bs thread

tonyto36

Reaction score
13 pages of bullsh!t moved today... hope this cleans up the threads

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko · Apr 1
So <s>#</s>patriots offered McClain even more money and still didn't get him. That type of money shows me they're looking for starting caliber LB

Eh I'm not so sure. I think they saw McClain as a possible young all pro calibre guy they could have signed for tremendous value, but I don't think they're committed to getting a long term starting LB right now. Hightower and Mayo are both coming back from pretty substantial surgeries and recoveries and Mayo is likely cut next year so any potential long and short term options will be considered. McClain could have been both and a mega high upside signing.

In the end it just seems he was leveraging Dallas and was never leaving anyways.

Eh I'm not so sure. I think they saw McClain as a possible young all pro calibre guy they could have signed for tremendous value, but I don't think they're committed to getting a long term starting LB right now. Hightower and Mayo are both coming back from pretty substantial surgeries and recoveries and Mayo is likely cut next year so any potential long and short term options will be considered. McClain could have been both and a mega high upside signing.

In the end it just seems he was leveraging Dallas and was never leaving anyways.

Holy crap.

You've spent pages defending your Mayo position, only to echo now?

I don't see any other way to look at it. He's a starter and the Pats wanted him enough to up their original offer. Starting caliber is what they were after.

What is it? 12 weeks ago today we woke up to this story...
I truly feel we are going to learn of a conspiracy of epic sports proportions. And that this conspiracy will blow our minds, we will find out the true hatred out thier of our team. It will be just a little headline because of the ramifications that will happen with NFL sponsors Heads will roll, but not all at once, and it will be the beginning of the fall from grace of the NFL.
I think you're going just a wee bit overboard here.

The very best case scenario from a Patriots' fan perspective is that Kensll gets fired. Maybe it will be shown he acted inappropriately or maybe the Commissioner will simply be pissed off at him. I know that I would be pretty pissed off if someone who worked under me got a phone call alleging cheating prior to the Conference Championship game and didn't bother to actually tell me.

I am not getting my hopes up that he will be fired the day the report comes out or anything like that because that would reflect poorly on the league as an admission of guilt, but maybe within the next year or so he will conveniently decide to retire.

So he has the Patriots guilty without the conclusion of an investigation IMO

The Patriots know their innocent so what's Florio trying to say here?
I don't see Florio saying the Patriots are guilty. He is hedging his words very carefully. Anyone being honest would have to admit the realistic possibility that the Patriots did nothing wrong, but they still get hit with an equipment violation (although I don't think an equipment violation would result in the loss of draft picks).

I don't see draft weekend as any sort of deadline. I think we are at the point where no matter what, it is too close to the draft to take away any 2015 picks. If there is any loss of draft picks, like the Falcons, it will be from the 2016 draft.

Plus, we know the investigation is about more than just the Patriots. I have no problem with Wells taking all the sweet time he needs to look into the corruption at the NFL front office.

Florio is already on record as saying the Pats did nothing wrong but he recognizes the same thing we do...the NFL needs to come up with something to justify this expensive Wells investigation and the NFL will not be denied.

Personally, I think the Wells report will be released the weekend of the draft since that's something the NFL would do.
I don't believe the NFL has any say in when the report is released but even if they did, why would they select draft weekend? They would not want the report overshadowing their own event.

My original prediction was a Friday in mid-April, the 10th or the 17th. I see no reason to deviate from that now.

I don't believe the NFL has any say in when the report is released but even if they did, why would they select draft weekend? They would not want the report overshadowing their own event.

My original prediction was a Friday in mid-April, the 10th or the 17th. I see no reason to deviate from that now.

Huh? The NFL is in complete control of that report imo. Who do you think controls it?

Why draft wkend? To minimize any bad PR with a Friday late afternoon release on a weekend chock full of NFL news. It's what the NFL did with Ray Rice reports on 2 different occasions. Peterson, too.

Huh? The NFL is in complete control of that report imo. Who do you think controls it?

Why draft wkend? To minimize any bad PR with a Friday late afternoon release on a weekend chock full of NFL news. It's what the NFL did with Ray Rice reports on 2 different occasions. Peterson, too.

Yeah I agree. The NFL may have no control over when Wells finishes his work and hands in his report. From their I don't see why Godd-ell can'y shove it under his fat ass and sit on it for as long as he wants.

Cheers, BostonTim

Ted Wells was hired as an independent investigator and, as such, he control the timetable for the release.
Why draft wkend? To minimize any bad PR with a Friday late afternoon release on a weekend chock full of NFL news.
How does that minimize bad PR to have the report overshadowing the draft? If anything, that maximizes the bad PR and takes away from something that should be a positive.
It's what the NFL did with Ray Rice reports on 2 different occasions. Peterson, too.
Whuh huh whuh??? I don't think the NFL had much influence over when TMZ showed us all the Ray Rice video or Adrian Peterson photos.

Yeah I agree. The NFL may have no control over when Wells finishes his work and hands in his report. From their I don't see why Godd-ell can'y shove it under his fat ass and sit on it for as long as he wants.
Because Roger Goodell has 32 bosses, all of whom are going to want to see the report the moment it is completed.

Ted Wells was hired as an independent investigator and, as such, he control the timetable for the release.
How does that minimize bad PR to have the report overshadowing the draft? If anything, that maximizes the bad PR and takes away from something that should be a positive.
Whuh huh whuh??? I don't think the NFL had much influence over when TMZ showed us all the Ray Rice video or Adrian Peterson photos.

What scares me is Ted Wells is out of New York, probably a Jets fan too

What scares me is Ted Wells is out of New York, probably a Jets fan too
I don't know where he grew up, but he got his undergrad from Holy Cross in Worcester and studied law at Harvard, so he also has a New England background.

I highly doubt his college days or his current residence will bias his investigation.

Because Roger Goodell has 32 bosses, all of whom are going to want to see the report the moment it is completed.

Release to 32 bosses has nothing to do with any public release.

Release to 32 bosses has nothing to do with any public release.
Of course it does. Every additional person that gets the report exponentially increases the chances of it leaking to the public. You can't honestly think that 32 owners are all going to keep it a secret?

No matter what the report says, some owners are going to want it released because of what it proves/disproves. They is zero chance they all get their hands on it and all keep it to themselves.

Of course it does. Every additional person that gets the report exponentially increases the chances of it leaking to the public. You can't honestly think that 32 owners are all going to keep it a secret?

No matter what the report says, some owners are going to want it released because of what it proves/disproves. They is zero chance they all get their hands on it and all keep it to themselves.

We'll agree to disagree. I 100% believe Wells works for the NFL and his report will be handed to Goodell in person. When he and Goodell have gone over the findings, Wells' job is done. When Goodell chooses to release the report is up to him. As with the Ray Rice thing, Goodell will likely have a Friday afternoon presser when he is good and ready, TMZ or no TMZ.

We'll agree to disagree. I 100% believe Wells works for the NFL and his report will be handed to Goodell in person. When he and Goodell have gone over the findings, Wells' job is done. When Goodell chooses to release the report is up to him. As with the Ray Rice thing, Goodell will likely have a Friday afternoon presser when he is good and ready, TMZ or no TMZ.
You're confusing issues. There was no report on Ray Rice back when Goodell had his famous Friday press conference (the Mueller report would come out 17 weeks later). Goodell's press conference was in response to TMZ, which I assume you'll agree the NFL has no control over.

Goodell has 32 bosses that are going to want to see that report. It won't even take a full hour for word to get out that the report has been completed and those 32 men are going to want to see it.

EDIT: Furthermore, the public pressure will be beyond enormous. Fans will not tolerate sitting on this thing either.

You're confusing issues. There was no report on Ray Rice back when Goodell had his famous Friday press conference (the Mueller report would come out 17 weeks later). Goodell's press conference was in response to TMZ, which I assume you'll agree the NFL has no control over.

Goodell has 32 bosses that are going to want to see that report. It won't even take a full hour for word to get out that the report has been completed and those 32 men are going to want to see it.

EDIT: Furthermore, the public pressure will be beyond enormous. Fans will not tolerate sitting on this thing either.

TMZ's tape hit the internet Sept 8. Goodell's presser was Friday Sept. 19.

I'm not confused one bit. Goodell waited til he was good and ready (and probably after he consulted a few owners & lawyers) to have his presser.

Now, let me ask you, if you owned the Colts, wouldn't you want to know what was in the Wells Report before your fans did? I mean, if the Colts were incriminated, wouldn't you want a few days to prepare your spin control? Yes you would and Goodell had better keep his employers happy.

TMZ's tape hit the internet Sept 8. Goodell's presser was Friday Sept. 19.

I'm not confused one bit. Goodell waited til he was good and ready (and probably after he consulted a few owners & lawyers) to have his presser.
I am not talking about if/when Goodell is going to have a press conference to discuss the report. I'm taking about the report itself. He has hardly any real control over that.
Now, let me ask you, if you owned the Colts, wouldn't you want to know what was in the Wells Report before your fans did? I mean, if the Colts were incriminated, wouldn't you want a few days to prepare your spin control? Yes you would and Goodell had better keep his employers happy.
That may be what the Colts scumbag owner wants.

So let me pose a similar question: if you owned the Patriots and you just got a .pdf which completely exonerated you, wouldn't you leak it to a Schefter or Florio? Patriots would do that in a heartbeat, just like how they slammed the Kelly Naqi report way back.

Like I said.... No matter what the Wells Report concludes, some owner is going to want to get it out there ASAP.

I am not talking about if/when Goodell is going to have a press conference to discuss the report. I'm taking about the report itself. He has hardly any real control over that.
That may be what the Colts scumbag owner wants.

So let me pose a similar question: if you owned the Patriots and you just got a .pdf which completely exonerated you, wouldn't you leak it to a Schefter or Florio? Patriots would do that in a heartbeat, just like how they slammed the Kelly Naqi report way back.

Like I said.... No matter what the Wells Report concludes, some owner is going to want to get it out there ASAP.

Who do think controls the release of the Wells report if Goodell/NFL doesn't?

Back