Browner

I don't think that we need him, I thought we might this season, but the secondary this season was outstanding. Plus Browner is now a PI magnet, even more so than in his time in NE.

He was absolutely horrible this season. Dreadful. No way.

Oh and there is this. Instead of trying to make the tackle of the GUY WITH THE BALL, he peels off to hit a lineman blindside.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">VIDEO:<br>Brandon Browner apparently going for cheap shot instead of the tackle.<br>Saints are a mess!<a href="https://twitter.com/scottshanle">@scottshanle</a> <a href="https://t.co/ET1Yjnumn3">pic.twitter.com/ET1Yjnumn3</a></p>— Fletcher Mackel (@FletcherMackel) <a href="https://twitter.com/FletcherMackel/status/666057685486338048">November 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wouldn't surprise me to see him back with the Seachickens next season.

When he was a Saint, did he have any any help? Their defense was terrible...Rob Ryan was fired for being so bad.

Honestly the only good thing I remember him doing for the Patriots two years ago was on the Butler pick. He wasn't as bad as he was with the Saints but definitely not worth the money. Maybe it's time for him to consider making a switch to Safety?

Are the Patriots really looking for a player to pay $5 mil a year that gives the opposition at least 15 yards a game?

Are the Patriots really looking for a player to pay $5 mil a year that gives the opposition at least 15 yards a game?

I don't think any team is going to give Browner $5 million. That ship has sailed. He's gonna have to play for a whole lot less than that from here on out.

I don't think any team is going to give Browner $5 million. That ship has sailed. He's gonna have to play for a whole lot less than that from here on out.

Strong safety would be a good fit for him...or some hybrid type of linebacker.

Hell no. We don't need that penalty machine back. I think it was recorded that this season alone he commited 27 penalties.

No, for all the reasons mentioned above. We had far better CBs on IR this year and I'd much rather see Tarell Brown re-signed.

Nope I'm happy with Terrell brown. He was having a good start to landing on IR. I didn't miss all his DPI flags .

Few thoughts here.

1) Browner had a MUCH better post-season than Revis
2) Browner is the one that alerted Butler that the pick play was coming and then broke up the pick allowing Butler to undercut the route. Browner is as much a hero for that play as Butler.
3) I don't want Browner back because our current CBs are better than him, younger and cheaper.
4) I wish Browner the best as he brought the heat last year even if he was penalized a lot. His swagger was much needed. He has two rings so at this point he can do whatever he wants. I would imagine he will be begging Carroll to come back to the LoB.

Honestly the only good thing I remember him doing for the Patriots two years ago was on the Butler pick. He wasn't as bad as he was with the Saints but definitely not worth the money. Maybe it's time for him to consider making a switch to Safety?

He played Matthews pretty well in the 2nd half including breaking up a deep ball on what would've been a TD a couple of plays before the Kearse catch.

Agree we don't need him back though.

including breaking up a deep ball on what would've been a TD a couple of plays before the Kearse catch.

That could well have been a pick, and I was disappointed that it wasn't.

Cheers, BostonTim

That could well have been a pick, and I was disappointed that it wasn't.

Cheers, BostonTim

If he could catch he'd be a receiver.

Coulda been a TD, coulda been an INT. I was happy with a wash.

Back