Cam Newton released!

the backstory on the internal communication will be interesting.
Yeah. I think most of us figured Cam would not say on as the back up which is disappointing. No team is going to sign him to be a starter right now. I wish he did stay on as it is tough to go into the season with Hoyer right now as Qb2.

In retrospect I really don't know why I'm surprised. I thought Jones clearly outplayed Newton throughout preseason. I still thought that Belichick was set on having Newton start though. I had mentioned this in another thread if Jones was named the starter do you keep Newton around. I guess this answers that question even though some of you thought it was nuts. :ROFLMAO:

My immediate question which has been mentioned is was he released or did he ask to be released.

I like Hoyer but good golly not feeling that.

Yeah. I think most of us figured Cam would not say on as the back up which is disappointing. No team is going to sign him to be a starter right now. I wish he did stay on as it is tough to go into the season with Hoyer right now as Qb2.
I think Hoyer could be just as effective with this roster as Newton could be. No joke. Roster was built to be a slow, moving the chains offense. Hoyer can do that with the new O binkies at least a well as Newton without the controversy.

I think Hoyer could be just as effective with this roster as Newton could be. No joke. Roster was built to be a slow, moving the chains offense. Hoyer can do that with the new O binkies at least a well as Newton without the controversy.
And the questions about why Hoyer was kept have been answered. It was just in case this scenario played out.

Hope this doesn't turn into a "Lawyer Milloy" incident.

Pats are always interesting.

Go Mac.

Back