Brady retires

Thank you. I love Sally both as a writer and a person. She does a wonderful job with this piece on Brady.

I hope she is right, and that he can find some peace in his life
. We will never witness someone like him again with his competitive drive and commitment to succeed, despite not having the off the chart physical tools. I think that’s why I have always admired him so much and continue to be his fan. His life story has always resonated with me, because he was never picked to be the best or even to be a starter in the NFL given his draft selection. Of course Michigan Dave can also shed light on just how much he had to persevere in college at Michigan when he was so far down on the depth chart.

I will continue to root for him in his life and truly hope that he knocks it out of the park at Fox.

MD proof-of-life from back in The Day.....may he once again grace these pages w/ his college TFB rememberences

TFB_DFP.jpg

Last edited:
My uncle was a huge Pats/Sox fan. He died in early 2000. :shake:
Sorry to hear that, I'm not a religious person but can't help but feel closer to my father whenever watching the teams he loved so much. That's the gift if sports that make them more than just a game for many of us.

Last edited:
Yup. My dad died in 1998, same story.
My mom and dad died in 2004, Mom in May and Dad in September, so these lifelong Sox fans never saw them win the World Series, though they probably watched from Heaven. ⚾😇⚾

They did see the Patriots win two Super Bowls. Both were big Pats fans! 🏈🏈

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I didn’t want to start a new thread but I saw 80 for Brady last night at the movies and it was really good. It was really funny, but also very touching to follow these four women and their lives, as they were huge patriots fans. What was even better is I got to relive the Atlanta Super Bowl again on the big screen which was pretty awesome. I highly recommend the movie for anyone that loves a little bit of nostalgia, but also wants to laugh a lot. Brady is only in it a little bit and also Amendola, and Edelman, and Gronk. The four women are really really funny. It was a great time.

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I didn’t want to start a new thread but I saw 80 for Brady last night at the movies and it was really good. It was really funny, but also very touching to follow these four women and their lives, as they were huge patriots fans. What was even better is I got to relive the Atlanta Super Bowl again on the big screen which was pretty awesome. I highly recommend the movie for anyone that loves a little bit of nostalgia, but also wants to laugh a lot. Brady is only in it a little bit and also Amendola, and Edelman, and Gronk. The four women are really really funny. It was a great time.
One of my friends who is not a Patriots fan saw the movie said it was really good.

Back