Brady Officially Retires (?)

Not to rehash the usual debates but rather try to touch on this as objectively as possible:

This is a good example of why you don't give guaranteed money / long contracts to older players nearing retirement. Brady wanted a contract from NE through 45 with guaranteed money. If NE had fulfilled that, they'd be on the hook with some dead money while Brady retires.

Given how seemingly abruptly the whole thing happened, it really brings into sharp relief why it's better to be a year early than a year late. I don't want to get into the Brady leaving thing again, and I won't put up much of a fight with anyone who says he should've retired a Patriot, but my point is that BB's philosophy is what it is for a reason. And even the player everyone thought was the ultimate exception to the "one year too early rather than too late" rule, sort of ended up being a textbook example of it before all was said and done.

And just to preempt any projectiles being launched my way, I'm not commenting on Brady's on-field performance in any way; only the manner in which he retired.

Not to rehash the usual debates but rather try to touch on this as objectively as possible:

This is a good example of why you don't give guaranteed money / long contracts to older players nearing retirement. Brady wanted a contract from NE through 45 with guaranteed money. If NE had fulfilled that, they'd be on the hook with some dead money while Brady retires.

Given how seemingly abruptly the whole thing happened, it really brings into sharp relief why it's better to be a year early than a year late. I don't want to get into the Brady leaving thing again, and I won't put up much of a fight with anyone who says he should've retired a Patriot, but my point is that BB's philosophy is what it is for a reason. And even the player everyone thought was the ultimate exception to the "one year too early rather than too late" rule, sort of ended up being a textbook example of it before all was said and done.

And just to preempt any projectiles being launched my way, I'm not commenting on Brady's on-field performance in any way; only the manner in which he retired.

A very good point actually that hasn't been picked up in the media from what I see.

I just picked this up at my grocery store. It recounts all of his SBs with a ton of cool photos.

1644934514604.png

I thought only Brady could pull the highest rated tv show in the past 5 years?

Hell, a RAMS/BENGALS SB surpassed Bradys SB from last year.
Kind of hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We all know that's not possible. Stop making shit up.😂

...wonder if D22 is locked away in a rubber room in a straight jacket screaming "Brady holeds know pasing rekurds!!1"...

Not really surprising. Arians is a buffoon and Brady must have seen this very early on in his Tampa career. He can slag off Bill all he wants, but he knows damn well the difference between a coach like Arians and Bill Belichick. Bill was big enough to meet Tm every week and listen to Tom as he dissected the upcoming defense and gave his thoughts on how to attack them. And Bill would take the notes and listen. Arians has too big an ego and wouldn't be secure enough to do that.

Tom Brady is clearly the GOAT NFL quarterback and very likely the GOAT football player. He's closing in on the Triple Crown of GOATS because he's right near the top of The Greatest of All Time Attention Whore...

Tom Brady is clearly the GOAT NFL quarterback and very likely the GOAT football player. He's closing in on the Triple Crown of GOATS because he's right near the top of The Greatest of All Time Attention Whore...
nah, peypey still has him beat there due to his sheer volume of commercials. though tb's made a good run with his "oopsie" 🙄 leak of his retirement decision during the playoffs mirroring peypey's attention whoring around sb 46.

Not really surprising. Arians is a buffoon and Brady must have seen this very early on in his Tampa career. He can slag off Bill all he wants, but he knows damn well the difference between a coach like Arians and Bill Belichick. Bill was big enough to meet Tm every week and listen to Tom as he dissected the upcoming defense and gave his thoughts on how to attack them. And Bill would take the notes and listen. Arians has too big an ego and wouldn't be secure enough to do that.
unless one were rip van winkle, they should have known for years that arians is a buffoon. it's been widely on display since he's been a hc anywhere.tb simply didn't care and thought he would rule.

nah, peypey still has him beat there due to his sheer volume of commercials. though tb's made a good run with his "oopsie" 🙄 leak of his retirement decision during the playoffs mirroring peypey's attention whoring around sb 46.
Yeah, you're probably right...although as much as I dislike Pay-me-a-ton, I have to admit, he's one funny SOB.

i wouldn't doubt it for a nanosecond. even before he announced it he said "sometimes it's not about what you want, it's about what your family wants". she's horrible. i mean, it's not like she's at home scrubbing toilets in a ratty robe and running kids to activities and toilet training children while he's doing his job. she fricken took her clothes off and ran around in her undies for money. she's a step above a stripper. of course she doesn't get it. 🙄
Ultimatums create resentment. If Tom wasn't ready to retire, resentment (and trouble) could be the result.

Back