Cassel/Vrabel trade?

HELLO? "Contract extension talks"? That no makes the sense since he has never had a contract to extend. Jeez this place is getting to be like frigging National Enquirer with men's boobs as avatars and obsessed politics in sigs and avatars. And all that with TONS of football to talk about!

Not saying it's true but if we did wind up with the #3 pick I just listened to LB Aaron Curry on NFL radio and was completely blown away. Sounds like the kind of kid Belichick would LOVE to have on this defense.

Not saying it's true but if we did wind up with the #3 pick I just listened to LB Aaron Curry on NFL radio and was completely blown away. Sounds like the kind of kid Belichick would LOVE to have on this defense.

yeah I like the first deal better getting the number 3 for cassel and vrabel than a 19 for cassel.

HELLO? "Contract extension talks"? That no makes the sense since he has never had a contract to extend. Jeez this place is getting to be like frigging National Enquirer with men's boobs as avatars and obsessed politics in sigs and avatars. And all that with TONS of football to talk about!

He signed the franchise offer, hence he is under contract this season. So yes, it would be an extension.

Dammit, I got excited, I hate false rumors.

What we get for Cassel is the only thing I am actually "waiting" on...Paxson, Vrabel Taylor...all those guys are secondary concerns IMO that I will be happy with "whatever" BB wants to do.

I want the 14 mill and to see what BB can get for him and what he does with the "extra" picks.

The reason I am not sweating anything other than the Cassel situation is I am fully confident in my "front office abilities" and therefore am good with anything BB does with my team!!!!:)

I am hoping for a pot of gold so the disaster of losing Brady in the first game might end up fueling dominance in the end for a few more years that it otherwise would have been tough to do (coupled with less wear and tear on our players by not having the extra games this year)

Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Now I'm seeing this on the same board as well:

from Adam Schefter

BREAKING NEWS : Tampa Bay TV Station FOX 13 is reporting BUCS are finalizing contract extention talks with MATT CASSEL . BUCS and PATS have agreed on DEAL pending CASSEL CONTRACT SIGNING ( 4 years -29.5 million plus performance incentives ) . Buc 's official confirms deal is for Buc's 2009 1st round selection ( 19th overall ) and 2010 conditional 2nd rounder.

Help a poor gal out here.;)

from Adam Schefter

BREAKING NEWS : Tampa Bay TV Station FOX 13 is reporting BUCS are finalizing contract extention talks with MATT CASSEL . BUCS and PATS have agreed on DEAL pending CASSEL CONTRACT SIGNING ( 4 years -29.5 million plus performance incentives ) . Buc 's official confirms deal is for Buc's 2009 1st round selection ( 19th overall ) and 2010 conditional 2nd rounder.

yes people break it down

Never trust a news post without links especially from some n00b

He signed an offer with the Bucs?:huh: OK confused.

No. When the frachise tag was placed on him, along with it came 1 year at @$14.5 million. He signed that with the Patriots and is now technically under contract with them this season.

from Adam Schefter

Well considering there is no LINK to Schefter or Fox 13 in TB saying that I would venture to guess it is someone on a message board making stuff up so forgive them if they also get the contract verbiage wrong.....

That just lends more credence to it being made up....

from Adam Schefter

Matt signed the Pat's franchise offer meaning he is now signed to a one year deal. Any team that trades for him will want to extend that contract to multiple years at a new salary structure.

Matt signed the Pat's franchise offer meaning he is now signed to a one year deal. Any team that trades for him will want to extend that contract to multiple years at a new salary structure.

OK thank you. Cmon you gotta admit that is kind of confusing language.:) Thanks AWTE

No. When the frachise tag was placed on him, along with it came 1 year at @$14.5 million. He signed that with the Patriots and is now technically under contract with them this season.

YES I know. But the article says BUCS contract extension and since the WHOLE story is in question this seemed to make it iffy. Anyhooo

Never trust a news post without links especially from some n00b

Hey, not trying to ruffle feathers. I run the Texans MB where it was posted, came over here to see if it was valid and saw nothing.

Posted it just as I would hope someone would cue us in on any breaking news.

BREAKING NEWS : new York TV Station FOX 13 is reporting the Yankees are finalizing contract extention talks with MATT CASSEL . Yankees and PATS have agreed on DEAL pending CASSEL CONTRACT SIGNING ( 4 years -29.5 million plus performance incentives ) . Yankees official confirms deal is for A-Rod.

I can make up things too.

Back