Celtics

They're really a well-oiled machine right now. Malcolm Brogdon and Dennis White have made a huge difference, among others. White is so much better now than when he arrived here late last season.
White is playing with so much confidence. He looks extremely comfortable. The entire bench does.

as a coach Brad is SO much better in the front office.
I think Brad was a great coach early on, but over time I think the players tuned him out to some degree. I think Kyrie was a major headache that just wore him down, also. I think Danny was a great GM and I think he's proving he still is really good in Utah. But, I think Danny worshipped draft picks and Brad seems willing to give them up for proven NBA players in a heartbeat. I lean toward Brad's philosophy, particularly when what's needed is to acquire supplemental pieces vs. future starters.

I think Brad was a great coach early on, but over time I think the players tuned him out to some degree. I think Kyrie was a major headache that just wore him down, also. I think Danny was a great GM and I think he's proving he still is really good in Utah. But, I think Danny worshipped draft picks and Brad seems willing to give them up for proven NBA players in a heartbeat. I lean toward Brad's philosophy, particularly when what's needed is to acquire supplemental pieces vs. future starters.
I don't think that's true. He traded a bucket load of picks for Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett. He worshiped the Nets draft picks, because they were all high lottery picks, and the only one he fucked up with was Kyrie, and I can't even put that on Ainge.

I mean, they turned into Tatum and Brown ffs. Or even his picks that are on the team now. Stephens is in a different place from Ainge, putting talent around a young core that already exists, as opposed to a full-on rebuild (which Ainge pulled off twice, btw, when other teams had their tanking 'process').

21 games in, the Celtics as a team are currently shooting .496/.403/.852.

Only 9 players have put up 50/40/90 seasons in history. :coffee:
That's kind of incredible. They could conceivably hit 50/40 (40 is unlikely), but 90 seems likely out of reach, since it would take ~92% for the rest of the year, which would be insane. How many players have shot 50/40 for a season?

Given that we're now 1/4 of the way through the season, the total # of shots for the team is now probably in the range of the # of shots for those player/seasons, so it's not even a small sample size issue. This stat is even more incredible than it appears on the surface.

I don't think that's true. He traded a bucket load of picks for Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett. He worshiped the Nets draft picks, because they were all high lottery picks, and the only one he fucked up with was Kyrie, and I can't even put that on Ainge.

I mean, they turned into Tatum and Brown ffs. Or even his picks that are on the team now. Stephens is in a different place from Ainge, putting talent around a young core that already exists, as opposed to a full-on rebuild (which Ainge pulled off twice, btw, when other teams had their tanking 'process').
I still would have liked to have seen what that 2017 team could have done if they had Kyrie and Hayward in the playoffs. They could have been a difference maker on a team that made it to game 7 of the ECF. The biggest kick in the groin about that trade(which was a Nets pick) is they would have had a shot at Shai G-A in that next draft. They love size and he's a 6'6" guard, good chance they would have grabbed him. Oh what could have been....

I still would have liked to have seen what that 2017 team could have done if they had Kyrie and Hayward in the playoffs. They could have been a difference maker on a team that made it to game 7 of the ECF. The biggest kick in the groin about that trade(which was a Nets pick) is they would have had a shot at Shai G-A in that next draft. They love size and he's a 6'6" guard, good chance they would have grabbed him. Oh what could have been....
Shea would have been good, obviously, but I'm not sure how he fits in with Brown and Tatum seamlessly either. Like, Smart still needs to play, and I'm not sure Shea or Brown would be willing to that that reduced of a role in the offense with the three of them.

I'd honestly much rather have Brodgon playing 25 min a night off the bench than trying to get those three to play together for 4. Now if you wanted to do a a 'what could have been', imagine Galinari getting 20 minutes a night too with this squad, on a true 2nd team, with White running the point.

I get what you're saying though, there's a possibility of a 70-win team, but Hayward getting washed forever one-half into the first game of his Celtics career, and Kyrie going off the rails are what doomed those squads, and I don't think Ainge or Stevens hold much responsibility for those.

They looked like last year's Celtics tonight. Far too many turnovers. The heat play the Celtics tough.

Absolute destruction of the "best of the west" last night. It's pretty rare that each team starts to pull starters in the 3rd quarter :ROFLMAO: This does remind me of the '07/'08 team as far as being on a mission.

Back