Can anyone recommend a smoker?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I know there are a few BBQ people here.

Looking for a small electric smoker I can put on a balcony that has digital control, is well insulated (can't have it throwing too much external heat), and is good at holding smoking Temps (like 225). Thank you.

I can highly recommend the JL version 6.0.

High quality, tons of features and great fun at parties. 🥳

Here's the new NASA rocket that will smoke them all!:

1650967029347.pngThis is the one I have... wide body so you can lay the full rack of ribs on the grate without cutting the slab. Easily fits a 20+ lb turkey. For Thanksgiving I did a 20lb turkey, a big ol' ham and smoked mac and cheese and there was still plenty of room. Comes with six slide in grates and has almost 2000 sq inches of cooking space. I've had a lot of fun using this thing. It's propane but you put wood chunks in a container above the burners and this thing will pump out the smoke. Holds a pretty steady temp too. I'll be using mine again on Mother's day. EDIT: Did NOT see that electric smoker was in your criteria... Nevermind, I'll see myself out

Last edited:
I know there are a few BBQ people here.

Looking for a small electric smoker I can put on a balcony that has digital control, is well insulated (can't have it throwing too much external heat), and is good at holding smoking Temps (like 225). Thank you.

Old Smokey Electric Smoker

Silver Award

Old Smokey Electric Smoker Review

By:

Max Good

The Old Smokey Electric Smoker is a drum shaped electric smoker that’s been around since 1953. There’s something here to love, but is it just nostalgia? Read our review. Be that as it may, many owners are nuts about their Old Smokeys earning our AmazingRibs.com Best Value Silver Medal. AmazingRibs.com.
MSRP:$124.00
Published On: 3/30/2013 Last Modified: 3/2/2021

UT, I am in a similar position and am willing to start on a unit like this and graduate as I hone the craft. Please provide occasional updates - I'd really like to embark on this soon.

UT, I am in a similar position and am willing to start on a unit like this and graduate as I hone the craft. Please provide occasional updates - I'd really like to embark on this soon.
I will. The unit I got was less than $250. Plenty of room. Fill metal box with the desired smoking chips, set the temp and the time (or set desired meat temp using probe), and that's pretty much it.

I guess the biggest critism I might make is its not heavy amounts of smoke. Others might like more. But it's enough for me.

I highly recommend a Bradley Smoker or you can simply build your own, I built mine and added a Bradley Smoke generator to it. I smoke salmon, ribs, briskets and all sorts of meats in it and it works great.

Attachments

• Smoker.jpg
    Smoker.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 5
I highly recommend a Bradley Smoker or you can simply build your own, I built mine and added a Bradley Smoke generator to it. I smoke salmon, ribs, briskets and all sorts of meats in it and it works great.
But do I want to confuse my smoker with my outhouse?

Cheers

Back