Brady ugly debate stuff broken out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Elliott

Reaction score
The colts. Now go cry about hat colors.
Ooh, baby's a little cranky this morning😂...some of us are still waiting for an honest answer. The downside is an honest answer most usually comes from an honest person. So, I'm not holding my breath. Of course, It's a rhetorical question which, by definition, we all know the answer to.You just don't have the balls to answer it honestly. But, we'll keep waiting patiently. It's a long time until October 3.

Last edited:

Mazz22

Age 44 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
I see the Patriots schedule thread has been locked. no doubt because of the Brady obsession some posters have that are running other threads.

Look, I think we need to have clear demarcation lines. Everything Brady needs to stay on this thread, good or bad, keep it here. It was a good idea by Mazz to have a dedicated thread, the intention was to keep all things to do with Saint Tom here.

But some posters can't help themselves and Patriots topics and Patriots info that has nothing to do with Brady, whether it's about Mac Jones or about the schedule or a general football debate about Aaron goddamn Rodgers, some can't help but reference Brady for some weird reason. The vast majority on this board don't care about Brady and have zero interest about the Buccs etc. Brady is long gone from the Patriots and I think I speak for the vast majority here, that we are looking to the future, as we were last year and don't give a shit about Lord Pliability and the rather Gaudy personality he seems to have developed the past number of years.

So a suggestion, everything Brady, leave that shit here, keep it off the other threads. We'll have a separate thread on the Patriots v Buccs when the game comes, the same we do every other game. And that's it. We didn't have a Vince Wilfork thread or a Wes Welker thread or endless discussions about those players when they left. So please, just leave the Brady crap here and here alone.
The issue is not Brady. This thread was not created with the purpose of limiting Brady to this thread only but to keep Tampa off-season news from infiltrating other threads. The issue we have is the posters engaging in back and forths that they know will torpedo the thread because it always becomes personal and Brady becomes secondary to that. It is everyone's responsibility to stop it. It's the same 4-5 posters that always engage with INSP50. Those posters and INSP50 need to fix it.

I have said this before, but people need to use the ignore feature. It is available for this reason to stop posters who can't get along no matter the reason. It not only blocks the poster but all replies as well. It's as if the poster left the board when you use it. That is the best solution rather than trying to limit conversations on threads. Brady is always going to come up. He was our Qb for 20 years and the GOAT. He is not the issue, it is the posters and they have to fix it.

Last edited:

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
The issue is not Brady. This thread was not created with the purpose of limiting Brady to this thread only but to keep Tampa off-season news from infiltrating other threads. The issue we have is the posters engaging in back and forths that they know will torpedo the thread because it always becomes personal and Brady becomes secondary to that. It is everyone's responsibility to stop it. It's the same 4-5 posters that always engage with INSP50. Those posters and INSP50 need to fix it.

I have said this before, but people need to use the ignore feature. It is available for this reason to stop posters who can't get along no matter the reason. It not only blocks the poster but all replies as well. It's as if the poster left the board when you use it. That is the best solution rather than trying to limit conversations on threads. Brady is always going to come up. He was our Qb for 20 years and the GOAT. He is not the issue, it is the posters and they have to fix it.
Brady should’nt come up on any current Patriots threads . He belongs here & Random football threads . Until week 4 Game thread. I’m sorry your thread being ruined because of a Cancer .

Mazz22

Reaction score
Brady should’nt come up on any current Patriots threads . He belongs here & Random football threads . Until week 4 Game thread. I’m sorry your thread being ruined because of a Cancer .
He rarely does come up on other threads. But that does not mean we should be prevented from ever mentioning him for fear of the threads devolving from a few posters. It really does need to be resolved. Perhaps UT can weigh in.

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score

Middie needs to fix it...or be assclowned. His posts bother way more than a few posters. His purposeful digs have devolved into nothing more than incessant trolling.
I've put him on ignore, and it does help, but his posts keep coming up in the posts of others. It seems to me, fixing 1 poster is far more effective and easier than fixing 60-70.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
Middie needs to fix it...or be assclowned. His posts bother way more than a few posters. His purposeful digs have devolved into nothing more than incessant trolling.
I've put him on ignore, and it does help, but his posts keep coming up in the posts of others. It seems to me, fixing 1 poster is far more effective and easier than fixing 60-70.
He's intentionally doing it. That's why he become the cancer of planet. He already shown he come back with different names.

Roberto71

Reaction score

Well the thread title is Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread so the assumption is all things Brady land here. And if that wasn't the intention, it maybe should be, and just rename it the Tom Brady / Tampa catch all thread.

And Brady shouldn't always come up. He is the Goat and was the Goat Pats player. But he's gone and we should not be having endless references to Brady when we're talking about Cam, Mac, Bill, Josh, Kraft or whoever. As said, we don't have endless references to Wilfork, Moss, Welker, Seymour etc on this board.

So Brady is the problem in the sense that conversations that have nothing to do with him get referenced to him by certain posters on this board. It doesn't seem to matter what the conversation is, a detour is always found to reference back to him no matter how obscure the route is.

Last edited:

Mazz22

Reaction score
Hopefully UT can weigh in. The only solution I know of from a poster standpoint is the ignore feature which I have found helpful. Beyond that is UTs call.

Roberto71

Reaction score
Hopefully UT can weigh in. The only solution I know of from a poster standpoint is the ignore feature which I have found helpful. Beyond that is UTs call.
We shouldn't really have to have rules for everything in life. With a situation like this, surely a gentleman/ladies agreement should suffice? We can take personal responsibility here without always turning to the authorities.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
We shouldn't really have to have rules for everything in life. With a situation like this, surely a gentleman/ladies agreement should suffice? We can take personal responsibility here without always turning to the authorities.
It should, but for 15 years the common denominator has refused.

UT told someone that decided to leave the planet as a result of this stuff that the situation would calm down. Maybe he has already taken some action.

Last edited:

Mazz22

Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly. It just does not seem to be happening in this case.

spacecrime

Reaction score
I have said this before, but people need to use the ignore feature. It is available for this reason to stop posters who can't get along no matter the reason.
Thanks for addressing this, and I agree with what you say about the ignore feature. But what is happening isn't about two posters. This is one poster and it isn't about Brady. The thread that was closed wasn't about Brady, and who do you think brought up BradyBrady is the generaly the topic but it is about the manner of posting. It isn't about a disagreement around Brady. You and I disagree on a lot of topics, but as much as I disagree with you on some things (Mac Jones being unable to lift playes around him, arm strength, whatever), you always stick to what you believe, not attacking others as Midgar does and then crying the victim when he gets called on it. You are much better at sticking to football and saying what you believe better than I do. We all let frustrations boil over once in a while. But when it is constant and deliberate on one person's part, that's entirely different.

Here we have a poster who is deliberately baiting people, trying to get people to put him on ignore as some sort of weird trophy. It isn't just donkeys like me who have an issue. Take a look at who is liking posts that complain about him. These are the best, most football knowledgableposters on the forum.

Midgar/P71/I50 is a bad or worse as horfarmer with disrupting the forum which has gotten to be much less respectful and less pleasant as time goes on. One solution is to have a fistful of posters ignore him and let the forum to continue to deterioate, or simply tellin one poster to tone it down and stop with the snark. At tis point he is more of a troll than hogfarmer ever was.

Worst case scenario is that too many quality posters get tired of the baiting and trolling and find another forum for Pats fans, and then we are really the losers.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Look, I don't want to over moderate in here. I think it's been a problem when the pendulum swings to far in that direction. So I am not inclined to spell out and enforce a 'Brady Rule.' I agree with Roberto71 that people can take personal responsibility on what and what not to engage in.

As spacecrime pointed out, some of the issue is not the topic itself, but the way its debated.

So most of what I say next is simply as another member and my opinion. I think it's best when the community comes together and can achieve positive direction without more silly rules.

That being said, I've had to take action when things get too far out of hand. I've not banned nor assclowned any user since our move, though on occasion, especially in the political forum, some users have had temporary reduced priveldges. I have other tools to discourage behavior as well once communication breaks down.

Anyway, regarding Brady, my Opinion is all of the silly arguments about him and what he did or didn't do and what he meant and all that should be contained so as to not derail Patriots threads. He is not, nor does he or his past have anything to do with the 2021 Patriots.

But to me, that doesn't mean he can't be mentioned. As has been pointed out in some of these arguments, it's not always the people that are the most fervent debaters that brought him up first.

But it should be possible to talk about Mac Jones and his skillset and compare it to Brady coming out of college without it turning into a debate about Brady. The topic is Mac Jones, not Brady.

Sometimes I think this is yet another problem with megathreads. There is too much in them that can go sideways and might be better served by having a new thread. The Aaron Rogers situation is a good example to me. Big topic that would do well in its own thread.

But speaking as a mod again, yes, the circular rabid attempts to turn everything into a debate do need to be toned down and some action has been taken there. If there continues to be a problem with that kind of thing, further action will be taken to reduce it.

I was not happy the other morning waking up and finding three different Patriots threads full of circular arguments about Brady and personal attacks. I was very disappointed to see users leaving the board because of it too.

I have a modification that has not been deployed that would enhance the ignore feature, but I am unsure if it would do more harm than good.

Anyway, I guess to sum it up, I am aware of the issue from all sides. Some action has been taken to reduce future occurrences, but I am not in favor of moderating too tightly what can and can not be discussed in the Circus. That is not what this board was founded on. The membership can also help by choosing not to engage, and choosing not to extend things when they get out of hand.

Thank you to everyone. I hope we can work this out and resume building up our community. The Tailgate is what sets us apart from other Patriots forums. The members and the humor are the core of what makes us special.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to clean of the Tampa thread some, by splitting a bunch of these posts out. It's not perfect.

Please, only constructive posts in this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.