Brag about your pets

i am signed up as a volunteer in my area to do rescue cat transports for a specific rescue and i think the rescue highway itself. i got my Larry from that same rescue, though i drove to WI to get him. i love doing it. have done only 1 so far but it's an awesome endeavor. when i retire, i'd love to volunteer for cat rescues more.

This is my 8 year old JRT Conan, we share the same birthday

Attachments

• Cfire.jpg
    Cfire.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 13
It is definitely not one of their best qualities. :pussy: You can readily see from the expression on my kitty's face that she'll have things one way only: HER way. Who am I to argue with that self-assurance!
So true! Pooki gets jealous when one of us comes in from work and hugs the other, before saying hello to Pooki. She hads a noise which sounds like "uff!". It basically means, "Oi! Pay me attention!".

I love that people love their pets so dearly. Keeps our heart muscles working. Why is it so much easier to be kind to the pet on the floor than the neighbor next door? Probably because politics and religion are of no interest to our four-legged brethren.

So true! Pooki gets jealous when one of us comes in from work and hugs the other, before saying hello to Pooki. She hads a noise which sounds like "uff!". It basically means, "Oi! Pay me attention!".
If my wife and I hug, Conan comes running over barking at us until one of us picks him up and includes him in the hug!

Funny you should post this today.

Today is my little buddy Liam's 5th birthday, my BFF Jo's grandson.

His grandpa has a parrot that he video chats with often and so loves it that he demanded a parrot of his birthday. Jo and his mom told him, "No they poop on you, you don't want that" :), and he was very sad.

So I bought a furby type parrot that he can take care of and one of Muse's outstanding children's books about her Amazon parrot Jasper.

Heading over shortly to see his world light up. :)

This kid calls to video chat with me every morning and before bed every night. He's a wild man, but god do I love him, he's my little bro.

View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DCNYZKG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1075671787/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Funny you should post this today.

Today is my little buddy Liam's 5th birthday, my BBF Jo's grandson.

His grandpa has a parrot that he video chats with often and so loves it that he demanded a parrot of his birthday. Jo and his mom told him, "No they they poop on you, you don't want that" :), and he was very sad.

So I bought a furby type parrot that he can take care of and one of Muse's outstanding children's books about her Amazon parrot Jasper.

Headinding over shortly to see his world light up. :)

This kid calls to video chats me every morning and before bed every night. He's a wild man, but god do I love him, he's my little bro.

View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DCNYZKG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1075671787/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wow, I didn't know that Muse was an author! Cool!

yes Muse has some very cool birds lol

I’m a dog person but have had a few outstanding felines. I’ve had 3 amazing dogs 4 if you count the one I grew up with lol. My 2 favorites as of this moment was my Jack Russel long leg wire haired Roxie she was 17 when we decided she should be put down one of the saddest days.... but the sliver lining was I was suppose to get a service dog. Well the one I chose flunked but I already fell in love. She’s perfect. I’ll post pictures this weekend.

~Dee~

yes Muse has some very cool birds lol

I’m a dog person but have had a few outstanding felines. I’ve had 3 amazing dogs 4 if you count the one I grew up with lol. My 2 favorites as of this moment was my Jack Russel long leg wire haired Roxie she was 17 when we decided she should be put down one of the saddest days.... but the sliver lining was I was suppose to get a service dog. Well the one I chose flunked but I already fell in love. She’s perfect. I’ll post pictures this weekend.

~Dee~
Mine is a shorty Jack and I call him my neurotic son but he is very loving. Jacks are special creatures.

This is Scruffy, my Maine Coon stray, who I adopted after she hung around my yard for several days. Poor thing was a mess. She was starving, had ear mites, fleas, was terribly matted, etc. I brought her to a vet to have all the necessary procedures done, including having her spayed (after the poor girl had already been spayed). She lived a long, happy life with me until she passed in 2005.

Scruffy.jpg

We’ve got 2 rescues, Max who was found living under a trailer and Maia, who’s family gave her up as a puppy because she got into the Christmas presents while her previous owners were out. Her original name was Banana (wtf) which we didn’t like so I named her Maia which happens to be banana in Hawaiian. These 2 bring so much happiness into our lives. Max is the husky and Maia is the lab/husky mix.
d07d329fa2e3c4c8a2bcf2f7dde7217d.jpg

416894b69b4aa05a0844240c730f82bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are beautiful. Some day I’ll get some pictures up of my girls. Both are rescues. I have a senoir red and white named Harper. She’s been with us since shortly after we moved in. We think she’s abiut 12. The other is an Aussie/Pitt mix that we named Maxie. She’s about 4, best way to describe her is that she looks like a what Appaloosa.

They are beautiful. Some day I’ll get some pictures up of my girls. Both are rescues. I have a senoir red and white named Harper. She’s been with us since shortly after we moved in. We think she’s abiut 12. The other is an Aussie/Pitt mix that we named Maxie. She’s about 4, best way to describe her is that she looks like a what Appaloosa.
Red and white Basset hound.

This is Scruffy, my Maine Coon stray, who I adopted after she hung around my yard for several days. Poor thing was a mess. She was starving, had ear mites, fleas, was terribly matted, etc. I brought her to a vet to have all the necessary procedures done, including having her spayed (after the poor girl had already been spayed). She lived a long, happy life with me until she passed in 2005.

View attachment 751
I love stories that have happy endings. Funny that so many animals who were once owned end up wandering around by themselves. We too took in a big orange tabby that was homeless, yet already spayed. He also hit the jackpot when he landed up under our porch. Maine Coons are a very hardy stock so not surprising she could survive life in the wild until her angel showed up. The Creator loves His creation and I'm sure that goes for animals too.

Back