Celtics

There's a difference between not being 100% and playing hurt the way Tatum was. At what point have you ever seen him miss not only the shots he was missing but how badly he was missing them.

JB needs to get his ass in the gym this summer and work on his handle. I love the guy, he's truly gifted, reminds me a lot of James Worthy. Now, clean it up.
Be careful what you say to jay. he will put you on ignore if you don't agree with him. he's very sensitive.

At what point have you ever seen him miss not only the shots he was missing but how badly he was missing them.
He's had 3-4 game stretches of looking awful quite a few times, especially the beginning of this season. And yes he had some just awful misses, but he shot like 45% from behind the arc in the Finals so just how hurt was he, just when he missed? How many times did he cry for a foul after missing a bunny and making no effort to get back on D, something Brown did not do. Was that injury related?

We'll agree to disagree on how hurt he really was, he only seemed to grimace in pain after he did something dumb. I think fatigue was a huge factor, 2 back-to-back extremely physical 7 game series, and the latest he and Brown have played into a season. And like I said before I was mostly talking about the mental mistakes not the missed shots, which fatigue could definitely have also played a factor in.

They will both come back better this year, no doubt in my mind, and Brogdon and Gallinari will take a lot of pressure off of them. Championship or bust!

So our playoff rotation is now, what, 9 deep?
Tatum
Brown
Williams
Smart
Horford
Brogdon
Gallinari
White
Williams
plus Pritchard(? Strictly situational now, rather than core rotation ?)

Some combination of White, GWilliams, and Pritchard (plus most of the rest of the roster I didn't mention) are all tradable now, assuming the C's are looking to use their TE, and presumably to find a big. I'm not sure I like parting with White or GWilliams for a backup big, unless there's a great fit with a lot of upside. Maybe for Birch? But he's already 29...

Some combination of White, GWilliams, and Pritchard (plus most of the rest of the roster I didn't mention) are all tradable now, assuming the C's are looking to use their TE, and presumably to find a big. I'm not sure I like parting with White or GWilliams for a backup big, unless there's a great fit with a lot of upside. Maybe for Birch? But he's already 29...
I believe this expired as of midnight last night and is gone.

I don't know why Brooklyn would even entertain trading KD to Boston. This isn't James Harden, acquiring KD could genuinely lead to a title.

I do this trade in second. If they send white instead of smart. Losing both would hurt the defense too much. brown and white a couple of unprotected first rd picks is as far as i would go.

Last edited:
I do this trade in second. If they send white instead of smart. Losing both would hurt the defense too much. brown and white a couple of unprotected first rd picks is as far as i would go.
The Celtics will be in the low lottery in 3 seasons for the next 5 years after Durant leaves. No. You trade Brown AND Smart, and you're not even getting out of the East with that.

The Celtics will be in the low lottery in 3 seasons for the next 5 years after Durant leaves. No. You trade Brown AND Smart, and you're not even getting out of the East with that.
And one of the motivations behind trading Brown, according to the talking heads, is because he's a flight risk in 2 years. Their sources are some of Brown's cryptic Tweeter posts and reactions, and Jermain Wiggins lol. I have a really hard time believing Brown told Wiggins he plans on leaving when he's an FA. Brown is a smart kid, and he knows exactly who Wiggins is, he's not telling that goof ball his plans 2 years ahead of time, unless there is motivation behind it and he's using him, like trying to force the C's to offer up an extension sooner than later. I will say that it does worry me a little that jackass Kyrie has his ear.

Anyway, instead of trading Brown I'd rather the C's feel him out for at least one more year, and if they really think he will leave after his last year, trade him at that point. His stock will likely be even higher after next year. Forget Durant, fantastic player over his career, but he's never won anything when he had to be the leader. And with Tatum doubting his own leadership qualities, that's what Durant would have to be here, not to mention they are both ball dominant. It would be a terrible mix at this point. The time to get him was as a FA back when he chose the Warriors over the Celtics, not now when you have to overpay and gut your core.

Back