Brady to attend SB 50 MVP award ceremony

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
Brady is going to SB 50 to be honored with the other SB MVPs. I think this was the right move by Brady. Takes the high road. Makes Roger look like even more of a weasel and a coward to never showing up in Foxboro.

Plus, let's face it, no point in even holding the ceremony if the KING is not there.

So by my calculations Brady is now 2 and the league zero. Let's hope he makes it 3-0 after the second circuit hearing.

This is the correct move. Now if Roger wants to shake his hand, I'd like to see Brady ignore him....or squeeze him hand so hard that he breaks it.

Good. I was hoping the whining cry baby cheater would show up. Now he can be exposed as the classless cheater he is in front of millions of viewers. Goodell always wins. Still the best QB of all time though.

This is the correct move. Now if Roger wants to shake his hand, I'd like to see Brady ignore him....or squeeze him hand so hard that he breaks it.

4 SB rings would probably function pretty well as a set of diamond encrusted 'brass knuckles'...

Brady should wear his rings all on one finger...

76b8e734b5a1702c990529ab31c7d2df.jpg

I'm glad he's going. Not going would be regrettable years down the line. And why should he let Roger and his minions' witch hunt prevent him from being part of something very special? Staying away would allow Goodell to control him, and Tom Brady is not controlled by the likes of Roger the Dodger, consummate weasel and flaming liar! Patty*

It's the right move to honor the league and the game. Roger and his Cabal are not the league, despite what they'd have you believe

Sent by the voices inside my head

Tom doesn't let what others think affect his life choices. But the noise. criticism, condemnation and mockery that he would receive from all the haters and the media (a subset of haters) would be deafening. He'll be criticized either way and in that regard it's a lose - lose situation.

But at least this way he honors himself, his team and football as a way of life.

Right choice imo.

Go Tom!

Cheers, BostonTim

It's the right choice but he will be booed mercilessly by the haters when his name is called.

But TB being the consummate professional will smile and take it all in stride. He should flash those 4 rings on the big screen when they introduce him, that should infuriate the masses.

I agree with TB12 going. Take the high road as Roger the Dodger didn't come to Gillette all season long. He looks like the better man and deserves the honor to boot. It's good to see the Brady's (Tom's Father interview this week was excellent IMO) moving forward.

:thumb:

I would have all my rings around my dick and I would pull my pants down to all the haters and tell the crowd to suck my rings. But thats just me though.

I find this decision by Brady to be somewhat cathartic for me personally. Him going represents letting this whole awful saga go even though he still has a court date next month. At some point as his father said this week you have to let it go and move on and realize that what the Patriots and Brady have accomplished is one of a kind and as much as the league has tried to smear them those rings and achievements still stand tall as will be on display this weekend when he is honored as one of only two QBs with the most SB MVPs.

I am looking forward to seeing him with Montana too. What are the chances that the NFL would have Montana who played for San Fran and Brady who is from San Fran standing together as the greatest QB of all time at the 50th SB in San Fran. As someone so eloquently said, Brady is bigger than the two QBs playing in the game. I am glad he will be honored as such.

I find this decision by Brady to be somewhat cathartic for me personally. Him going represents letting this whole awful saga go even though he still has a court date next month. At some point as his father said this week you have to let it go and move on and realize that what the Patriots and Brady have accomplished is one of a kind and as much as the league has tried to smear them those rings and achievements still stand tall as will be on display this weekend when he is honored as one of only two QBs with the most SB MVPs.

I am looking forward to seeing him with Montana too. What are the chances that the NFL would have Montana who played for San Fran and Brady who is from San Fran standing together as the greatest QB of all time at the 50th SB in San Fran. As someone so eloquently said, Brady is bigger than the two QBs playing in the game. I am glad he will be honored as such.

I do not see this as Brady letting anything go. This is to honor Brady, and SB MVP's, not the NFL. As far as Montana, not sure if I was Brady, I would have too many good things to say to him, he basically said Brady was a cheater.

I do not see this as Brady letting anything go. This is to honor Brady, and SB MVP's, not the NFL. As far as Montana, not sure if I was Brady, I would have too many good things to say to him, he basically said Brady was a cheater.

I think it is his way of saying I am moving on and not going to let this thing rule my life every time a league commitment surfaces.

Montana never said Brady was a cheater. He did say however that his team cheated with stickum and silicon. I think Montana tried to give perspective on how teams have always tried to gain competitive advantages and that DG was over blown. I actually found him to be the most reasonable of all the former players that spoke on it.

From Reiss:

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will attend the Super Bowl 50 pregame ceremony of MVPs, which was a hot topic of discussion based on his legal fight against the NFL. On Friday, Patriots owner Robert Kraft shared with WBZ-TV a bit of Brady's mindset in attending.

“I chatted with him about it and he was his usual selfless self, saying he represents all of the players on the team, the coaches and the New England market,” Kraft told Steve Burton in San Francisco. “Without that sense of team, he wouldn’t have gotten those MVP awards.”

Kraft also said he's looking forward to the 2016 season.

"We still have a pretty good team and there are a lot of young players on the team. We’re blessed with the best coaching staff in the NFL," he said. “We’re going to have some fun next year, I promise."

I think it is his way of saying I am moving on and not going to let this thing rule my life every time a league commitment surfaces.

Montana never said Brady was a cheater. He did say however that his team cheated with stickum and silicon. I think Montana tried to give perspective on how teams have always tried to gain competitive advantages and that DG was over blown. I actually found him to be the most reasonable of all the former players that spoke on it.

What I read was Montana said Brady for sure had the footballs altered. To me that is calling him a cheater.

Back