Cam Tests Positive to COVID Today

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Patriots’ QB Cam Newton tested positive and is out for Sunday’s game vs. Kansas City, per @FieldYates and me.

Hope it's a false positive...if not the Chiefs game could be postponed since I'd expect more players to come up positive.
It is what it is.

Yeah, let's hope it's a false positive because there's no way he isolated all of a sudden and wasn't in contact with other players.

Reports are that any patriots player in close contact were tested and have come back negative.

What a hammer blow this is.

Yeah, let's hope it's a false positive because there's no way he isolated all of a sudden and wasn't in contact with other players.

Maybe a stupid question but why wouldn’t a second different type test immediately be administered to verify false positive or not?

The entire team were sent home this morning and told to wait by their phones for news about when they'll be travelling etc.

I have a hard time believing the NFL would risk COVID being transferred to the Chiefs if anyone else on the Pats team or staff comes back positive.

Man, I hate 2020

I think the whole season for the NFL is in danger.

Sent from my US Robotics Courier Dual Standard using Tapatalk

Conspiracy theories starting of course. This is the nefarious Patriots chickening out of the game, scared of the Chiefs...

Sources talking about postponing the game to Monday or cancelling the game.

When they first decided to have the season, it would have been a perfect time to test something I have wanted for ages...adding a second bye week. That would have have given them more flexibility. I know it would have had to be negotiated with the union, but I can't imagine players would have objected to that. Now with playoffs expanded, they likely don't have that option anyway.

Positive test in KC too, game being rescheduled to Monday/Tuesday according to NFL

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New from the NFL <a href="https://t.co/UyUAMKI0qE">pic.twitter.com/UyUAMKI0qE</a></p>— Brian McCarthy (@NFLprguy) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/1312422344267378689?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 3, 2020</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The incubation period of the virus is the big problem. We already know people can be spreading the virus for 5-7 days before they themselves test positive. This is the ONE BIG THING that could bring down the season. The Chiefs don't want to get exposed so they will not want the game to go on as scheduled. It's almost a certainty the game will not be played. The NFL will have to err on the side of caution to prevent a total collapse of the schedule.

The incubation period of the virus is the big problem. We already know people can be spreading the virus for 5-7 days before they themselves test positive. This is the ONE BIG THING that could bring down the season. The Chiefs don't want to get exposed so they will not want the game to go on as scheduled. It's almost a certainty the game will not be played. The NFL will have to err on the side of caution to prevent a total collapse of the schedule.

I wonder if the NFL might consider extending the season an extra couple weeks, maybe even into March if need be?

If the Chiefs' facility is closed down, how can a game be played this week? It can't.

Back