Caserio Is Gone

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1346646380979384322

Easterby had everything to do with this and not all Texans fans are happy with owner McNair, Easterby or the the Caserio hiring.
From my pov, I couldn't be happier. That sounds crazy I know but after the last 4 drafts I can't say Dave Zeigler won't do at least as good a job as Caserio. In fact, there are 10-15 people on this board who could pull off better drafts than Caserio. He may be missed for cap management but he won't be missed for his talent evaluation. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1346646380979384322

Easterby had everything to do with this and not all Texans fans are happy with owner McNair, Easterby or the the Caserio hiring.
From my pov, I couldn't be happier. That sounds crazy I know but after the last 4 drafts I can't say Dave Zeigler won't do at least as good a job as Caserio. In fact, there are 10-15 people on this board who could pull off better drafts than Caserio. He may be missed for cap management but he won't be missed for his talent evaluation. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'm upset by this.

Bold move Caserio, let's see if it works out.

Easterby has McNair's blessing...he has more power than ever in the Texans' organization. So far Easterby has stabbed O'Brien in the back, torn the team to shreds and disenfranchised the fan base. Yet he talks like this.

View: https://twitter.com/JackEasterby/status/1344872774335127552

Empty suit. His talk is big and boastful but what good has he ever done towards building a team.
Will McDaniels be his next target as HC? Very possible. Watson is a good QB
But the Texans don't have a 1st or 3rd rnd pick this year and they are in cap hell to rebuild their defense.
Surely McD is too smart to fall for it.

I totally get the Texan fans feelings on the "Patriots South" moniker that has fallen on the Texans. The issue is that the "Patriot Way" starts and stops with Bill. It can't be replicated by anyone else. Any coaches that seem competent and promising under Bill look good under his wing. It typically goes bad when they go out on their own. Matt Patricia tried to be Bill with the Lions but his ultra harsh discipline mantra went down terribly, it didn't work, as he's not bill. There's method behind what Bill does and it's not easy to copy and Bill doesn't alienate his players for all the tough talk he might come out with. The majority of players seem to like him.

Vrabel seems to be decent and Flores looks like he could a real exception to the curse of Bills Assistant coaches.

But no, not upset to see Caserio leave.

And Dehsuan, if you're not happy at Patriots South, come to Patriots North!

Easterby is the biggest mystery in all of sports.

That Watson tweet has me dreaming up scenarios.

You can have McDaniels, Pats fork up another draft pick for Watson. Victory!

Anyway, I think Caseiro was to blame for most of the shortcomings of the draft, so maybe this years Pats will actually draft a good receiver.

While everybody is focused on the recent failings at the top of the draft, Caserio was the overall director of player personnel here since 2009 and we won three Super Bowls during his tenure. Nobody was better at bringing in undervalued veterans who flourished here and "his" ability (it was a lot of people, really) to find UDFA's was very successful and while you can critique the recent poor picks in the first few rounds, we have had a ton of success from later rounds, which along the other means of acquiring talent helped make us the greatest dynasty in the sport. He was part of that and many will tell you an important part.

I'm ready to move on and am not particularly upset that he wanted a fresh start, but it seems to me that people want a scapegoat. There have been stories floated that Caserio and Belichick sometimes clashed over draft picks with Bill retaining the final say, I believe the Jordan Richards selection was one of them, but Caserio was pretty much the ideal soldier here and you didn't hear that stuff coming from him.

Good luck Nick Caserio and best wishes.

Easterby has McNair's blessing...he has more power than ever in the Texans' organization. So far Easterby has stabbed O'Brien in the back, torn the team to shreds and disenfranchised the fan base. Yet he talks like this.

View: https://twitter.com/JackEasterby/status/1344872774335127552

Empty suit. His talk is big and boastful but what good has he ever done towards building a team.
Will McDaniels be his next target as HC? Very possible. Watson is a good QB
But the Texans don't have a 1st or 3rd rnd pick this year and they are in cap hell to rebuild their defense.
Surely McD is too smart to fall for it.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if McD left with him.

And as far as Patriots South goes, you can only wish. Your team bought away up and comers who were maybe not ready to be the man and got what you bought.

Back