Can the Ravens score in this game?

Spinal Tap

dicktowel.com
Reaction score
Honestly, ask yourself.........can the Ravens score against the Pats? I'm not quite sure they can, especially if Jamal Lewis is out. But even if Lewis plays, the Patriots run defense has been tremendous over the last 3 weeks.

We all know how big of a bust Kyle Boller is. It's hard to imagine him passing for more than 125 yards in this game.

I suppose it's possible for them to kick a field goal, Stover is pretty solid. Other than that, the Ravens are not going to score.

So here's my predicition, the Baltimore Ravens will get SHUT OUT in Foxboro on Sunday. Any takers???

Spinal Tap said:
So here's my predicition, the Baltimore Ravens will get SHUT OUT in Foxboro on Sunday. Any takers???

Almost.

Shutouts are tough to come by as most teams are able to manage at least a field goal (see San Francisco last week). I'm guessing 6-7 points. But you could be right if it's a solid game all the way around.

Overlooking Boller, Chester Taylor and the rest of the Ravens offense is not the wisest thing to do.
Sure they aren't the Colts, Chiefs or Vikings...but still.
To predict a shutout as if it is an automatic thing is borderline ignorance.

You are forgetting about the insane amount of injuries in your secondary.

Plus the reality of the matter is that any team can win on any given Sunday.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Colts and Patriots lost this week.

Ravens haven't allowed more than 17 points in a game this year (I think). That being said, they can't score against a good defense. This game has Patriots 17-3 written all over it.

Yeah, it IS about time for a shutout, isn't it?

But, I don't know if this edition of Patriots has it in them.......I say that because, even though they are better in some areas than last season, pass defense at the moment is NOT as good as last season.

Current improvements over last year:
1. Running game
2. Punting game

Current deficiencies over last season:
1. Pass defense

Don't get me wrong, the Patriots are still the cream of the crop, but I don't care if they don't pitch a shutout, as long as they win, right? Now last season, I was practically expecting shutouts sometimes!

All that said, nothing against the Ravens, who are a good team, but this could be a shutout, in the Pat's favor.

dred said:
Overlooking Boller, Chester Taylor and the rest of the Ravens offense is not the wisest thing to do.
Granted, it may not be the wisest thing, but it is the natural thing to do considering the talent level.

Sure they aren't the Colts, Chiefs or Vikings...
Gee, you think?

Not really. We were able to handle both the Rams and the Chiefs with both corners out. I'm just questioning how much better is Boller over Bulger or Green.

That is true. If Brady lays an egg, anything is possible. He just hasn't done that in Foxboro for a long time.

Surprise wouldn't begin to describe my feeling if both the Patriots and Colts lost this week (although Detroit usually plays over their head on Thanksgiving).
________
Fordsons F.C. picture

dred said:

You have to understand why Pats Nation is so confident. We cheat, play dirty and have all the refs on our payroll. That's the standard rationalization that Patriot haters come up with ad nauseum. Its beyond their comprehension to understand how the Pats keep winning otherwise. We on this forum can overlook anybody we please but you can count on BB not doing so.

dred said:

well dred, i am definately just going to claim ignorance on this one. kyle boller is a major league BUST. chester taylor? are you freakin kidding me?

now, you've got it half right, i would not be surprised if the colts lost tommorrow. that defense is pathetic. on the other hand, i'd be shocked if the patriots lost on sunday. they may or may not shut out baltimore.......but they ain't gonna lose.

Spinal Tap said:
well dred, i am definately just going to claim ignorance on this one. kyle boller is a major league BUST. chester taylor? are you freakin kidding me?

amen. Somehow after stopping Torry Holt, Marshall Faulk, Eric Moulds, Willis McGahee, Trent Green, and Tony Gonzalez over the last three weeks, Chester Taylor and Kyle Boller are going to seem like high school players.

ps- Has Todd Heap EVER played a game in the NFL? He's ALWAYS hurt...

Bruschi 3:16 said:
amen. Somehow after stopping Torry Holt, Marshall Faulk, Eric Moulds, Willis McGahee, Trent Green, and Tony Gonzalez over the last three weeks, Chester Taylor and Kyle Boller are going to seem like high school players.

ps- Has Todd Heap EVER played a game in the NFL? He's ALWAYS hurt...

Todd Heap has never been hurt besides this year, Tard.

We all know how big of a bust Kyle Boller is. It's hard to imagine him passing for more than 125 yards in this game.

You call an 18 game starter a bust.He has thrown for over 200 yards in his last 3 out of 4.With no int's in the last 3.

Please enlighten us on what is not considered a bust.

MRAVEN said:

You call an 18 game starter a bust.He has thrown for over 200 yards in his last 3 out of 4.With no int's in the last 3.

Taking Tom Brady in the sixth round comes to mind.

MRAVEN said:

Holy crap...NOT 200 YARDS!!!

Wow. I was wrong. That's awesome!! How many TD passes does he have this year? I bet it's a bunch, with those kind of yardage figures.

MRAVEN said:
WOW!!! Boller actually has had three 200 yard games!!! Pardon me, I hadn't realized how accomplished he is. I'm surprised that he's not in the running for MVP.
:blink:
________
electric cigarettes

QB's that are taken in the first round and are in the bottom 25% are considered BUSTS!!!! Need more enlightenment?

MRAVEN said:

Isn't this Heap's second year?

200 yards for Boller? woo-weeeee!!!! I think you should research the NFL and find 5 QB's who HAVE NOT thrown for at least 200 yards in his last three games.

Boller and Chester Taylor will decimate whats left of the Patriots D for 400 all-purpose yards.

Ravens 17 - Patsies 13

Hey, if you guys can make your bold predictions...I can make mine.

:D

dred said:
Boller and Chester Taylor will decimate whats left of the Patriots D for 400 all-purpose yards.

Ravens 17 - Patsies 13

Hey, if you guys can make your bold predictions...I can make mine.

:D
It sounds like you got some good stuff from Jamal.
:high:
________
mac game

Isn't this Heap's second year

No:doh:

We don't give up alot of points my little tardlings.
1 TD on offense and 1 mistake by Brady for a defensive score ,Ravens win.

The Ravens defense is going to get schooled sunday. Mr. Dance alot (Lewis) is going to be left looking like a big steaming bowl of STUPID. If Kyle (i hate people named Kyle) Boilbutt throws for a buck fifty It'll be a friggin' miracle.
You dont win 24 out 25 without mopping the floor with one dimentional teams like this. Especially at home!!
Anyone know what Brady's record is with a national audience??

Back