Buffalo Bills Dion Dawkins Letter to Bills Mafia

HipKat

Buffalo to The Bone!!
Reaction score
I know, I know, it's a Pats forum, but I thought this was pretty cool

A Letter to Bills Mafia

First things first and it’s a pretty serious issue.

It’s an epidemic sweeping across America.

It’s called “people wanting to jump on this Bills bandwagon.” No, for real — talk to your loved ones about it. Here are the symptoms: You see someone getting very bored with their current football team. They’re just not vibing with it like they used to. And then on the other hand they look and see what’s happening in Buffalo, with Bills Nation. They see a team on the rise, with an exciting core of young studs, two playoff berths in the last three seasons, and the best fans that ever lived.

And this is where it gets dangerous: Those people, they think to themselves, Man. I need to get on this Bills bandwagon for next season!! I need to become a Bills fan now. And they try to jump on.

I have an important message for those people:

DO NOT TRY THIS.

DO NOT — I REPEAT, DO NOT — ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THE BILLS BANDWAGON AT THIS TIME. WE ARE CURRENTLY AT CAPACITY.

THE BUFFALO BILLS BANDWAGON IS FULL.

Yes, you heard me correctly: The bandwagon is full.

We are no longer accepting new passengers. This is NOT a buy-low opportunity. Us real ones, we’ve BEEN here — been on this ride for years. And we’re GOOD. So to everyone else, everyone who’s trying to hop on in 2020??? Just know, We ain’t got nothing for you. Take it somewhere else. This wagon is full. There is. no. room.

Alright….. thank you.

I just really wanted that off my chest. I needed to start with that — especially coming off of this overtime loss to Houston in the Wild Card. Because I won’t even downplay it to you guys. I’ll shoot with you straight: Losing hurts, man. It just hurts. And that was a tough loss — pretty much as tough as any loss comes. We felt like we were right there, playing our game, had that W in our grasp….. and we let it go. It hurts. We’re a better team than what happened in that game, and you guys deserve better as fans than what happened in that game.

But here’s the thing — here’s what my big point is that I want to share with y’all: This isn’t the same old Bills.

In Buffalo, man, it’s crazy. It’s crazy! Y’all are crazy. And I mean that in the best way possible. I’ll be at Wegmans, just shopping around, minding my business — and it’s not, “Big man over there, I think he might play for the Bills??” It’s not even, “Oh yeah, that dude, he plays for the Bills.” It’s, “DION!” It’s, “Shnowman!” It’s, “You already shnow!” And maybe that sounds like a small thing….. but I have to tell you, it’s really big. Those interactions, those moments with fans, those quick little hellos where the whole thing just lodges in your brain, like, Wow, what I do matters to these people? And they don’t just know me….. they know ABOUT me?? No lie: I cherish those moments. I will forever.

love aisle 4! that's where the mayo is. :hello:

Yes, but does mayo belong on a cheeseburger?

This debate is raging at our sister site and duels have been scheduled for dawn. popcorn

Yes, but does mayo belong on a cheeseburger?

This debate is raging at our sister site and duels have been scheduled for dawn. popcorn

I wouldn't want a burger without it.

Why do you hate on mayo? Explain your bad taste...

bland and absolutely one of the worst things you can put in your body. I'll use a minimal amount when I'm making tuna salad but I tend to use just as much Dijon mustard.

A better question would be why do you like it?

bland and absolutely one of the worst things you can put in your body. I'll use a minimal amount when I'm making tuna salad but I tend to use just as much Dijon mustard.

A better question would be why do you like it?

Because it taste good? :shrug:

My son is on your side, he hates mayo, won't eat anything with it.

This.

There's bad mayo out there and I don't care for Miracle Whip. But, there's some amazing mayo too.

Similar to BBQ sauce. I've had terrible BBQ sauce. But, when I finally discovered the good stuff...

You could also say this for most food though.

There's bad...and there's good.

Nothing like the shock of ordering an Italian cold cut sub, taking a bite, and finding the thing covered in mayo. Vomit inducing. Down here (Maryland), when you order stuff...even stuff that mayo has no reason to be anywhere near...you STILL have to say "no mayo". Then, you usually get a look like you've grown a second head.

Mayo is made from eggs. To me, there are better things you can do with eggs...like fry one over easy and drop it on top of a cheeseburger.

This.

There's bad mayo out there and I don't care for Miracle Whip. But, there's some amazing mayo too.

Similar to BBQ sauce. I've had terrible BBQ sauce. But, when I finally discovered the good stuff...

You could also say this for most food though.

There's bad...and there's good.

how do you guys feel about ketchup on steak? I personally think it should be a capital crime punishable by execution but that's just me.

Back