Cap projection $130 Million for 2014

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/20/5429514/nfl-salary-cap-130-million

The new cap projection for 2014 is $130 million up fron the original projection of $126 million.

Included in the link is a chart of all 32 NFL teams and where they are in cap space as of now. The Patriots are shown with $7.3 million. That is far below the projected cap space of our AFCE rivals.

So much for calling the Patriots cheap bastards as some in the media and some 'fans" have been doing for years.

The new cap projection for 2014 is $130 million up fron the original projection of $126 million.

Included in the link is a chart of all 32 NFL teams and where they are in cap space as of now. The Patriots are shown with $7.3 million. That is far below the projected cap space of our AFCE rivals.

So much for calling the Patriots cheap bastards as some in the media and some 'fans" have been doing for years.

This article must be mistaken. Everyone knows the Patriots don't pay anyone.

:coffee:

Only those who can't be bothered to google the numbers. But, y'know, why let facts get in the way of parroting "common wisdom"?

I'm really looking forward to this FA period. If the Jets cut Sanchez, Holmes and Cromartie as expected, that will put them at around 40 million under the cap. This is where we'll see what Idzik can do as GM.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm really looking forward to this FA period. If the Jets cut Sanchez, Holmes and Cromartie as expected, that will put them at around 40 million under the cap. This is where we'll see what Idzik can do as GM.
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe go out and sign Martin and Incognito to shore up the o-line.

:)

Posted via Mobile Device

Jets get out of cap hell after only 2 years. Let's see if Idzik can be smart about the cap. Former GM kept given out huge contracts to former big name stars. His stupidest contract was 40 mill extension to Sanchez.

Jets get out of cap hell after only 2 years. Let's see if Idzik can be smart about the cap. Former GM kept given out huge contracts to former big name stars. His stupidest contract was 40 mill extension to Sanchez.

I have faith in Idzik, I just don't see him making the same mistakes that MT did but only time will tell.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have faith in Idzik, I just don't see him making the same mistakes that MT did but only time will tell.
Posted via Mobile Device

As long As he doesn't let woody, Rex, or the media influence his desicions he's a big upgrade.

As long As he doesn't let woody, Rex, or the media influence his desicions he's a big upgrade.

I think we've already seen Idzik's influence on Rex, he's been much quieter since Idzik arrived. Woody on the other hand, is a different issue. If he leaves Idzik alone I think he'll do well.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think we've already seen Idzik's influence on Rex, he's been much quieter since Idzik arrived. Woody on the other hand, is a different issue. If he leaves Idzik alone I think he'll do well.
Posted via Mobile Device

What's the over/under on that in terms of days?

What's funny is this is what BB does and get's hammered for being cheap. meanwhile in NY it's what they want to right the ship.

this hurts us. we wont dole the dough over when other teams will now

Back