Cassel/Vrabel trade?

TEXANS84

Reaction score
WEEI 850AM (Boston sports radio) is reporting the full deal with the Chiefs will be Vrabel, and Cassell (pending a physical) in exchange for the Chiefs #3 overall pick. Wow if this happens.

Just saw it posted on a Texans message board.
Seeing if it has any merit.

Ok...wait...but...hold on...#3 pick? My god what would we take? Its endless to think of..Maybe a deep snapper?

I'm not sure I would agree to a cassel/vrabel trade

I mean vrabel had some great years here, but he doesn't have as much left in the tank as cassel

Now I'm seeing this on the same board as well:

from Adam Schefter

BREAKING NEWS : Tampa Bay TV Station FOX 13 is reporting BUCS are finalizing contract extention talks with MATT CASSEL . BUCS and PATS have agreed on DEAL pending CASSEL CONTRACT SIGNING ( 4 years -29.5 million plus performance incentives ) . Buc 's official confirms deal is for Buc's 2009 1st round selection ( 19th overall ) and 2010 conditional 2nd rounder.

Ok...wait...but...hold on...#3 pick? My god what would we take? Its endless to think of..Maybe a deep snapper?

If that happens, it's likely BB parlays that #3 into about 18 first rounders over the next 20 years.

You can bet they probably wouldn't use it this year.

from Adam Schefter

BREAKING NEWS : Tampa Bay TV Station FOX 13 is reporting BUCS are finalizing contract extention talks with MATT CASSEL . BUCS and PATS have agreed on DEAL pending CASSEL CONTRACT SIGNING ( 4 years -29.5 million plus performance incentives ) . Buc 's official confirms deal is for Buc's 2009 1st round selection ( 19th overall ) and 2010 conditional 2nd rounder.

This appears to be bogus. Just look at the contract amount anyway and ask yourself if Cassel would accept those terms.

I mean vrabel had some great years here, but he doesn't have as much left in the tank as cassel

Cassel is not going to be here man, if we can get a first round high pick, thats awesome. We dont care how much cassel has in the tank, he is not staying here.

This appears to be bogus. Just look at the contract amount anyway and ask yourself if Cassel would accept those terms.

4 years 30 million?

depends on the incentives

that's about

7.5 mill a year. maybe up to 9 with incentives

sounds about right actually

Cassel is not going to be here man, if we can get a first round high pick, thats awesome. We dont care how much cassel has in the tank, he is not staying here.

I was making a joke about trading cassel for vrabel

4 years 30 million?

depends on the incentives

that's about

7.5 mill a year. maybe up to 9 with incentives

sounds about right actually

Yeah thats what I was thinking, that is about a fair contract for a 1 year starting Qb I would say just depends on how much guarenteed.

I was making a joke about trading cassel for vrabel

Oh...Damn you got me, I misread it, that was funny when I look at it that way...man do I feel stupid..wow I defensive today. I need to go home.

Maybe the Chiefs will throw their longsnapper in to sweeten the deal?

if it would all be guaranteed \(minus the incentives obviously :p I could see it)

from Adam Schefter

Funny niether Fox 13 in TB or Schefter has that posted at all. You would think Schefter would have it posted.

I'll take it....but don't think it is legit at this point.

Funny niether Fox 13 in TB or Schefter has that posted at all. You would think Schefter would have it posted.

I'll take it....but don't think it is legit at this point.

Dammit, I got excited, I hate false rumors.

Back