Celtics

Lakers get DAngelo Russell, Jazz get Westbrook+pick, TWolves get Conley.

DAngelo Russell, this guy has played a whopping 8 NBA seasons and is only 26 years old.

[edit] updated from 9 to 8 seasons, forgot one of them was 2 teams in the same season

Lakers get DAngelo Russell, Jazz get Westbrook+pick, TWolves get Conley.

DAngelo Russell, this guy has played a whopping 8 NBA seasons and is only 26 years old.

[edit] updated from 9 to 8 seasons, forgot one of them was 2 teams in the same season

Mike Conley has been around for a while - Red Auerbach was going to draft him, but he already had Bob Cousy.

The Phoenix Suns went CRAZY all-in for Kevin Durant.

Brooklyn gets:
Mikal Bridges
Cal Johnson
Jae Crowder

Brooklyn also gets:
Suns 2023 1st Round Pick (unprotected)
Suns 2025 1st Round Pick (unprotected)
Suns 2027 1st Round Pick (unprotected)
2028 Pick Swap
Suns 2029 1st Round Pick (unprotected)

Everyone is kissing the ass of the Phoenix Suns today but they'd better goddamned win it all this year. To paraphrase the immortal Les Grossman:

A nutless monkey could have made this trade.

Tom Cruise Cinema Supremo GIF

Can anyone who actually watches the NBA explain to me WTF is going on with Brooklyn? I kind of took notice when they made Jacque Vaughn the HC since he's a KU guy. Then I was happy when they traded away Kyrie thinking it might make things even easier for him. Then all of the sudden Durant is gone too. They're sitting in 5th place in the East. WTF is so bad there that everyone is jumping ship?

Brooklyn gets:
Mikal Bridges
Cal Johnson
Jae Crowder

Brooklyn also gets:
2028 Pick Swap

Everyone is kissing the ass of the Phoenix Suns today but they'd better goddamned win it all this year. To paraphrase the immortal Les Grossman:

I bet the nets are happy to be done with all the nonstop drama.

Can anyone who actually watches the NBA explain to me WTF is going on with Brooklyn? I kind of took notice when they made Jacque Vaughn the HC since he's a KU guy. Then I was happy when they traded away Kyrie thinking it might make things even easier for him. Then all of the sudden Durant is gone too. They're sitting in 5th place in the East. WTF is so bad there that everyone is jumping ship?
They should have won it all in 20/21, Durant was f'ing amazing and he carried that team on his back but injuries caught up to them. The following season it started unraveling, Harden's commitment was questioned and he shot his way out of town(later it seemed Harden just saw the writing on the wall), traded him for a guy with mental problems, hadn't played in a year, and who can't/doesn't shoot(Ben Simmons). Kyrie couldn't play any home games(or in Toronto) because he refused to get vaccinated, and Durant missed a lot of time but still carried that team on his back when he was there in order to make the playoffs, then they got swept. They of course blamed the coach Nash even though he's the guy Durant/Kyrie wanted, and Kyrie had claimed(before Nash was hired I think) that they don't really need a coach. The Nets chose the players over the coach and fired Nash, then said players wanted out anyway and they were traded. I think that about sums it up.

This is the first trade I've seen out of Brooklyn that they actually won, assuming they cash in on those picks.

This is the first trade I've seen out of Brooklyn that they actually won, assuming they cash in on those picks.
I hear nothing but praise for the Phoenix Suns this morning but to me, this trade is Herschel Walker-esque in favor of Brooklyn.

Brooklyn gets:
Mikal Bridges
Cal Johnson
Jae Crowder

Brooklyn also gets:
2028 Pick Swap

1. It’s revisionist history for some to say the Nets had a superteam. It was widely predicted from the beginning that this team wouldn’t work with Kyrie and Harden being no-defense divas who need the ball and don’t do anything off the ball. It was worse than the Barkeley Rockets or Malone Lakers.

2. Kyrie is such a headcase. Total psycho. He will implode the Mavericks within 2 years

3. Durant is a great example of why you don’t let players run your team. I actually think he’ll be good in Phoenix as Chris Paul will be the leader that Durant naturally isn’t.

4. Suns gave up a lot of picks but they really have a superteam now. I don’t think the Suns will be bad in a few years as Ayton and Booker are still young

5. The haul back for the Nets for Durant, Kyrie, Harden wasn’t great. Their GM Marks is good at drafting with mid-picks but he is horrible at trades and organizational management.

Last edited:
Netflix just put out a new show called Bill Russell Legend. Goes through his life story in Oakland and in the pros and with interviews.

Bill Russell was the original greatest winner of all time. 11 rings. 2 college championships and an Olympic Gold. Never lost a playoff elimination game.

I have his books Second Wind and Red and Me. Fantastic reads of his life experiences. Back in his day he was the man, alongside Jim Brown and Ali during a period of lot of change around them.

No thanks. KD is almost at the end of his career and Jaylen is one of the best 2-way wings in the league, plus has grit in big games and playoffs. What this team needs is basically a younger Horford replacement. This team is awesome when Horford is healthy, when Horford (or a future young big man) are out this offense becomes easy to stop. The C's need a reliable big man as Horford is great but old and Timelord is always hurt
Celts just landed Mike Muscala from OKC. Not a splashy move but can rotate in for Horford and Williams so their legs can be fresh for the postseason.

Brooklyn gets:
Mikal Bridges
Cal Johnson
Jae Crowder

Brooklyn also gets:
2028 Pick Swap

Holy Shit!!!!

Seriously?

😲

Blow it up and restart. I'm sure they tried to trade Simmons too but there were no takers. They actually did a pretty good job getting return from that terrible situation.

It also sort of shows that the trading for a superteam model is no guarantee, unless it's the right guys, and we'll so how the Nets do in the draft. They managed to recoup some of the picks they lost in the Harden trade at least.

Kyrie completely poisoned the well, and Durant didn't want to be part of a rebuild (He's 34, don't really blame him).

Celts just landed Mike Muscala from OKC. Not a splashy move but can rotate in for Horford and Williams so their legs can be fresh for the postseason.
Yup, anything that lets Horford stay fresh for the playoffs was the move here. They don't really need more shooters, or backup ball handlers.

1. It’s revisionist history for some to say the Nets had a superteam. It was widely predicted from the beginning that this team wouldn’t work with Kyrie and Harden being no-defense divas who need the ball and don’t do anything off the ball. It was worse than the Barkeley Rockets or Malone Lakers.

2. Kyrie is such a headcase. Total psycho. He will implode the Mavericks within 2 years

3. Durant is a great example of why you don’t let players run your team. I actually think he’ll be good in Phoenix as Chris Paul will be the leader that Durant naturally isn’t.

4. Suns gave up a lot of picks but they really have a superteam now. I don’t think the Suns will be bad in a few years as Ayton and Booker are still young

5. The haul back for the Nets for Durant, Kyrie, Harden wasn’t great. Their GM Marks is good at drafting with mid-picks but he is horrible at trades and organizational management.
Durant will be good anywhere, he's an all time great and he's still great, if he stays healthy...but....I like Chris Paul and all but he is the mother of all chokers. And he heard all that going into game 7 last year, and what did he do with that motivation? He was a complete no show, as was that entire team. I can respect a bad game, but to not even show up, pathetic. And you call him a leader? They had a 3-2 series lead and got trucked with a capital T the last 2 games by a team that frankly wasn't all that great. Michael Jordan himself couldn't have won that series with that collection of losers in Phoenix. And yeah Booker and Ayton are young, but Booker could go UFA after next year, and he might after another choke job like that. They will also be paying about 150mil between Booker, Ayton, Paul, and KD next year. Good luck with that, I don't know if Phoenix can afford that kind of luxury tax and still surround them with good rotational players. They're going to have to make some big moves after this season. I'd be surprised if they even make the Finals let alone win it this season, and this will be their best chance for the next few seasons.

Last edited:
What a potential huge blunder by the GSW. They trade a guy with tons of potential in Wiseman for Payton who they could have just signed in FA instead. Nice low risk move by the Pistons that could pay off big.

What a potential huge blunder by the GSW. They trade a guy with tons of potential in Wiseman for Payton who they could have just signed in FA instead. Nice low risk move by the Pistons that could pay off big.
I think if they thought anything about Wiseman, he would have been playing over Looney 2 years ago.

I think if they thought anything about Wiseman, he would have been playing over Looney 2 years ago.
No, Wiseman is a project and was only 19 years old 2 years ago with a ceiling that is leaps and bounds above Looney's, super star potential. He was never going to be a starter out of the gate on a champion pedigree kind of team like that but still played more than Looney when he was on the floor, and was vastly outplaying him. He was supposed to be the anchor for the next generation of GSW teams. I mean he was the 2nd pick overall, you don't typically give up on that type of an investment this quick, especially for a guy you could have just signed instead. Maybe they think he's just too injury prone or there's something with his attitude I dunno. Looks like the deal is going to fall through anyway, Payton couldn't pass his physical.

Last edited:
Didn't take Mike Muscala long to make himself at home.
It was a good trade especially since they got him for peanuts. I would have rather a wing that could create his own shot, but they're more rare and expensive. There's no doubt a legit stretch big was also a need, he's definitely that.

Back