Brady on track to win league MVP

And Tom Brady throws a pick 6 to end the game losing to the Saints, very un-MVP like... Oooof
The receiver ran the wrong f###### route...the offensive coordinator called the wrong f###### play...the defense got away with an off sides penalty... Tompa's O-line let him down...

Brady is on track to throw 53 Tds and 5300 yards. With the news of Henry's foot injury, it is likely he can coast to MVP this year at friggin 44 and be the only QB to throw for 50Tds twice in a career.

The receiver ran the wrong f###### route...the offensive coordinator called the wrong f###### play...the defense got away with an off sides penalty... Tompa's O-line let him down...
I mean, he can handle 2 0r 3 some other guy f-ups per play but that was just too many. He's getting better every year, though.

Cheers

Brady has 34 Tds now and is on pace for 5000+ yards. He is the odds on favorite with Allen in second place. If the Pats win tonight that should drop Allen out of contention especially since he has to play Brady/Bucs next week.

Pretty special to get this at age 44 as the award is for the last 12 months of performance. I really hope he can finish off this season and win MVP and Bill gets COTY which he should if the Pats get the top seed. Brady and Bill have OWNED this season. What a fantastic year.
Your finally giving BB credit 😱. It's a Christmas miracle. He deserves a lot of praise for turning this team around after Cowboys lose.

Your finally giving BB credit 😱. It's a Christmas miracle. He deserves a lot of praise for turning this team around after Cowboys lose.
To be fair, they weren't terrible even before they played Dallas... They had that game won, same with the Bucs... They let Brady do what Brady does, get the team close enough for a game winning FG with 2 minutes left. Don't forget, Folk doinked a 56 yarder off the post. that would have won that game so the patriots weren't terrible even though they lost those games... just saying

To be fair, they weren't terrible even before they played Dallas... They had that game won, same with the Bucs... They let Brady do what Brady does, get the team close enough for a game winning FG with 2 minutes left. Don't forget, Folk doinked a 56 yarder off the post. that would have won that game so the patriots weren't terrible even though they lost those games... just saying
We will just agree to disagree on first 6 games . Now big question do Pats fans root for Brady's Buccs this Sunday.

Brady got #700 yesterday for total career TDs. He also got the completions record too. He now is the all time leader in wins, passing TDs, passing yards and completions as well as SB wins, appearances, and every major post-season passing stat. So nice of him to combine the winning and stats into one player and save all the silly debates. lol

Brady got #700 yesterday for total career TDs. He also got the completions record too. He now is the all time leader in wins, passing TDs, passing yards and completions as well as SB wins, appearances, and every major post-season passing stat. So nice of him to combine the winning and stats into one player and save all the silly debates. lol
He's also over 4000 yards on the season and at 38 total TDs with 4 games to go. 200 yards above the next highest QB for Yards (Derek Carr), and 6 TDs above the next highest QB for TDs (T- Josh Allen and Justin Herbert). TB beating the Bills head to head also helps deliver some distance over Josh Allen, so assuming he doesn't totally fade over the next 4 games MVP seems likely.

He's also over 4000 yards on the season and at 38 total TDs with 4 games to go. 200 yards above the next highest QB for Yards (Derek Carr), and 6 TDs above the next highest QB for TDs (T- Josh Allen and Justin Herbert). TB beating the Bills head to head also helps deliver some distance over Josh Allen, so assuming he doesn't totally fade over the next 4 games MVP seems likely.
Last 4 for Bucs are Saints at home then Carolina twice and Jets. He has a pretty sweet last 4 games to try to separate even more.

He has had quite the year - became all time passing yards leader vs us, all time completions leader vs the Bills, reached 600 regular season TDs a few weeks ago and 700 total career TDs yesterday. Oh and he won SI sportsperson of the year. Hard to believe he could top last year but he has. I hope he can finish it off this last month.

i'm just cautiously optimistic. Remember, he's about to fall off the cliff and it could happen any day now.

Cheers

Another way yo look at it---When you play football for more than half your life you SHOULD be getting those records.... The people he is now surpassing did those things in a shorter period of time, imagine what THEY could have done if they could have had a long career like Brady?

Another way yo look at it---When you play football for more than half your life you SHOULD be getting those records.... The people he is now surpassing did those things in a shorter period of time, imagine what THEY could have done if they could have had a long career like Brady?
I agree. I think Brady's longevity is what separates him. I know Saints fans were hoping that Drew would outlast brady given he was 2.5 years younger than him but he could not do it.

There has been discussion if any of the younger QBs could surpass given the league will go to 18 game soon. Even then, a QB would need to put up 16+ seasons of consistent play which is a tall order but I would imagine eventually they will fall. His wins records though won't IMO, regular or post-season or SB wins.

Back