Brady was close to joining Fins ownership

That would be Interesting to see.
Tom couldn't play for the Phins because Tampa still has his rights.
So Brady could be a minority owner of the Phins but have to play for another team ? (No conflict of Interest there :rolleyes:)
Could you Imagine If Brady(minorty owner of the Phins ) led Bucs to the Superbowl to face Miami led Tua.
Vegas would explode :banghead:

And all the pieces suddenly fit together.

Darth Hoodie hears from his South Beach spies that this blasphemy is brewing. He uses The Dark Side to control Flores' mind and forces him to file his law suit (while supplying "evidence" of malfeasance to inspire Flores to action).

All to block his apprentice from achieving a powerful position from which to challenge him.

Brilliant, devious bastard.

A lot more insight here, none of it makes Brady look any good.

This basically confirms Brady's retirement was contrived, disingenuous, and that he never actually intended to stop playing. He was simply trying to gain personal leverage to setup his next playing situation on the terms he wanted. This reinforces the sense that everything Brady does (at least recently) is for himself at all costs; scheming, plotting, attempting to construct situations that are as favorable to him as possible with no regard for ethics or the impact it has on others.

It also explains why he left the Patriots out of his "retirement" announcement, because he never actually intended to retire. It was fake, faux, made-up, a lie in an attempt to get to Miami. Are any of his relationships or behavior in the public eye real, genuine, sincere? Or is it all entirely transactional and solely for the purpose of his own expediency? Dude has jumped headfirst into Tom Cruise territory.

The Dolphins’ offer was just Brady’s way of getting out of Tampa. He was under contract with the Buccaneers as a player, but they couldn’t stop him from becoming an executive. Once Brady was in Miami, and once the Buccaneers had found a replacement at quarterback, the Dolphins could have approached the Bucs about trade compensation to let Brady come out of retirement and play quarterback.

Sean Payton, the former Saints coach who resigned Jan. 25, also was going to be involved, as first reported by Florio Feb. 28. Brady and Payton have had a relationship over 20 years in the NFL, and they share an agent in Don Yee. Brady was close to joining the Saints in 2020 before Drew Brees decided to return for another year. Per the league source, if Brady was going to run the Dolphins, he was going to do it only with a veteran coach that he trusted, such as Payton. Payton acknowledged when he resigned from the Saints that he intended to coach again soon.

On the morning of Feb. 1, Brady announced his retirement — except that he never actually used that word. He said he was “not going to make that competitive commitment anymore.” His choice of words was deliberate. Just hours later, on Feb. 1, Flores filed his lawsuit against the Dolphins and the NFL alleging racial discrimination, as well as making explosive allegations against Ross of trying to lose games intentionally and of tampering with a certain star quarterback. The lawsuit messed up everything, per the source. The plan to hire a white coach and a white team president without going through the Rooney Rule probably wouldn’t fly once the Dolphins were sued for racial discrimination. Flores’s accusations of tanking and tampering put the issue of cellphones and discovery at play for Ross and Brady. The lawsuit simply brought too much heat to the situation, and Ross and Brady had to call off the arrangement.

On March 12, he traveled to the United Kingdom to take in a Manchester United soccer match. Man U is owned by the Glazer family, which also owns the Buccaneers. On March 13, Brady announced that he was coming back to the Buccaneers. His announcement came three days before the start of free agency, allowing the Bucs to use Brady as a recruiting tool. The final chapter was written March 30, when the Buccaneers announced that Arians was stepping down as head coach and giving way to Bowles, who was the team’s defensive coordinator. Every other Bucs coach remained in place, including Leftwich, who essentially will be the head coach on the offensive side of the ball. It’s not certain what exactly Brady and the Glazers spoke about at the soccer match. But it doesn’t take a genius to put 2 + 2 together.

Last edited:
IMHO, the headline should read "A secret plan, a bombshell lawsuit, and a soccer match: Inside Tom Brady's faux retirement"

or ...

"fake retirement", "retirement lie", "retirement farce", etc.

It makes me sad to realize just what a POS Brady has shown himself to be. I wanted him to be the fairy tale GOAT and go down in history forever as he was seen in 2019.

Instead, we now know what he really is and that sucks.

Last edited:
The veneers, the botox, and plastic surgery, the classless nouveau riche lifestyle in Florida...is there anything real or authentic about Brady these days?

Last edited:
It makes me sad to realize just what a POS Brady has shown himself to be. I wanted him to be the fairy tale GOAT and go down in history forever as he was seen isn 2019.

Instead, we now know what he really is and that sucks.
Assuming you buy the article is true. Not that the writer lied, but he was fed the typical "Dolphins were totally in on this!" line. Has Sean Payton given indication one that any of this was remotely true? Or has he said or done anything other than 'I'm in my late 50s, I've been coaching for 30 years, I'd like to sleep past 4AM, and go to my kid's soccer games?"

Assuming you buy the article is true. Not that the writer lied, but he was fed the typical "Dolphins were totally in on this!" line. Has Sean Payton given indication one that any of this was remotely true? Or has he said or done anything other than 'I'm in my late 50s, I've been coaching for 30 years, I'd like to sleep past 4AM, and go to my kid's soccer games?"

It could be inaccurate but it doesn't change the level of douche Brady has become. He is a "10" true or not.

Also, there are many stories now say thing the same things.

It walks and and quacks.

Duck.

It could be inaccurate but it doesn't change the level of douche Brady has become. He is a "10" true or not.

Also, there are many stories now say thing the same things.

It walks and and quacks.

Duck.
Dolphins were in on (supposedly):

Deshawn Watson
Julio Jones
Khalil Mack
Jalen Ramsey
Odell Beckham
Russell Wilson
Alvin Kamara
Von Miller (twice)
Tom Brady

and many, many, many more. In fact, they've been in (supposedly) on every major or free agent player or coach since Stephen Ross has owned the team. And yet, they're dogshit year after year after year.

At some point, I dunno, it's a pattern.

There's plenty to rip Brady for, when it comes to being a douchebag. I just don't have any confidence whatsoever that when a report comes out (inevitably) that 'The Dolphins were in on _________", that there is any accuracy or truth to it whatsoever.

Do I think Stephen Ross pressured Brian Flores to try to tamper and get Tom Brady to Miami, sure, that fits the brand. Do I think Brady was 'on his way to the yacht' for a meeting? No.

Dolphins were in on (supposedly):

Deshawn Watson
Julio Jones
Khalil Mack
Jalen Ramsey
Odell Beckham
Russell Wilson
Alvin Kamara
Von Miller (twice)
Tom Brady

and many, many, many more. In fact, they've been in (supposedly) on every major or free agent player or coach since Stephen Ross has owned the team. And yet, they're dogshit year after year after year.

At some point, I dunno, it's a pattern.

There's plenty to rip Brady for, when it comes to being a douchebag. I just don't have any confidence whatsoever that when a report comes out (inevitably) that 'The Dolphins were in on _________", that there is any accuracy or truth to it whatsoever.

Do I think Stephen Ross pressured Brian Flores to try to tamper and get Tom Brady to Miami, sure, that fits the brand. Do I think Brady was 'on his way to the yacht' for a meeting? No.

How many of your "examples" are included in a federal lawsuit that is gaining steam?

Last edited:
It's amazing how much you guys care about a guy you can't stand.

It's amazing how much you guys care about a guy you can't stand.
"Care"? Wrong word.

Disappointed? Yes. Annoyed? Yes.

He led us to believe that he is someone that he himself has revealed he in not. In fact, he isn't close to what he faked he was.

People don't like to be misled. Well, regular folks with perspective don't, anyway.

What is amazing I that you refuse to see the reality of what he really is. It isn't surprising at all. It is amazing.

"Care"? Wrong word.

Disappointed? Yes. Annoyed? Yes.

He led us to believe that he is someone that he himself has revealed he in not. In fact, he isn't close to what he faked he was.

People don't like to be misled. Well, regular folks with perspective don't, anyway.

What is amazing I that you refuse to see the reality of what he really is. It isn't surprising at all. It is amazing.
You take sports waaaay too seriously.

Back