Broncos' Players Vote To Skip OTAs; Other Teams Joining Them

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
even at my place we have a lockbox that holds a key so swimmers can access the pool to practice on their own and coaches can't track them because the practices are voluntary.

Mazz22

The Patriot Way was really the Brady Way
Reaction score
I like Brandon King's comment. "If Bill tells me to report, I'm reporting." There's a guy that gets it. :ROFLMAO:
I think it is stuff like this, the PA/players wanting to basically stop all the off-season programs that will force Bill from the game. I really find this absurd that they are using the Pandemic as a weapon to get the off-season all but obliterated. I really don't get it. If you are a professional, wouldn't you want to learn the playbook as soon as possible and meet with your coaches? It's not like these sessions are every day for 12 hours. They are just a few days and you can still work out on your own.

Mazz22

The Patriot Way was really the Brady Way
Reaction score
OP
chevss454

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
From Mike Reiss

6. Patriots and OTAs: A statement last week regarding how players will approach the offseason program, released through the NFL Players Association and attributed on behalf of "New England Patriots players," seemed to be a case of threading the needle. It essentially said that some players will be attending the workouts and others won't. That isn't a huge newsflash. The workouts, after all, are voluntary.
My viewpoint: Players wanted to show support to their union, and by extension, to their peers who are seeking more clarity and transparency on what the program will entail from a health and safety standpoint. But come mid-May, barring an unexpected event, I'd be surprised if the majority of the Patriots' roster isn't present.

7. Newton's bonus:
Cam Newton has a $100,000 workout bonus as part of his one-year contract, which ties him with core special-teamer Brandon King as the richest among Patriots players. Newton would forfeit that amount if he doesn't attend voluntary workouts, but after everything he said last year, he would forfeit something much more important: On-field time to work in the offensive system. In perhaps a hint that Newton will be attending on-field workouts in mid-May, he's been in town the past week working out.

8. Adams in town: Former Packers defensive tackle Montravius Adams, who signed a one-year deal with a base value of $1.095 million in New England, has been a regular visitor at Gillette Stadium over the past week as he integrates into the team's system. He has a $25,000 workout bonus as part of his contract. The 6-foot-4 and 304-pound Adams was a third-round pick in 2017 out of Auburn who hasn't met his draft-slot expectations, and the hope for him (and the Patriots) is that a fresh start helps turn things around.

OP
chevss454

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Does that mean they dont care about their team?

NSPatsFan

I'm disrespectful to dirt.
Reaction score
I'm Down From Canada and they think I'm slow Eh?
At the end of the day my #1 concern has been and will always be the health and safety of everyone in the NFL. The players, owners, coaching staffs, people who work in the stadiums, etc. I supported the players who opted out last year and I'll support the right of these people to make a decision based on their health.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Yeah, let's move this to the politics forum, some people can't behave themselves.
It did get political pretty quick. I just liked the story you said about your mom and was impressed that you were more about their protection than your own. That was it, didnt really say what anyone else would or would not do.

OSUBuckeye

Reaction score
At the end of the day my #1 concern has been and will always be the health and safety of everyone in the NFL. The players, owners, coaching staffs, people who work in the stadiums, etc. I supported the players who opted out last year and I'll support the right of these people to make a decision based on their health.
Based on health? Okay then.

Pape

Reaction score
Does that mean they dont care about their team?

whats the story morning glory?

Thought you were splitsville ... on the last train to clarksville ... that you made like a tree and left...

inquiring minds and all that...

Inspector_50

Reaction score

Thought you were splitsville ... on the last train to clarksville ... that you made like a tree and left...

Changed my mind, was a bit peeved that night, but there is a post for that, you can go over there and join in on the fun.

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score

Amen. If only...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro