Celtics

Can I just insert here that I am overjoyed that Lebron lost. LOL. I really can't stand that guy even though I admit he is a fantastic player. I do wonder if his best days are behind him. The injuries are starting to mount. I was thinking the other day that he really benefited from the long break last year and not having to travel when the games did resume. I think if not for Covid, he is probably 0-3 in LA with a missed playoffs, a conference loss to the Clippers last year and this year's first round exit.

Me too. It is glorious when he loses. And a first round exit was the cherry on top this year. LOL

Walker wasn't the answer and has a bum knee. Not sure we could expect all that much in return. But maybe.

C's swapped a $72mm contract for a a $53mm contract.

C's also got a 21 year-old 7-footer with upside (who makes less than $2 mil per year) for a mid-1st round draft pick.

Hope this is a step toward acquiring Lillard or someone of that ilk.

An underrated reason Brad did the trade so early​

renderTimingPixel.png

There are going to be several teams looking to move on from their own cap mistakes - I.e. the Pelicans with Bledsoe + Adams and Dallas with Porzingas. I think both teams would probably have loved to get off these contracts using Al. By moving early Brad might have avoided getting into a bidding war for a 35 y/o center (as strange as it sounds)

In his first official move, Brad had good reason & couldn't wait to get rid of Kemba and his contract.

An underrated reason Brad did the trade so early

renderTimingPixel.png

There are going to be several teams looking to move on from their own cap mistakes - I.e. the Pelicans with Bledsoe + Adams and Dallas with Porzingas. I think both teams would probably have loved to get off these contracts using Al. By moving early Brad might have avoided getting into a bidding war for a 35 y/o center (as strange as it sounds)
Agreed. For reasons having little or nothing to do directly with his basketball talents, Al became a very valuable commodity within the tangled morass of the NBA salary cap. An astute observation your part.

I question Buckley's last sentence as he has gotten overtly political in his writing but bringing in Ime Udoka excites the hell out of me from what I know of the guy.

"The Celtics wouldn’t be hiring Ime Udoka to be their next head coach if they didn’t believe he possesses the smarts, the cunning, the personality, the leadership skills, to handle the control panels of an NBA franchise.

Udoka, 43, is a former longtime assistant coach under Gregg Popovich in San Antonio. That right there is a very good start. He was a 76ers assistant for a couple of years, and this past season he was on Steve Nash’s staff in Brooklyn. Udoka also played seven seasons in the NBA, a journeyman, sure, but if the Celtics deemed it important to hire a coach who played the game at the highest level, he checks off that box as well."

Last edited:
I question Buckley's last sentence as he has gotten overtly political in writing but bringing in Ime Udoka excites the hell out of me from what I know of the guy.

"The Celtics wouldn’t be hiring Ime Udoka to be their next head coach if they didn’t believe he possesses the smarts, the cunning, the personality, the leadership skills, to handle the control panels of an NBA franchise.

Udoka, 43, is a former longtime assistant coach under Gregg Popovich in San Antonio. That right there is a very good start. He was a 76ers assistant for a couple of years, and this past season he was on Steve Nash’s staff in Brooklyn. Udoka also played seven seasons in the NBA, a journeyman, sure, but if the Celtics deemed it important to hire a coach who played the game at the highest level, he checks off that box as well."
I do believe that "NBA HC" is the least important of the 4 major pro sports, but I have no gripe with this hire. Strong defensive-minded coach who has been a part of good programs and has experience with diva-caliber superstars.

Back