Cam Tests Positive to COVID Today

I just heard Mike Florio say on Football Night In America that the NFL will be investigating the Patriots for COVID protocol breaches because of Cam's positive test. So the Titans and other teams aren't on that list?

I just heard Mike Florio say on Football Night In America that the NFL will be investigating the Patriots for COVID protocol breaches because of Cam's positive test. So the Titans and other teams aren't on that list?

That's standard procedure. All teams with a positive player get investigated.

My hope is that Cam's positive test and lack of symptoms mean it was caught early enough so that he wasn't a blazing inferno of contagion.

That's standard procedure. All teams with a positive player get investigated.

Hey, after thinking that deflated footballs was nothing, I never trust the NFL! Apparently they're swooping in immediately to investigate the Pats while they took several days before investigating the Titans. Goodell :zzwhip:

So....

According to Curran, Cam can play Monday as long as he has been asymptomatic, regardless if he still tests positive...

The NFL is stupid regarding COVID but we all knew that.

So....

According to Curran, Cam can play Monday as long as he has been asymptomatic, regardless if he still tests positive...

If he tests positive he can still transfer the virus, so, isnt that kinda....stupid? Ok straight from my nurse friend. If the NFL has a 10 day policy then that is exactly right it does not matter if he still tests positive. The only thing she said was that most companies do 14 days. I asked if you can still still spread it after 14 or 10 days and she said yeah, so I have no idea what the deal is. Cam I dont believe has had symptoms like coughing fever or anything, so that might make a difference too. So with that, it looks like he can play Monday.

Last edited:
If he tests positive he can still transfer the virus, so, isnt that kinda....stupid?

I can just say this as an anecdote. I had this thing, symptomatic and my best friend Joanne took care of me and she and my roomies tested negative.

Take that for what it's worth.

Yeah I don't even begin to know how this thing works. My best friends husband died from it in July. He was fine, had a bit of a cough. Started running fever, then he couldnt breathe. She called my wife and I on a Saturday, she took him to the Hospital. He went to ICU, the next day was on a respirator, then he kind of got better, actually came off the respirator, and then was dead the next day. We had two teachers at my job get it in the past week. Still scares me, because I am 49 and diabetic.

Yeah I don't even begin to know how this thing works. My best friends husband died from it in July. He was fine, had a bit of a cough. Started running fever, then he couldnt breathe. She called my wife and I on a Saturday, she took him to the Hospital. He went to ICU, the next day was on a respirator, then he kind of got better, actually came off the respirator, and then was dead the next day. We had two teachers at my job get it in the past week. Still scares me, because I am 49 and diabetic.

Well, like I've said elsewhere, I have a quite an unhealthy lifestyle and I got over it with stuff that was uncomfortable like anything in 3 days but nowhere as bad as any flu I've ever had.Mostly it a cold and had little energy.

Last edited:
Well, like I've said elsewhere, I have a quite an unhealthy lifestyle and I got over it with stuff that was uncomfortable like anything in 3 days but nowhere as bad as any flu I've ever had.Mostly it a cold and had little energy.

Yeah but that was you. Others were not as lucky. This has killed more people than the flu ever will, but the worst thing about it, is how easy and quickly it spreads.
If the flu spread as easily and as quickly it might be the same issue, but it doesnt. What makes this worse is the period of time. Most things that kill you quick, die out fast because the host does not keep it long enough to spread it everywhere. Its like the perfect story of spreading.

Yeah but that was you. Others were not as lucky. This has killed more people than the flu ever will, but the worst thing about it, is how easy and quickly it spreads.
If the flu spread as easily and as quickly it might be the same issue, but it doesnt. What makes this worse is the period of time. Most things that kill you quick, die out fast because the host does not keep it long enough to spread it everywhere. Its like the perfect story of spreading.

I know mileage may vary. But most of your post is not even remotely true.

But I'm argue with you pretzel logic.

Was just giving an anecdote.

I know mileage may vary. But most of your post is not even remotely true.

But I'm argue with you pretzel logic.

Was just giving an anecdote.

How is my post not true? It has killed more people this year than the Flu in an average flu year...True. It spreads faster than the Flu, true. Virus's that kill quickly do not infect the host as long as the host dies so that virus does not spread as quick, this has a long period in which someone can spread it. True..from the hours and hours of things we had to listen to from Doctors and nurses that were sent to our school district before we came back, to my friend who is a nurse. I am going to go ahead and follow their logic and advice. No offense. I mean you having the virus does not make you an expert on the virus, and I am not claiming to be an expert but dont tell me what is true and not true based on what I have been told from actual experts. You get your sources and I will get mine.

How is my post not true? It has killed more people this year than the Flu in an average flu year...True. It spreads faster than the Flu, true. Virus's that kill quickly do not infect the host as long as the host dies so that virus does not spread as quick, this has a long period in which someone can spread it. True..from the hours and hours of things we had to listen to from Doctors and nurses that were sent to our school district before we came back, to my friend who is a nurse. I am going to go ahead and follow their logic and advice. No offense. I mean you having the virus does not make you an expert on the virus, and I am not claiming to be an expert but dont tell me what is true and not true based on what I have been told from actual experts. You get your sources and I will get mine.

I am the last person you wanna get involved in a debate on this with. And Like I already I'm not even discussing this with you. Not worth it.

You don't think right on a lot of stuff. And yes, there is a right and wrong way to think.

This is the wrong thread for it anyway.

Bring it to CV thread if you to talk about the veracity of what you believe to be true.

I am the last person you wanna get involved in a debate on this with. And Like I already I'm not even discussing this with you. Not worth it.

You don't think right on a lot of stuff. And yes, there is a right and wrong way to think.

This is the wrong thread for it anyway.

Bring it to CV thread if you to talk about the veracity of what you believe to be true.

Its not a debate. I am not debating you to something I saw and dealt with and went through with people close to me. I don't think right? Who the hell are you? lol. Does the CDC know you have the book on covid? Its unreal that you are actually telling me what I heard and saw did not exist. This is not a debate, because you have absolutely not freaking idea about me, what I have seen and heard and went through, none, not even a little, so you are ill prepared to debate on someone elses life. I am not telling you what to think, so frankly dont tell me what to think. Sorry, but your political leaning is meaningless to me and my life no matter how awesome you think you are on debating covid.

Its not a debate. I am not debating you to something I saw and dealt with and went through with people close to me. I don't think right? Who the hell are you? lol. Does the CDC know you have the book on covid? Its unreal that you are actually telling me what I heard and saw did not exist. This is not a debate, because you have absolutely not freaking idea about me, what I have seen and heard and went through, none, not even a little, so you are ill prepared to debate on someone elses life. I am not telling you what to think, so frankly dont tell me what to think. Sorry, but your political leaning is meaningless to me and my life no matter how awesome you think you are on debating covid.

You weren't arguing anecdotes you were arguing stats. I'm sorry you lost close you and yes that happens. But the numbers are wrong and being retracted all over the place. But seriously keep this in the CV thread.

You weren't arguing anecdotes you were arguing stats. I'm sorry you lost close you and yes that happens. But the numbers are wrong and being retracted all over the place. But seriously keep this in the CV thread.

Which stats? who mentioned stats? The numbers are wrong because you say so? Wow. Its all a conspiracy to sell masks, I think I got it now. Dude, you can believe what you want, but I see a wonderful friend of mine every day who has two kids who lost her husband at age 39, who did nothing but work his ass off everyday. There is my thoughts on it, not what some politician tells me or you tell me. Oh an no, I am not going down to a political forum and have you link me political pages that you buy into as your form of proof nor do I want to hear conspiracy theories. Again, not a debate. I gave an instance that existed in my life and what I have heard from doctors and the state presented to me in order for us to open our school district. Is it wrong? I don't know. But I have people that I have known a long time in the medical field just like you, who I trust and have zero reason to lie to me, I will leave it like that.

Last edited:
Back