Bye Week Priorities

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
What are you guys thought?

I think given our personnel and our injury situation, further hampered with Hogan’s status questionable, is to come out of the break with a real commitment to the run game and a heavy exploitation of the RBs pass catching ability. Shades of early Weiss. LOTS of screens. We have 3 VERY good pass catchers back there, and even Gillislee can haul some in too. Utilize them.

I think given our personnel and our injury situation, further hampered with Hogan’s status questionable, is to come out of the break with a real commitment to the run game and a heavy exploitation of the RBs pass catching ability. Shades of early Weiss. LOTS of screens. We have 3 VERY good pass catchers back there, and even Gillislee can haul some in too. Utilize them.

I like this a lot.

bye week priorities should be to shore up communications on the defense. I think the whole idea was to have a running game after the bye. David Harris is going to be a big piece of the D going forward if this team is going anywhere. It would be nice to maybe package Gilmore, Allen and Dorsett for some LB and TE depth.

Or Stephen Gilmore.

We could’ve re-signed Logan Ryan AND extended Butler at less cost.

Yeah, Gilmore has sucked balls, but he has been hurt/concussed. Allen doesn’t even have that excuse. And Gilmore, at least, has one interception... Allen still hasn’t caught one pass. Not ONE!

So, IMO, as much as Gilmore has sucked (especially at his cap hit) Dwayne Allen is the slightly bigger bust so far.

Wait.. Allen wasn’t a free agent signing. We traded draft capital for him. That might make it even worse!

Cover LB and a TE who can block AND catch are both issues. Allen can't catch or block and Hollister can only catch. A starter who can catch and block will be expensive. BB can keep 3 tackles in replacement as a blocker.

The RBs are beginning to shine and with Hogan out they'll be used even more.

Yeah, Gilmore has sucked balls, but he has been hurt/concussed. Allen doesn’t even have that excuse. And Gilmore, at least, has one interception... Allen still hasn’t caught one pass. Not ONE!

So, IMO, as much as Gilmore has sucked (especially at his cap hit) Dwayne Allen is the slightly bigger bust so far.

Wait.. Allen wasn’t a free agent signing. We traded draft capital for him. That might make it even worse!

Allen is a terrible trade. Almost as bad as Ocho Stinko.

I have mentioned this numerous times when Edelman went down. :coffee:

Bye week priorities?

Get the patio furniture into the basement.

Wrap the roses bushes with burlap.

Clean the gutters.

Experiment with the new cookbook:

61wJtMS7yPL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Gilmore is healthy enough to play, he is in school learning his assignments, that is all it is, nothing more than that with him.

He wants to play Man, line up and cover player X all day and the Patriots do not do that.

I hope he gets is because Badassonri or whatever it is, is going to be exposed soon

Can Gilmore get his contract restructured this week?

Get Mitchell or Valentine ready to go.

BB was asked about Mitchell today and he gave his standard answer.

"working hard", "a lot of football left", "I don't know"

Mitchell was seen in the locker room today for the first time since he went on IR. He's also been running recently. His knee injury is from college...

Radio peeps were commenting on Mitchell today.

Say the knee is bad.

Real bad.

Figures. Finally hit on one and turns out he’s injury riddled.

Back