Bye Week

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
So what are you all doing this weekend since the Pats are on a bye week?

I'm headed out to our property where we will be building a cabin to cut down some trees and clear out some old dead trees/brush. Trying to get the pilings (foundation) put in before the ground freezes, probably do that next Saturday.

Driving high school cross country trax team to a meet...this on Saturday then on Sunday spending the morning with my 2 month old grand daughter.wuv

9:00 AM Sunday. Like I'll be up at 9:00 AM Sunday. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

I'm ^ with ^ this ^ guy ^!

But on Saturday my wife and I are hosting an engagement party for our daughter and future son-in-law for about 50 people.
Smoking 2 pork butts, 6 racks of St.Louis ribs, homemade pork and bacon brats and smoking some chickens. Plus burgers and low fat Kosher beef dogs. Oh and a tritip! Fun for me!!

Smoking a turkey:wave:

~Dee~

But on Saturday my wife and I are hosting an engagement party for our daughter and future son-in-law for about 50 people.
Smoking 2 pork butts, 6 racks of St.Louis ribs, homemade pork and bacon brats and smoking some chickens.

So, what time <strike>can I crash this party</strike> shall you be expecting us. My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail. Lousy post office

Smoking 2 pork butts, 6 racks of St.Louis ribs, homemade pork and bacon brats and smoking some chickens. Plus burgers and low fat Kosher beef dogs. Oh and a tritip! Fun for me!!

Sounds like you'll have an excuse for sleeping in.

Which smokers you using (at least two I would guess). Plus the Ketttle? BTW, how do you like your new grate?

Weather's not great, but good enough, it seems.

Sounds great. Best wishes to your baby girl and have a great day.

Cheers, BostonTim

Oh and a tritip! Fun for me!!
I lived in Santa Maria for four years, and had tri-tip on many, many occasions. It's the main feature of Santa Maria barbeque.

Never understood why people like it so much - it has low fat content (and therefore little of its own flavor), and is pretty tough. Must be the Santa Maria rub and the open-flame oak fire grilling - that combo works wonders. On weekends, you'll see lots of grill setups in the parking lots of the strip malls that adorn Rt. 135 through Santa Maria center.

If you go to the link I posted, you'll see three restaurants named. We never made it to The Far Western, but were frequent customers at The Hitching Post (both locations, Casmalia and Buellton) and Jocko's. Jocko's was interesting - not very good decor, and the side dishes were ordinary, but the steaks were phenomenal.

I lived in Santa Maria for four years, and had tri-tip on many, many occasions. It's the main feature of Santa Maria barbeque.

Never understood why people like it so much - it has low fat content (and therefore little of its own flavor), and is pretty tough. Must be the Santa Maria rub and the open-flame oak fire grilling - that combo works wonders. On weekends, you'll see lots of grill setups in the parking lots of the strip malls that adorn Rt. 135 through Santa Maria center.

If you go to the link I posted, you'll see three restaurants named. We never made it to The Far Western, but were frequent customers at The Hitching Post (both locations, Casmalia and Buellton) and Jocko's. Jocko's was interesting - not very good decor, and the side dishes were ordinary, but the steaks were phenomenal.

Have to respectfully disagree. I find it to be a pretty well marbled and hence flavorful piece of sirloin. Rubbed with just salt, pepper and garlic and smoked with apple (or oak) to 125 - 130. And sliced across the grain, it's pretty damn good. IMO of course.

Cheers, BostonTim

I lived in Santa Maria for four years...

Small world. Both my parents grew up in Solvang, so I've spent many a day in that area. Favorite steaks were at Ballard's in Solvang.

Congrats Chevss. Have fun.

I'll be finishing my research paper.

Sounds like you'll have an excuse for sleeping in.

Which smokers you using (at least two I would guess). Plus the Ketttle? BTW, how do you like your new grate?

Weather's not great, but good enough, it seems.

Sounds great. Best wishes to your baby girl and have a great day.

Cheers, BostonTim

Thank you, BT. It should be wonderful despite the weather.

I'm using a pellet grill for the pork butts because I'm at work and they've been on since 5am. Set it and forget it is great for smoking meats for 10-11 hrs at a time. Hickory pellets, Meat Church Honey Hog Rub, 225 degrees, low and slow bc I really like the bark I get that way. I'm using the egg for the ribs.

The new grate is WONDERFUL! Thank you for the tip. I'm using it for the burgers, brats and dogs on the regular Weber 22".

So, what time <strike>can I crash this party</strike> shall you be expecting us. My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail. Lousy post office

This is what I was thinking :D

Congrats Chevs! I hope you like him

This is what I was thinking :D

Congrats Chevs! I hope you like him

He's a great guy and I do like him. Deanna is almost 6' and Dave is 6'11", a former UConn player. Looking for long grand kids!

Hope you have a big place because the weather isn't cooperating. But it sounds like a great time, except for all the work.

I get to entertain my wife's family on Sunday. Yay for me :banghead: And not a single one of them follows sports :mad:

Hope you have a big place because the weather isn't cooperating. But it sounds like a great time, except for all the work.

I get to entertain my wife's family on Sunday. Yay for me :banghead: And not a single one of them follows sports :mad:

Awesome, I hope the rain stays away from the celebration!

Oops meant to quote Chevs but that doesn't' t sound fun bid

Back