). That said, Brady highly values his work with Guerrero, and there seems to be strong evident that it's been of benefit to him, so the team should have found a way of continuing to support that while also enforcing their organizational philosophy and techniques.

Right, Brady wanted a longer term contract (2 years) whereas he was only offered a 1 year contract which displayed a lack of commitment to the player so the player (Brady) wanted to keep all of his options open after the '19, hence his request for the no franchise tag clause. Our path may be different, and I think some of the details along the way are debatable, but we're arriving at the same conclusion:

D) Brady agreed with the 1 year contract provided there was a no franchise tag clause.
E) The 1 year contract with the no franchise tag clause was agreed upon by all parties.

I'll add:

You have proof of all these things? I doubt it but this particular argument is of little use to me. It probably comes down to perception. Meaning Brady thought Guerrero was being treated unfairly and thought Belichick had arbitrarily removed his privileges.

We can agree Guerrero has a shady past with some highly questionable methods. And we can agree that he should not have been allowed to undermine the team's official training philosophy and techniques (and consequently the Patriots would have been justified in taking action). That said, Brady highly values his work with Guerrero, and there seems to be strong evident that it's been of benefit to him, so the team should have found a way of continuing to support that while also enforcing their organizational philosophy and techniques.

Yes. It was widely reported by the media that Guerrero was recklessly telling players not to follow the trainers' regimens. BB got pissed and threw him out the clubhouse.

C) Kraft sided with BB because otherwise BB would have another job today. It was an easy decision for Kraft.
D) yes he did. He wanted out.
E) The GM does the contracts not Kraft

F & G) Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing? Brady could have stayed with 1 year deals. He knew that. He wanted out.

C) Kraft sided with BB because otherwise BB would have another job today. It was an easy decision for Kraft.
D) yes he did. He wanted out.
E) The GM does the contracts not Kraft

F & G) Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing? Brady could have stayed with 1 year deals. He knew that. He wanted out.
C) I highly doubt BB walks if Kraft had insisted on a 2 year contract for Brady.
D) Brady wanted out after he was denied a 2 year contract.
E) The owner approves the contracts.

F&G) However it's characterized, Brady made the right decision (irrefutably), the Patriots didn't (IMO). We'll see what happens from here. We have a completed view of Brady's career now. Spotlight's solely on Belichick now and I think a lot is riding on what he can accomplish over the next 3-5 years with Jones.

I'll add:

You have proof of all these things? I doubt it but this particular argument is of little use to me. It probably comes down to perception. Meaning Brady thought Guerrero was being treated unfairly and thought Belichick had arbitrarily removed his priyoileges.

Further proof your Butt hurt. That Brady didnt get everything he wanted . Stay a Patriot.
Your quote proves you keep lying about it
Brady was the one player they could never afford to lose.
Leaving for Tampa Bay was perfect situation. It allowed him to get everything he wanted. While joining Peyton Manning. As only 2 QBs to win a SB with 2 different teams

Last edited:
Further proof your Butt hurt. That Brady didnt get everything he wanted . Stay a Patriot.
Your quote proves you keep lying about it
Brady was the one player they could never afford to lose.
You're aware Brady was the only constant player throughout the entirety of the dynasty? And yes, anyone of those championships wouldn't have happened without Brady. You think Bledsoe, Cassel or Garoppolo are winning Super Bowls?

It's 'debates' like this that caused the thread to be moved.

Here's what cool about being a fan: I don't have to give a shit about the business side of things. Putting aside Brady's business-related beef with BB/Kraft, etc, to not acknowledge the fans, and more importantly his teammates on the Patriots who supported and competed next to him, isn't cool.

Someone else used this same analogy: It's the equivalent to giving your kids the cold-shoulder because of a personal feud with your spouse. It was, at best, a tone-deaf decision, and at worst, an unbelievably petty, inconsiderate, ungrateful potshot at the team where he spent 20 years of his career ... the team that contributed massively to his success, personally and collectively.

Back