Bucs Secure Seed - Brady throws 43 Tds

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your point?

Brady did a lot more in that 24-point comeback than Jones did in that complete debacle against the Bills.

Not the game to dance on Brady's grave. It took a lot of balls and determination to tie that game. The defensive call on that last play was colossally stupid and cost the Bucs a shot at OT.
And they still lost ....... It's a team sport Brady has a better surrounding cast .......

I was responding to another post my point if you get credit for all the wins then you should get equal time for loses. And are you seriously comparing a first year player to a twenty year player.

~Dee~

Last edited:
And they still lost ....... It's a team sport Brady has a better surrounding cast .......

I was responding to another post my point if you get credit for all the wins then you should get equal time for loses. And are you seriously comparing a first year player to a twenty year player.

~Dee~
Yes I'm comparing. I can't control their respective experience in the NFL.

Brady is way down on the list of reasons why the Bucs lost yesterday. Unless I witness another quarterback do it routinely for an extended length of time like Brady, I'm sticking with he is the only quarterback in the NFL that could have made up that 24-point deficit against that ridiculously stacked Rams' defense.

Yes I'm comparing. I can't control their respective experience in the NFL.

Brady is way down on the list of reasons why the Bucs lost yesterday. Unless I witness another quarterback do it routinely for an extended length of time like Brady, I'm sticking with he is the only quarterback in the NFL that could have made up that 24-point deficit against that ridiculously stacked Rams' defense.
You can control expectations.....Bradys long in the tooth and maybe he'll be around next year. And I beg to differ Brady was awful yesterday take off the rose colored glasses.

~Dee~

You can control expectations.....Bradys long in the tooth and maybe he'll be around next year. And I beg to differ Brady was awful yesterday take off the rose colored glasses.

~Dee~
Oh please you were probably raving about how "spectacular Jones was against Buffalo."

Brady gets a B+ for that comeback
Jones gets a C- against Buffalo with those garbage time TD's

Oh please you were probably raving about how "spectacular Jones was against Buffalo."

Brady gets a B+ for that comeback
Jones gets a C- against Buffalo with those garbage time TD's
Excuse me, you in your own words know nothing about me.
Youre more then welcome to Bradys B+

Honestly don’t care about Brady for the most part he was a great player for us but he choose to move on and Im ok with that I wish him well but don’t care. And once again I was responding here to someone else. And this is my last response here cause I quite frankly don’t give a damn. Some friendly professional advice you should work on your people skills.

~Dee~

that it's silly to say bb is nothing without tb due to tampa's playoff wins.
Who said just that? We have an career spanning decades to evaluate Belichick. He won BIG TIME with Brady. He's won NOTHING without him. Brady has won BIG TIME with or without Belichick.

Honestly don’t care about Brady for the most part he was a great player for us but he choose to move on and Im ok with that I wish him well but don’t care.
You make it sound like Brady blew off the Patriots. That's not what happened. The team (i.e. Belichick) didn't offer him a contract representative of a genuine belief and commitment to the player. Therefore Brady understandably looked for an opportunity elsewhere.

Who said just that? We have an career spanning decades to evaluate Belichick. He won BIG TIME with Brady. He's won NOTHING without him. Brady has won BIG TIME with or without Belichick.

You make it sound like Brady blew off the Patriots. That's not what happened. The team (i.e. Belichick) didn't offer him a contract representative of a genuine belief and commitment to the player. Therefore Brady understandably looked for an opportunity elsewhere.
no one. but garoppolo is an average type qb in a good situation. the fact he has qbed more playoff wins than "bb has without tb" also shows that situation is important. tb hand picked his sitch and players to what makes him look best. as any f.a. player has the right to do.
and yes, he blew off the pats. so what? it's how things work in the nfl. i have 0 problem with players leaving if they feel that's best for them. the fact he wanted to leave is fine. his being a douche his last season which affected the team? not so much.

What's your point?

Brady did a lot more in that 24-point comeback than Jones did in that complete debacle against the Bills.

Not the game to dance on Brady's grave. It took a lot of balls and determination to tie that game. The defensive call on that last play was colossally stupid and cost the Bucs a shot at OT.

Comments from the peanut gallery and the Tom Brady Super Duper fan club not withstanding, I'll fucking dance on whatever grave whenever I want to. Mazz, your queen, said herself that Brady doesn't need a coach so why did he let Arians bring the house to get Stafford from the middle of the field and cover no one? I really hope you're beside yourself with depression right now that he doesn't get to push your narrative any further forward and that coaching does, in fact, matter. And since it looks like he's retiring that will leave you without a team to root for because you sure as hell are not a Patriots fan.

Last edited:
Therefore Brady understandably looked for an opportunity elsewhere.
I noticed that you did not mention that Tampa Bay was NOT his first choice... He went to San Fran first but they decided to stick with Jimmy G causing Brady to say during some interview that "You're sticking with THAT fucking guy?" Tampa fell into his lap and he noticed they were stacked except for the chuckle head they had at QB so he said why not? Believe it or not, teams were not knocking down his door to acquire him and he took less then what Kraft offered him...

What's your point?
I can't speak for HS, but the point is probably that there are QBs in the NFL other than Brady who are capable of having success and winning games. Brady is really good, the best ever because of his incredibly consistency, longevity, and everything mental/physical he does. I love him to death. But he didn't wave a wand to make his teams (or himself) great. It took a lot of hard work, execution, and talent from many people.

Not sure I agree with this. Less of a slight at Brady - he had a good, not great game. But I thought Mac had a very impressive performance against Buffalo all things considered. The second INT was a questionable decision but beyond that, he had a good game, and specifically showed improvement regarding footwork, mechanics, weight transfer, and knowing when to drive the ball as opposed to putting touch on it. I felt as positive about Mac's future as ever after that game.

This statement is ironic in light of your Mac slander after the Buffalo game. I would say the same to you: Not the game to dance on Mac's grave. His performance, in the bitter cold, on the road, facing a darn good defense, took a lot of balls and determination. He didn't pack it in, he kept fighting like hell until the end of the game, and if the defense had been semi-competent Mac may have given them a shot to get back in it. Reiss said that was one of Mac's better games of the season and he was one of the top competitors that night; I wholly agree with Reiss.

A helpful tip: Brady slander doesn't really exist here. There is no Patriots fan in their right mind who would slander that man. What does exist is some pushback against the narrative that Brady is the sole, exclusive reason for the Patriots' 20 years of unprecedented success; pushback against the notion that Belichick isn't any good at his job and was carried entirely by Brady; pushback against the notion that Brady, by his mere presence, can magically transform a team into a champion; pushback against the notion that other roles on the team, be it any of the other 52 players, or coaching staff, or personnel management, are meaningless and the only thing that matters is having some magical QB.

I guess that's what happens when you've been part of a community for fewer than two weeks and thrust yourself into conversations in a pugnacious manner, without taking the time to get a feel for the lay of the land, or making any effort to find common ground / form connections with other posters based on mutual goodwill. There are some people on this forum with whom I disagree but generally we are still good natured and get along despite those disagreements (be it related to football, politics, favorite Thanksgiving dish, etc). It's becoming apparent that mutual goodwill isn't on your agenda.

Last edited:
Let's be frank, Tom Brady did not force Cam Akers to fumble and turn the ball over, he did not force Kupp to fumble and turn over the ball and he was not under centre as far as I'm aware and snapped the ball way over Staffords head for another turnover. And he was not the Rams kicker as far as I'm aware who missed a standard 47 yard FG.

The Rams were coasting and then made a load of totally unforced errors that allowed the Buccs back in. Now credit to Brady for seizing that window of opportunity, but he did not force the Rams to go clown car all of a sudden.

The Brady fanboys are in such a cult place with him that I guarantee that many believe that Tom's super aura somehow contributed to pressure on the Rams forcing the mistakes...

The MO here of the fanbois is that any even slight chip at Brady translates to you being a "Brady Hater". You say something factually like Brady's attitude in 2019 was not what it should have been and you're hit with a barrage of pearl-clutching hysteria. How dare you say that after 20 years. There is no reasoned debate with the Mazz's, Middys of this world. They will counter zero criticism of their hero.

Last edited:
no one. but garoppolo is an average type qb in a good situation. the fact he has qbed more playoff wins than "bb has without tb" also shows that situation is important. tb hand picked his sitch and players to what makes him look best. as any f.a. player has the right to do.
and yes, he blew off the pats. so what? it's how things work in the nfl. i have 0 problem with players leaving if they feel that's best for them. the fact he wanted to leave is fine. his being a douche his last season which affected the team? not so much.
Tampa Bay hadn't won even a single playoff game in 18 seasons preceding Brady's arrival so he wasn't exactly entering into a playoff ready situation.

We disagree on the circumstances of Brady's departure from New England. Prior to the 2019 season Brady was vocal about his desire for a commitment from the team. He didn't get it so they constructed a contract that permitted him to become a free agent. I don't understand where you're getting "he blew off the team." Please elaborate.

That Brady was a "douche" during the 2019 season is an overplayed narrative as well. I don't recall any instances of unprofessionalism or a lack of commitment to delivering his best for the team. I do think he probably found it to be a mentally draining season because he knew it would be his last in New England and he suspected the team wasn't good enough to make a post season run.

The Rams were coasting and then made a load of totally unforced errors that allowed the Buccs back in. Now credit to Brady for seizing that window of opportunity, but he did not force the Rams to go clown car all of a sudden.
Who wouldn't agree with what you're saying here? The Rams made mistakes and Brady capitalized on his opportunities.

The Brady fanboys are in such a cult place with him that I guarantee that many believe that Tom's super aura somehow contributed to pressure on the Rams forcing the mistakes...
Likewise the In Bill We Trusters actually believe Belichick supposedly staring down Carroll on the sideline somehow caused Wilson to drill that pass into Butler's chest.

Comments from the peanut gallery and the Tom Brady Super Duper fan club not withstanding, I'll fucking dance on whatever grave whenever I want to. Mazz, your queen, said herself that Brady doesn't need a coach so why did he let Arians bring the house to get Stafford from the middle of the field and cover no one? I really hope you're beside yourself with depression right now that he doesn't get to push your narrative any further forward and that coaching does, in fact, matter. And since it looks like he's retiring that will leave you without a team to root for because you sure as hell are not a Patriots fan.
Coaching does in fact matter as we know all too well from Super Bowl 52.

To answer your ridiculous question... Brady's not aware of the defensive calls during the game. And even if he was, do you really believe he's in a position of overruling Todd Bowles? That falls on the HC.

Brady fans aren't hanging their heads either. He put the ball in the end zone on his last two drives to tie the score with 40 seconds left. Another clutch performance. Unfortunately the defense blew it on two really awful plays. Obviously too entering that contest the Rams were the better team.

I also doubt Brady's retiring. I think he knows he'd regret having retired when he's still at the top of his game. Which may be inevitable anyway since he's not showing any signs of decline and he's probably looking at one, maybe two more seasons. He's not playing to age 50. Most likely he'll come back for one more season.

I noticed that you did not mention that Tampa Bay was NOT his first choice... He went to San Fran first but they decided to stick with Jimmy G causing Brady to say during some interview that "You're sticking with THAT fucking guy?" Tampa fell into his lap and he noticed they were stacked except for the chuckle head they had at QB so he said why not? Believe it or not, teams were not knocking down his door to acquire him and he took less then what Kraft offered him...
I don't think we have actual confirmation of everything you're saying here... Brady's first choice, the SF situation, or the amount of teams that were interested in Brady. Also, my understanding is he made that comment about Tannehill.

As I said before, I don't believe the Patriots, Kraft, Belichick or whomever extends such offers, ever made an offer representative of a genuine commitment to Brady.

Not sure I agree with this. Less of a slight at Brady - he had a good, not great game. But I thought Mac had a very impressive performance against Buffalo all things considered. The second INT was a questionable decision but beyond that, he had a good game, and specifically showed improvement regarding footwork, mechanics, weight transfer, and knowing when to drive the ball as opposed to putting touch on it. I felt as positive about Mac's future as ever after that game.
The Patriots got wiped out completely in the wild card game. Jones had two picks and a quarterback rating of 40 to the midway point of the 3rd quarter. He threw his TD passes when the score was 33-3 and 47-10. You're really digging deep talking about his mechanics in massive blow out.

Brady had his struggles against the Rams but that bomb to Evans and the subsequent game-tying score on his final two possessions were vintage clutch performance by Brady. Clearly Brady was still making plays of consequence to the very end of that game. The Patriots were already in garbage time with 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. It's difficult take anything good from that game.

This statement is ironic in light of your Mac slander after the Buffalo game. I would say the same to you: Not the game to dance on Mac's grave. His performance, in the bitter cold, on the road, facing a darn good defense, took a lot of balls and determination. He didn't pack it in, he kept fighting like hell until the end of the game, and if the defense had been semi-competent Mac may have given them a shot to get back in it. Reiss said that was one of Mac's better games of the season and he was one of the top competitors that night; I wholly agree with Reiss.
This is more of the same here. Of the Patriots first 5 possessions they got over 50 yards once (53) and ended INT, Punt, Punt, FG, INT. The second INT, which came on Jones' first pass attempt of the second half, was a game sealer. The defense was awful, as were the special teams, but the offense didn't do anything either until the game was effectively over.

I don't understand or agree with giving players credit for continuing to play either. After all that's their job, to give it their all for 60 minutes. When players fall short of that they should be called out for it.

That Reiss said that was one of Jones' best games, I'm not sure who that says less of, Jones or Reiss?

A helpful tip: Brady slander doesn't really exist here. There is no Patriots fan in their right mind who would slander that man. What does exist is some pushback against the narrative that Brady is the sole, exclusive reason for the Patriots' 20 years of unprecedented success; pushback against the notion that Belichick isn't any good at his job and was carried entirely by Brady; pushback against the notion that Brady, by his mere presence, can magically transform a team into a champion; pushback against the notion that other roles on the team, be it any of the other 52 players, or coaching staff, or personnel management, are meaningless and the only thing that matters is having some magical QB.
There seems to be a decent amount of Brady dislike here. You're also saying a bunch of things there that aren't necessarily being said by "team Brady."

In summary MY position is that the Patriots would not have won any Super Bowls without Brady. Like theoretically the team stayed committed to that horrific 10-year Bledsoe contract. I think it's fair to even speculate that Belichick may not have made it another 2-3 losing seasons with Bledsoe. But Mo Lewis happened and we know the rest of that unprecedented 18-season stretch.

I just think if you're slicing up a credit pie for the importance to the Patriots' success then Brady's getting the largest slice, which if removed collapses the entire structure. Many others made meaningful contributions over that duration of time but the only on field constant was Brady. Now Tampa Bay pretty much looks a lot like New England except for the offense has been consistently more explosive. And the HC is starting to look a bit like a loose cannon, Woody Hayes-ish. He's also threatening to resume play calling duties if the OC leaves... can't imagine Brady's too keen on that.

I guess that's what happens when you've been part of a community for fewer than two weeks and thrust yourself into conversations in a pugnacious manner, without taking the time to get a feel for the lay of the land, nor making any attempt to find common ground / form connections with other posters based on mutual goodwill. There are some people on this forum with whom I disagree but generally we are still good natured and get along despite those disagreements (be it related to football, politics, favorite Thanksgiving dish, etc). It's becoming apparent that mutual goodwill isn't on your agenda.
Conjuring up common ground seems disingenuous. I'm giving honest takes which aren't intended on being anything other than my point of view. I don't see the point in modulating my tone or whatever to supposedly curry favor with whomever. In some cases it clearly wouldn't matter anyway based on some of the immediate visceral responses to my posts. I'm good with putting my opinions out there and if anyone reciprocates then that's great. The rest of it will sort out over time.

Tampa Bay hadn't won even a single playoff game in 18 seasons preceding Brady's arrival so he wasn't exactly entering into a playoff ready situation.

We disagree on the circumstances of Brady's departure from New England. Prior to the 2019 season Brady was vocal about his desire for a commitment from the team. He didn't get it so they constructed a contract that permitted him to become a free agent. I don't understand where you're getting "he blew off the team." Please elaborate.

That Brady was a "douche" during the 2019 season is an overplayed narrative as well. I don't recall any instances of unprofessionalism or a lack of commitment to delivering his best for the team. I do think he probably found it to be a mentally draining season because he knew it would be his last in New England and he suspected the team wasn't good enough to make a post season run.
It happened. The team went 9-0 and he was surly and not himself in post-game pressers etc. And he wasn't happy with his surrounding players. There were disturbing comments from rookie receivers about Tom not talking to them or really interested in working with them. Hawg of this forum and others who were at the games said he was clearly throwing the ball away in games rather than risk getting hit, he was playing to protect himself so he'd be healthy to walk away and play on another team. You can say well he deserved that after 20 years, he shouldn't be criticised, but it seemed unprofessional and very un-Brady like.
Who wouldn't agree with what you're saying here? The Rams made mistakes and Brady capitalized on his opportunities
You and others are trying to say this was a Brady led comeback, it wasn't. It was a Ram mini-collapse. Tom was pretty woeful for the bulk of the game.
Likewise the In Bill We Trusters actually believe Belichick supposedly staring down Carroll on the sideline somehow caused Wilson to drill that pass into Butler's chest.
Nobody has said that. Next.

To answer your ridiculous question... Brady's not aware of the defensive calls during the game. And even if he was, do you really believe he's in a position of overruling Todd Bowles? That falls on the HC.

Brady fans aren't hanging their heads either. He put the ball in the end zone on his last two drives to tie the score with 40 seconds left. Another clutch performance. Unfortunately the defense blew it on two really awful plays. Obviously too entering that contest the Rams were the better team.
I note you're not mentioning his INT. it was kind of important....And he threw for one TD in the game.
I also doubt Brady's retiring. I think he knows he'd regret having retired when he's still at the top of his game. Which may be inevitable anyway since he's not showing any signs of decline and he's probably looking at one, maybe two more seasons. He's not playing to age 50. Most likely he'll come back for one more season.
You should listen to his latest podcast, He is saying his wife and kids need him and hate seeing him get hit and he has to think of them now. And he is proud and satisfied with the season.
I don't think we have actual confirmation of everything you're saying here... Brady's first choice, the SF situation, or the amount of teams that were interested in Brady. Also, my understanding is he made that comment about Tannehill.

As I said before, I don't believe the Patriots, Kraft, Belichick or whomever extends such offers, ever made an offer representative of a genuine commitment to Brady.
Brady was offered a very good deal in 2018 and he turned it down. He never even gave Bill a chance to make an offer after the 2019 season.

It happened. The team went 9-0 and he was surly and not himself in post-game pressers etc. And he wasn't happy with his surrounding players. There were disturbing comments from rookie receivers about Tom not talking to them or really interested in working with them. Hawg of this forum and others who were at the games said he was clearly throwing the ball away in games rather than risk getting hit, he was playing to protect himself so he'd be healthy to walk away and play on another team. You can say well he deserved that after 20 years, he shouldn't be criticised, but it seemed unprofessional and very un-Brady like.
I was also at those games and I don't concur with the point view stated here. I've not heard this theory before, that Brady was protecting himself for the future. It's entirely opposed to everything we know about Brady, his fierce competitive nature and incredible desire to win. There's just no way he was essentially throwing away an entire season. I've also never seen a single quote from any of his former teammates questioning his leadership or intense singular commitment to the team.

You and others are trying to say this was a Brady led comeback, it wasn't. It was a Ram mini-collapse. Tom was pretty woeful for the bulk of the game.
Did you see that bomb to Evans? They absolutely needed that play at that time because they had already used their timeouts and were down 14 with under 4 minutes left. That was vintage Brady. He also was down to Brate in the slot for that 4th quarter with only two healthy receivers left, one being Scotty Miller. It was a valiant effort by Brady considering the overall circumstances at that point in the game.

I note you're not mentioning his INT. it was kind of important....And he threw for one TD in the game.
Brady's INT was of little consequence considering the Rams did not get any points out of it.

You should listen to his latest podcast, He is saying his wife and kids need him and hate seeing him get hit and he has to think of them now. And he is proud and satisfied with the season.
I read the quotes. He can say whatever he wants about his family. If he retires, which I highly doubt he will, then it will be because he's all done with Arians and he doesn't think he can make another run at a championship with Tampa Bay. Privately he probably wants to finish out his career with a couple of seasons in SF.

Brady was offered a very good deal in 2018 and he turned it down. He never even gave Bill a chance to make an offer after the 2019 season.
Where are you getting this information?

Who wouldn't agree with what you're saying here? The Rams made mistakes and Brady capitalized on his opportunities.

one second search below.
and where did all the wickersham stuff come from? we've heard nothing from wickersham about the pats since 2019. it makes you wonder.

Where are you getting this information?
In TC in 2019, Tom was offered 2 years and $53 Million. He turned down and opted instead for essentially a bump in pay for 2019 with no franchise talk so he could walk after the 2019 season.

As per Jeff Howe as reported in the Globe. And aside from the money, Bill did try and give Tom weapons. He drafted a receiver, Harry, in the first round. He signed Demaryius Thomas and he signed Antonio Brown.

one second search below.
and where did all the wickersham stuff come from? we've heard nothing from wickersham about the pats since 2019. it makes you wonder.

I asked for quotes from actual teammates and you give me "Greg Bedard said...", which obviously is not proof of anything.

I don't believe the collective locker room, or even a small fraction, was "relieved with Brady's departure." Their offense was an embarrassment in 2020 while Brady was lighting it up with his new teammates and winning a Super Bowl. Cam Newton was a total clown 24/7. I'll say again about Brady, I've never seen a single quote from any of his former teammates questioning his leadership or intense singular commitment to the team.

In TC in 2019, Tom was offered 2 years and $53 Million. He turned down and opted instead for essentially a bump in pay for 2019 with no franchise talk so he could walk after the 2019 season.

As per Jeff Howe as reported in the Globe. And aside from the money, Bill did try and give Tom weapons. He drafted a receiver, Harry, in the first round. He signed Demaryius Thomas and he signed Antonio Brown.

This is quoting Howe in an interview with NESN. Pretty flimsy. What Howe said has not been substantiated or even remotely backed up anywhere. Even the columnist thinks Howe's statements sound dubious.

That later bit is hilarious too, "Belichick signed Demaryius Thomas" who never saw a down in New England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back