Can you name the Chargers that have been arrested this year?

ItsGood_ItsGood

BB's Elliot
Reaction score
SportsbyBrooks is reporting that Ryan Krause's arrest is the seventh by a Bolt's player this season. What are the other six? I've got:
1. Markus Curry, CB-Domestic violence in Oct.
2. Shaun Phillips, LB-Obstructing a police officer in April
3. Steve Foley, LB-A&B on a police officer, April
4. Terrence Kiel, S-Shipping codeine-based cough medicine to TX, in Sept.

Can anyone name the other two? I'm struggling here...

Wow, Cincinnati West.

WTF? Shipping codeine-based cough medicine?

How many Pats have been arrested this year? Or in the past 5 years? (as in: they were still signed with the team when they were arrested).

That would be interesting to know.

Annihilus on 01-11-2007 at 08:17 AM said:
Wow, Cincinnati West.

WTF? Shipping codeine-based cough medicine?

How many Pats have been arrested this year? Or in the past 5 years? (as in: they were still signed with the team when they were arrested).

That would be interesting to know.
Isn't it nice having players that collectively behave themselves off the field?

The colts are not perfect by any stretch, but by and large they stay out of trouble. The few off field incidents we have had, have been relatively minor. The only one who really irritated me was Mike Doss a few years ago.

Annihilus can't remember sh!t these days, but the last Patriot he remembers being arrested (or at least in this kind of trouble) was Terry Glenn back in his last year with the team (2001?).

Anyone else?

Annihilus on 01-11-2007 at 09:47 AM said:
Annihilus can't remember sh!t these days, but the last Patriot he remembers being arrested (or at least in this kind of trouble) was Terry Glenn back in his last year with the team (2001?).

Anyone else?

Irving Fryar must have been arrested at some point.

The last big incident I can recall was the famous mosh pit episode with Bledsoe and Rucci. Also, Coates was accused of harassing the mother of one of his children.

I'm not sure if he was arrested or not, but there was that incident where Kenyatta Jones tossed the scalding water on his teammate as a prank.

That was the end of that dude, but I can't recall who he burned.

Not exactly Tank Johnson teaching his pit bulls how to bust caps with a glock, but that's what passes for criminal behavior in Foxboro.

:shrug:

That's about the only one during the BB era that I can think of, before that......jesus, there were bunches of problems.

Hawg73 on 01-11-2007 at 09:52 AM said:
I'm not sure if he was arrested or not, but there was that incident where Kenyatta Jones tossed the scalding water on his teammate as a prank.

That was the end of that dude, but I can't recall who he burned.

Hawg it was his personal assistant who lived with him, KJ tossed the water on the guy while he was getting out of the shower or dropping a duece on the throne

link

The following chergers are guilty as cherged:

1. Schitenhemer: Impersonating a winner

2. Tomlinson: Being a false idol

3. Lorenzo Neal: aiding and abetting Tommlinsen

4. Schitenheimer: possibly inpersonating Bill Cowher, a coach who has been made fun of for not winning the big one, and then actually winning the big one (won't happen)

etc

ItsGood_ItsGood on 01-11-2007 at 07:46 AM said:
SportsbyBrooks is reporting that Ryan Krause's arrest is the seventh by a Bolt's player this season. What are the other six? I've got:
1. Markus Curry, CB-Domestic violence in Oct.
2. Shaun Phillips, LB-Obstructing a police officer in April
3. Steve Foley, LB-A&B on a police officer, April
4. Terrence Kiel, S-Shipping codeine-based cough medicine to TX, in Sept.

Can anyone name the other two? I'm struggling here...

I found this one from 11/27/06.

San Diego Charger arrested for suspected drunken driving:

SAN DIEGO -- Cornerback Cletis Gordon of the San Diego Chargers' football team was arrested early today in San Diego on suspicion of drunken driving, authorities said.

Gordon, a 23-year-old cornerback, becomes one of almost half a dozen of the team's players who have been arrested this year on various charges in separate incidents.

Monica Munoz, San Diego police spokeswoman, said Gordon was taken into custody about 2:15 a.m. at Sixth Avenue and J Street in the Gaslamp Quarter area.

He was booked into the San Diego Central Jail and released before noon.

Gordon, who attended Jackson State, didn't play early in the season because of a wrist injury, but he has played since then, said Bill Johnston, Chargers' spokesman.

"There won't be any change in his status," Johnston said.

Also, Foley was arrested twice. Once in April. Then he was arrested/shot in September.

Annihilus on 01-11-2007 at 03:47 PM said:

Anyone else?
I think Jonathan Sullivan was arrested last summer shortly after becoming a Patriots player. Something about speeding and listening to loud music. The police stopped him and found some pot and a handgun in his car. Anyway he wasn´t a Pats player for long.

Annihilus on 01-11-2007 at 09:47 AM said:

Anyone else?

I think it might've been a little before Glenn's arrest, but....

Ty Law, Canadian border, Ecstasy

p.s. Gaffney was arrested this past summer for unlawful possession of a handgun, which is a big reason why he was available late in the season.

Back