Brady on track to win league MVP

I really hope that he retires after this year. He has all the meaningful records . He certainly has plenty of money.
I'd hate for him to get an Alex Smith or Joe Theismann type injury, or bad concussion that will effect him for the rest of his life. Why risk it, and for what reason?

I really hope that he retires after this year. He has all the meaningful records . He certainly has plenty of money.
I'd hate for him to get an Alex Smith or Joe Theismann type injury, or bad concussion that will effect him for the rest of his life. Why risk it, and for what reason?
It is interesting. He has done a few interviews recently saying he still loves playing and that he has not found anything outside of football that excites him to the level of playing. I also think he is really enjoying his time in Tampa with Arians and the offensive weapons he has so why stop? The offense is fully his now. If Tampa continues to surround him with talent and from all indications they are going to keep doing it, then why retire? I have to stay, I have never seen him happier or playing better and I am sure that goes a long way for him wanting to continue doing the grind.

At the risk of being a bit pedantic, "first and only" is redundant. If someone is the first to do something, they are (at that time) the only to do it. Someone else may do that same thing at some point down the line, so it'd be more accurate to say "only (at the moment, currently)".

Nonetheless, it's an absolutely tremendous accomplishment. I've been really enjoying watching the Man In The Arena series.

It is interesting. He has done a few interviews recently saying he still loves playing and that he has not found anything outside of football that excites him to the level of playing. I also think he is really enjoying his time in Tampa with Arians and the offensive weapons he has so why stop? The offense is fully his now. If Tampa continues to surround him with talent and from all indications they are going to keep doing it, then why retire? I have to stay, I have never seen him happier or playing better and I am sure that goes a long way for him wanting to continue doing the grind.

He's playing well now, but I'd argue that he was better in: 2007, 2010, and 2016, and comparable during basically every season from 2011-2017. Certainly the gap is close on some of those years and it's hard to compare apples-to-apples. I'm not saying Brady has dropped off at all, but it hasn't been an absolute breeze for him this season. My money is on him playing beyond this year but we shall see.

Check out this Rich Eisen bit here:

"I think if anything, the most challenging part is the emotional aspect of football for me. When we lose, it's depressing. When we win, it's a relief. It's not like the joy, the happiness -- it's a relief".

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXBx_WW3c1o

At the risk of being a bit pedantic, "first and only" is redundant. If someone is the first to do something, they are (at that time) the only to do it. Someone else may do that same thing at some point down the line, so it'd be more accurate to say "only (at the moment, currently)".

Nonetheless, it's an absolutely tremendous accomplishment. I've been really enjoying watching the Man In The Arena series.
I had said Brady could be the first and only player to reach 700 touchdowns and 100,000 passing yards. So I am indicating that I believe he may be not just be the first player to do it but the only one to do it.

He's playing well now, but I'd argue that he was better in: 2007, 2010, and 2016, and comparable during basically every season from 2011-2017. Certainly the gap is close on some of those years and it's hard to compare apples-to-apples. I'm not saying Brady has dropped off at all, but it hasn't been an absolute breeze for him this season. My money is on him playing beyond this year but we shall see.

Check out this Rich Eisen bit here:

"I think if anything, the most challenging part is the emotional aspect of football for me. When we lose, it's depressing. When we win, it's a relief. It's not like the joy, the happiness -- it's a relief".

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXBx_WW3c1o

There was a discussion on another form about Brady's prime. It was very interesting as some people had it from 2007 through 2012. Others thought 2014 through 2018. I actually think he's been playing his best football the last 4 years so I would go from 2017 to present. That's what's so amazing about him he really hasn't had any significant drop off in over 20 years of playing.

It's interesting to figure out what really drives him given that quote on the Eisen show. He talks a lot about getting joy from seeing his teammates succeed. He obviously also loves the camaraderie in the locker room. I also think he likes doing things that no one else has been able to do. So I agree he plays next year and there has been talk that Tampa is going to extend him this off season which could take him through age 47 or potentially even 48. That would be kind of absurd but I wouldn't be shocked to see him get those years either.

There was a discussion on another form about Brady's prime. It was very interesting as some people had it from 2007 through 2012. Others thought 2014 through 2018. I actually think he's been playing his best football the last 4 years so I would go from 2017 to present. That's what's so amazing about him he really hasn't had any significant drop off in over 20 years of playing.

It's interesting to figure out what really drives him given that quote on the Eisen show. He talks a lot about getting joy from seeing his teammates succeed. He obviously also loves the camaraderie in the locker room. I also think he likes doing things that no one else has been able to do. So I agree he plays next year and there has been talk that Tampa is going to extend him this off season which could take him through age 47 or potentially even 48. That would be kind of absurd but I wouldn't be shocked to see him get those years either.

Well, he didn't seem to love it in 2019 when he seemed to be a quite lousy teammate. Sullen and moody and unwilling to give rookies his time.

Apologies in advance. At the risk of being even more peedantic, first and only is not redundant. Babe Ruth was first but not only one to hit 60 homers. :coffee:

Cheers, :toast:

Brady leading the league in yards and TDs. He is on track to get the MVP. Bucs schedule is insanely easy.
Little dent in his frontrunner status, no?

Cheesr

Brady was named to his record 15th pro bowl today. He broke a tie with Peyton Manning, Tony Gonzalez, Merlin Olsen and Bruce Matthews. That's a heck of a Hall of Fame group to separate from.

What's ironic is Brady is famous for saying he doesn't play football to go to pro bowls but to win super bowls. Now he has the most of each. Lol

Aaron Rodgers is closing in fast.
Yeah. He is. Not sure if Brady will be able to hold him off given the injuries sustained last night to his skill guys. But it has been an unbelievable year for Brady with all he has accomplished:
  • Passing yards record versus us
  • Completions record versus the Bills
  • 600 regular season touchdowns
  • 700 career touchdowns
  • SI sportsperson of the year
  • Record 15th pro bowl selection

Of course I realize none of this matters much to Brady as he is focused on trying to get his 8th ring but the legacy records he achieved this season are absolutely phenomenal considering his age. I hope he can cap it off with the League MVP but it'll be a challenge for sure.

That dumpster game there plus losing to the Skins and shit definitely hurts his odds. AR is making a charge. If Tom doesn't win MVP, that would actually be a pretty big collapse on his part.

Brady has already stated he plans on honoring his commitment to the Bucs for the 2022 season. My guess is he'll retire thereafter and probably regret it for several more years after when he's telling himself he could still outperform a high percentages of active quarterbacks (and he'll probably be right).

Brady has already stated he plans on honoring his commitment to the Bucs for the 2022 season. My guess is he'll retire thereafter and probably regret it for several more years after when he's telling himself he could still outperform a high percentages of active quarterbacks (and he'll probably be right).
There have been rumors of an extension this off-season and Brady recently said that he's planning on playing next year and the year after. So I would imagine he either gets an extension for one or two more years.

Back